• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the top 10. It's not like there's an official list. I don't really give it a lot of thought past the top 5. I'd probably have Kobe in my top 10. But I'd have to care enough to actually make a list beyond top 5.
If you never done the exercise how do you know Kobe is on it. You could surprise yourself if you ever did one.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think context matters. You're looking at the sum of the parts as if Lebron being there didn't have to do anything with their diminished roles/production.

At the time they joined up Wade was easily a top 5 player in the NBA. Bosh was also a probable top 15 player in the NBA. At the time Bosh was a 5x (consecutive Allstar), coming off a season when he just averaged 24/10.8/2.4. Wade was already a champion and was coming off 6 straight AS appearances and a season in which he averaged 26.6/4.8/6.5.

Kevin Love was arguably a top 10 player at the time he was traded. He was coming off a season in which he averaged 26.1/12.5/4.4 and shot 37% from 3.

Acting like these guys were subpar players is ridiculous. Lebron's teams have always been top heavy. You can argue about the additional players but every team in Lebron's prime was surrounded by 3 guys that were top 20 arguable players at worst.

I find it funny how all of a sudden Bosh and Love weren't world class players when they played with Lebron but overrated bums.

Bosh was a first round exit in the playoffs before joining Lebron. He was a stat stuffer who was unable to elevate his team to contention. A glorified role player in real. Wade was good the first year they joined up but was far from the player he was when he won with Shaq. Wade deteriorated fast because of his style of play.

Kevin Love couldn’t even make the playoffs without Lebron, a career loser. Lebron saved his career and got him a big fat contract

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it makes sense to no one. Ask around.

I am not sure it matters if his reasons don’t make sense to anybody else because they are his reasons. Only has to make sense to him.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say "showing his age" (which he wasn't). You said "washed up" which is absurd. He was over 26 ppg and near 50% shooting. PPG went down some with Lebron but stayed over 20 and shooting % went up.

I never said Bosh and Love were superstars, but they were stars....and both were willing to sacrifice their games to play with Lebron.

But if you want to keep slurping Lebron I wont stop you.

Wade was washed up in the sense he was far from the mvp caliber player he had been.

Bosh and Love were so overrated it’s funny. Anyone with eyes could see it. They would have been career losers without Lebron. Think Shareef Abdul Raheem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh was a first round exit in the playoffs before joining Lebron. He was a stat stuffer who was unable to elevate his team to contention. A glorified role player in real. Wade was good the first year they joined up but was far from the player he was when he won with Shaq. Wade deteriorated fast because of his style of play.

Kevin Love couldn’t even make the playoffs without Lebron, a career loser. Lebron saved his career and got him a big fat contract
Love was the best player (by far) on a 40 win team in the rugged West.

Once again, Wade had a PER of 28+ (2nd highest of his career) and was 28 when Lebron joined him.

Has Lebron ever won a title without wade/Bosh or Love on his team? How far did he get last year without them?

Don't let the facts get in the way of this comical rant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kobe is at least top 15 all time, I'd even say top 10. But you can't be top 5 if you're not even #1 all time at your position.

Sure you can.

Especially now that positions are dying anyway.

It is merely a coincidence that most people’s top 4 all play different traditional positions (MJ, LeBron, Magic, Kareem)

But I highly doubt most all time top 5s have a PF in them. In fact, I would bet a lot of top 10s don’t.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Wade was washed up at age 28 coming off a season where he went for roughly 27, 6 and 5 with a PER of 28 (2nd highest of his career).

as I said...cannot argue with irrational.

Like I responded in another post. Wade was good their first season but after he wasn’t the mvp caliber player he had been.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's stacked teams are a myth. A washed up Wade and overrated Bosh shouldn't be considered stacked in the truest sense. A locker room cancer in Kyrie and a dud like Kevin Love shouldn’t either.

Wade was in obvious decline by the end of their run together.

But at the beginning?

He was arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA behind LeBron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was washed up in the sense he was far from the mvp caliber player he had been.

Bosh and Love were so overrated it’s funny. Anyone with eyes could see it. They would have been career losers without Lebron. Think Shareef Abdul Raheem.
Keep saying you cannot really argue with anyone this irrational, but I cannot turn away for fear of missing out on the comedy you have provided here.

Love/Bosh = SA-R?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lebron leaving has left you with too much bitterness. I hope you can recover one day.
All good for me. Love the cavs but they are behind the Browns, Indians and OSU football on the sports pecking order for me.

Not that this deflection makes your comments any less foolish.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But at the beginning?

which any rational NBA fan knows I'd think.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it matters if his reasons don’t make sense to anybody else because they are his reasons. Only has to make sense to him.
That's deep

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I responded in another post. Wade was good their first season but after he wasn’t the mvp caliber player he had been.
what you said was when Lebron joined him he was washed up. It was a foolish comment to make. Just own it.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was the best player (by far) on a 40 win team in the rugged West.

Once again, Wade had a PER of 28+ (2nd highest of his career) and was 28 when Lebron joined him.

Has Lebron ever won a title without wade/Bosh or Love on his team? How far did he get last year without them?

Don't let the facts get in the way of this comical rant.

Wade and Love and Bosh have never been to the finals like Lebron has without a second star. I think the best Wade could manage was the second round. Those guys were career losers without Lebron or a dominant Shaq.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But at the beginning?

Like I said in another post. I believe his first year with Lebron he was superstar caliber.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Love and Bosh have never been to the finals like Lebron has without a second star. I think the best Wade could manage was the second round. Those guys were career losers without Lebron or a dominant Shaq.
And like Love guess what......Lebron has never even made the playoffs in the West.

No question Lebron took the 2007 Cavs team on his back to the Finals, but since he never went without Wade/Bosh or Love. Imagine that.

Shaq ever win a title without Kobe or Wade? Career loser without them?