• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like Love guess what......Lebron has never even made the playoffs in the West.

No question Lebron took the 2007 Cavs team on his back to the Finals, but since he never went without Wade/Bosh or Love. Imagine that.

Shaq ever win a title without Kobe or Wade? Career loser without them?

Now I know you're desperate, trying to hold Lebron responsible for missing the playoffs last year when he missed so many games.

Lebron took teams deep into the playoffs before Love or Bosh. He went to the finals without another star (no Kyrie or Wade) in 2018. He's proven he elevates his teams on so many occasions and scenarios.

Shaq went to the finals without Kobe or Wade. Quite an accomplishment give his age.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.....you claimed "like you said" he was a superstar in Lebron's first year when that is not what you said. You said he was washed up "when Lebron got there".

And I back tracked to concede that Wade was great their first year together.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know you're desperate, trying to hold Lebron responsible for missing the playoffs last year when he missed so many games.

Lebron took teams deep into the playoffs before Love or Bosh. He went to the finals without another star (no Kyrie or Wade) in 2018. He's proven he elevates his teams on so many occasions and scenarios.

Shaq went to the finals without Kobe or Wade. Quite an accomplishment give his age.
You held Love responsible for not making the playoffs in the West. Guess you were desperate?

Lebron got to the Finals one time without Love or Bosh. In 2018, he had Love BTW. study up before you reply.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You held Love responsible for not making the playoffs in the West. Guess you were desperate?

Lebron got to the Finals one time without Love or Bosh. In 2018, he had Love BTW. study up before you reply.

I know he had Love but it isn't like Love was a legit second star at the time. He wasn't even a 20 and 10 guy anymore...lol

I held Love responsible because Love didn't have the myriad of problems that Lebron did his first year with the Lakers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he had Love but it isn't like Love was a legit second star at the time. He wasn't even a 20 and 10 guy anymore...lol

I held Love responsible because Love didn't have the myriad of problems that Lebron did his first year with the Lakers.
He had bad teammates in Minny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kobe is at least top 15 all time, I'd even say top 10. But you can't be top 5 if you're not even #1 all time at your position.

Exactly. And this is the one time I'm not trashing him. Dammit.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is around #10 for me all time. He had a great career and for a while it could be argued was the best player in the league.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Love and Bosh have never been to the finals like Lebron has without a second star. I think the best Wade could manage was the second round. Those guys were career losers without Lebron or a dominant Shaq.

Lebron had pretty stacked teams the last 8 years not including last year with the lakers. Problem for him was some other really stacked all time great HOF teams were around at the same time unlike when Jordan was around. Otherwise he would likely have a lot more rings...But that is how shit goes

He still has 3 and even that required some luck, ray allen 3 in the corner, epic comeback...Could have easily been 1.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had pretty stacked teams the last 8 years not including last year with the lakers. Problem for him was some other really stacked all time great HOF teams were around at the same time unlike when Jordan was around. Otherwise he would likely have a lot more rings...But that is how shit goes

He still has 3 and even that required some luck, ray allen 3 in the corner, epic comeback...Could have easily been 1.

Good point about there being other stacked teams during that time. I think Lebron gets unfairly criticized for having a super team because the way he went about forming the super team. The Celts team around that time IMO was more of super team than Lebron's but you rarely hear criticism directed at Garnett, Ray Allen or Pierce.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN gave Miami a B for their off season moves

Miami Heat: B

Starting out in the luxury tax, the Heat managed to pull off adding one of the top free agents on the market in Jimmy Butler via a sign-and-trade that cost them leading scorer Josh Richardson, Hassan Whiteside and a first-round pick. Butler increases Miami's ceiling, and the Heat can now reasonably aspire to reach the wide-open second tier of Eastern Conference contenders after missing the playoffs last season.

The deal did come at a cost to Miami's depth. Of the seven Heat players who logged more than 1,200 minutes last season, just three -- Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk and Justise Winslow -- will return. So Miami is counting on healthy comebacks from veterans Goran Dragic, James Johnson and Dion Waiters, who combined to miss 102 games due to injuries in 2018-19.
*Paging Mr @WiggyRuss*

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was in obvious decline by the end of their run together.

But at the beginning?

He was arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA behind LeBron.

Yep, they had 2 great players at the beginning and Bosh was a top 20-25 player, if not higher.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Love and Bosh have never been to the finals like Lebron has without a second star. I think the best Wade could manage was the second round. Those guys were career losers without Lebron or a dominant Shaq.

:L

I loved Shaq but he wasn't dominant when he was in Miami.....

19.6 ppg and 9rpg was good for his age but that's not dominant at all....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me your top 15. I'm curious to know who you would leave off your top 10 to include Kobe.

Most lists do have Kobe somewhere around the very end like 10 or 11, if you're being reasonable.

This isn't my exact list but something like:

Jordan
LeBron
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Oscar
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe