• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference though. Everyone (except you) that's a regular in the NBA threads knows I'm joking around when I say stuff like that. You don't or won't acknowledge that.

And try to remember I'm not from Cleveland. It's beyond bizarre how many people insist just because I'm a Cleveland sports fan that somehow means I'm from that city.

3....2.....1....lift off...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board needs more of these feuds to develop, they are entertaining and keep the board rolling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to blame Hue for the kicker? Not the ST coach or the GM who signed the kicker? Or if we are talking health, how about the trainer? doctors and trainers tell the coaches who can play. Since Hue can't replace the kicker, wouldn't you think it's more prudent to inform the guy who can and maybe he should be the one who knows if he can play?

Football 101...Always blame the kicker.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a problem in the locker room because too many of today's players are coddled, just like Butler was a problem with the Wolves. Guys like Towns and Wiggins rely on their talent and aren't giving the team full effort on the practice court, much less on both ends during games, which drives guys like Butler and CP3 crazy (likewise Jordan and Kobe in the past).

Paul looks out of shape because of his build and age. He's probably carrying too much build for his height and age, and injuries can limit your ability to keep weight off if you can't do enough cardio.

Are you really arguing that Wiggins is a better player than CP3? Wiggins' PER last season was 12.42, far below the league average of 15, and that stat doesn't even accurately measure defense, where Wiggins once again pales relative to CP3. CP3's PER was 19.71. CP3's VORP was the lowest of his career at 2.4, but Wiggins' was -0.6, the worst of his career (and he has been negative every year of his career). An average NBA player would be an improvement over Wiggins any year of his 5 in the league. For that fantastic production, you only have to pay his max contract through 22/23, 8th most expensive SF in the league per season, 5th in overall contract $. The average NBA player in 18/19 made $7.7M.

You literally just hit on why CP3's not worth it. Wiggins is an average NBA starter. Paul's going to get worst and has literally the worst contract in the league. If he's such a hot commodity as you're pointing out, then why are teams not in a rush to trade for Paul. Wiggins' problem is between the ears, but athletically he's still able to have a solid NBA career with the right coaching. Paul has had problems wherever he's gone see Houston and the Clippers. Again, I'm not vouching for Wiggins being some great player, so far he hasn't lived up to the hype that he came with. But he has potential and is only 24 years old. CP3 is washed and will cost $40+ mil per year for the final 3 years of his deal.

It's basic economics - CP3's contract is the worst in the NBA, maybe 2nd to Wall.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football 101...Always blame the kicker.
tenor.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chubb's numbers won't improve much (and could decline) due to Hunt's presence on the depth chart. Of course, that's not necessarily bad for Chubb's efficiency or the team, but for raw production (ie fantasy), he may not "break out" this year due to that competition. They also still have Duke around to steal touches, especially on throwing downs.

You think the Browns go w/ a 2 headed running attack until Hunt serves his suspension or will Chubb be the # 1 RB?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally just hit on why CP3's not worth it. Wiggins is an average NBA starter. Paul's going to get worst and has literally the worst contract in the league. If he's such a hot commodity as you're pointing out, then why are teams not in a rush to trade for Paul. Wiggins' problem is between the ears, but athletically he's still able to have a solid NBA career with the right coaching. Paul has had problems wherever he's gone see Houston and the Clippers. Again, I'm not vouching for Wiggins being some great player, so far he hasn't lived up to the hype that he came with. But he has potential and is only 24 years old. CP3 is washed and will cost $40+ mil per year for the final 3 years of his deal.

It's basic economics - CP3's contract is the worst in the NBA, maybe 2nd to Wall.

Disagree completely. CP3 still gives leadership and quality play, whereas Wiggins is a net negative. CP3 costs a bit more, but his contract is over sooner too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Browns go w/ a 2 headed running attack until Hunt serves his suspension or will Chubb be the # 1 RB?

I think much like last year, Chubb will come off for Duke in passing situations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb #1. Anything else would be a shock to me. Duke will get some touches though....and he should.

what they do when Hunt comes back is anyone's guess. Obviously, health and how Chubb is playing will be a huge factor.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What players in the NBA do you suspect are gay?

I always thought Kobe was bisexual, his fans are certainly gay.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What players in the NBA do you suspect are gay?

I always thought Kobe was bisexual, his fans are certainly gay.

Anyone that played a single game with the Cavs is suspect.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Confirmed Kobe Kid with typical deflection by attacking Lebron. I held you in such high esteem until now, ShaqDaddy because I didn't think a chick could be a Kobe Kid.. Being a Kobe Kid is the lowest of lows, for shame SD, for shame...SMH