• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really struggling with comprehension today.

How are ya coming with an explanation how any of this is "taking comments out of context"?

So funny I've been doing this constantly since Day 1 yet all you have is one example from probably 6 months ago.

Do I really need to mention this beaten to death topic again? Okay. Maybe this time you'll stop being such a stubborn ass. Doubt it though.

You want an example of you taking comments outta context? When I said Klay > Love & you turned it into trying to say I said Klay > AD & Embiid. Which we both know I never said.

Are you done yet? This dumbass game you've been playing since the moment you got to the NBA threads is beyond old.

We all get it. You NEED to always have the last word. It's what you do. Just get that last word in so you can tell yourself you're right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the Browns will do this year, but I have no doubt they'll be fun to watch one way or the other.

There's a lot of talent on that team.

There are also a lot of big personalities (especially with OBJ and Baker).

If they all pull together and stay on the same page...they could be a really good team.

If the personalities start to clash, it could be an epic meltdown.

What happens when the Browns win a game and OBJ is mad because he got 3 catches for 19 yards?
The last comment would be a surprise as I cannot recall him ever complaining about his own numbers when the team was winning.....but who knows with a WR?

I get the reluctance, as I too would like to see them beat a quality team before I'm ready to think SB contender or even division winner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to buy any of the hype. Don't like it. I think my hopes for the Browns are simple & realistic. Win more games than last year & beat those damn Steelers. That's it. No crazy-ass predictions outta me. For me there's just way too many unknowns for over-the-top expectations.

As far as OBJ. All I can do is hope the change of scenery & having his best friend around (J. Landry) will keep his massive diva-ego in check. But judging by his past antics I wouldn't bet on it.
I get wanting to see them do something on the field before buying the hype, but I also get the hype. Hell, they were a couple kicks away from winning 9 last year with Haley running the offense (and Hue as HC) half the year. I hear some say don't be afraid of thinking they could be very successful and there is something to be said for that.

As for OBJ, other than fighting with annet and maybe a dustup because he wasn't getting the ball AND the team was losing I can't think of much that he's done.

Have heard him in a few interviews here and seems like he's been all about team. Loved when he said he makes it a point to sit down and meet all his teammates.

Is it September yet?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really need to mention this beaten to death topic again? Okay. Maybe this time you'll stop being such a stubborn ass. Doubt it though.

You want an example of you taking comments outta context? When I said Klay > Love & you turned it into trying to say I said Klay > AD & Embiid. Which we both know I never said.

Are you done yet? This dumbass game you've been playing since the moment you got to the NBA threads is beyond old.

We all get it. You NEED to always have the last word. It's what you do. Just get that last word in so you can tell yourself you're right.
Still not your best comprehension today. Did ya miss where I stipulated you can count that as an example (said so 2-3 times)?

Yes, I'll stipulate even though it wasn't "Klay > Love" it was "I'll always take the shooter over the big guy"

Great....one example from 4-6 months ago? doesn't exactly qualify as "constantly since I've been here" does it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not your best comprehension today. Did ya miss where I stipulated you can count that as an example (said so 2-3 times)?

Yes, I'll stipulate even though it wasn't "Klay > Love" it was "I'll always take the shooter over the big guy"

Great....one example from 4-6 months ago? doesn't exactly qualify as "constantly since I've been here" does it?

So you admit you like to start stuff & have to get that last word in but you're always right. Got it. Seriously stop drinking directly outta Lake Erie. It's fucking your head up.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as OBJ. All I can do is hope the change of scenery & having his best friend around (J. Landry) will keep his massive diva-ego in check. But judging by his past antics I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, I actually think it could be the opposite. In friendlier confines, his ego may run wild. Just keep throwing to him and everything will be fine. :thumb:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get wanting to see them do something on the field before buying the hype, but I also get the hype. Hell, they were a couple kicks away from winning 9 last year with Haley running the offense (and Hue as HC) half the year. I hear some say don't be afraid of thinking they could be very successful and there is something to be said for that.

As for OBJ, other than fighting with annet and maybe a dustup because he wasn't getting the ball AND the team was losing I can't think of much that he's done.

Have heard him in a few interviews here and seems like he's been all about team. Loved when he said he makes it a point to sit down and meet all his teammates.

Is it September yet?

Before last year the team had won 4 games in 3 years. You can buy into the hype. I simply won't. I need to see more results first.

I think it's a little ironic the teams fortunes changed as soon as they got right of that jinx Hue Jackson. Haley did the team no favors either. And how the season started last year. How the hell was Jackson not aware the K wasn't 100%? He's was the damn HC! He should know stuff like that. No wonder he's statistically the wrost HC in league history.

OBJ should have something to prove this year. He needs to play & keep that big mouth of his shut. And it was a bad look for him bitching about how the Giants didn't inform of that trade. Can you blame them though? He was in 100% pain in the ass dive mode towards the end of his time w/ the Giants.

Of course we all want Baker to build on his record setting rookie year. I think he will. What are your thought about Chubb? 1,145 yards & 10 total TD's. 16 games played & 9 started. Not bad for a rookie who wasn't the # 1 RB to start the season. You think 1,350 total yards & 13 total TD's is a reasonable goal for him this year?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually think it could be the opposite. In friendlier confines, his ego may run wild. Just keep throwing to him and everything will be fine. :thumb:

I hope you're wrong. If he plays his pain in the ass diva card (like he did in N.Y.) it'll just create unwanted issues all season long.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit you like to start stuff & have to get that last word in but you're always right. Got it. Seriously stop drinking directly outta Lake Erie. It's fucking your head up.
I admit I like to argue and often try and get the last word.

I've heard you admit you like "to start stuff". I've never complained about it. Did you bring some Lake Erie water to Colorado with you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before last year the team had won 4 games in 3 years. You can buy into the hype. I simply won't. I need to see more results first.

I think it's a little ironic the teams fortunes changed as soon as they got right of that jinx Hue Jackson. Haley did the team no favors either. And how the season started last year. How the hell was Jackson not aware the K wasn't 100%? He's was the damn HC! He should know stuff like that. No wonder he's statistically the wrost HC in league history.

OBJ should have something to prove this year. He needs to play & keep that big mouth of his shut. And it was a bad look for him bitching about how the Giants didn't inform of that trade. Can you blame them though? He was in 100% pain in the ass dive mode towards the end of his time w/ the Giants.

Of course we all want Baker to build on his record setting rookie year. I think he will. What are your thought about Chubb? 1,145 yards & 10 total TD's. 16 games played & 9 started. Not bad for a rookie who wasn't the # 1 RB to start the season. You think 1,350 total yards & 13 total TD's is a reasonable goal for him this year?
I'm not sure I'm buying in yet...Said I at least want to see them beat a decent opponent first. I think their ceiling could be 13 wins, but floor is also probably 6-7.

You want to blame Hue for the kicker? Not the ST coach or the GM who signed the kicker? Or if we are talking health, how about the trainer? doctors and trainers tell the coaches who can play. Since Hue can't replace the kicker, wouldn't you think it's more prudent to inform the guy who can and maybe he should be the one who knows if he can play?

I think Chubb depends on how they use Hunt - assuming if he can even stay clean until week 8. If we didn't have Hunt I could see 1200-1400 yards rushing and 10-14 total TDs by Chubb.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thought about Chubb? 1,145 yards & 10 total TD's. 16 games played & 9 started. Not bad for a rookie who wasn't the # 1 RB to start the season. You think 1,350 total yards & 13 total TD's is a reasonable goal for him this year?

I think Chubb's numbers won't improve much (and could decline) due to Hunt's presence on the depth chart. Of course, that's not necessarily bad for Chubb's efficiency or the team, but for raw production (ie fantasy), he may not "break out" this year due to that competition. They also still have Duke around to steal touches, especially on throwing downs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I like to argue and often try and get the last word.

I've heard you admit you like "to start stuff". I've never complained about it. Did you bring some Lake Erie water to Colorado with you?

Here's the difference though. Everyone (except you) that's a regular in the NBA threads knows I'm joking around when I say stuff like that. You don't or won't acknowledge that.

And try to remember I'm not from Cleveland. It's beyond bizarre how many people insist just because I'm a Cleveland sports fan that somehow means I'm from that city.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're wrong. If he plays his pain in the ass diva card (like he did in N.Y.) it'll just create unwanted issues all season long.
I think it would, too, but also think he seems to be good friends with baker and Landry on and off the field which will make a difference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chubb's numbers won't improve much (and could decline) due to Hunt's presence on the depth chart. Of course, that's not necessarily bad for Chubb's efficiency or the team, but for raw production (ie fantasy), he may not "break out" this year due to that competition. They also still have Duke around to steal touches, especially on throwing downs.
Excellent point about efficiency...has to help keep them both fresh as well assuming Hunt can play week 8.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference though. Everyone (except you) that's a regular in the NBA threads knows I'm joking around when I say stuff like that. You don't or won't acknowledge that.

And try to remember I'm not from Cleveland. It's beyond bizarre how many people insist just because I'm a Cleveland sports fan that somehow means I'm from that city.
Joking around? You often say it after trying to get something started. I'm not complaining about it and appreciate a good instigator. Not sure why you'd now be running away from this.

while I'm from Cleveland I didn't/don't live near the Lake Erie water. Just as likely you'd drink it than I would.

How's it going finding examples of all those comments you claim I've made since I got here "taking comments out of context".

so far it seems like "all those" = 1?

here we go again...
1) you make foolish comment
2) I call you on it
3) You wont own up to foolish comment
4) You instead deflect
5) Someone comes in and argues while saying all I do is argue...yet wont call you out for your inaccurate comment
6) rinse and repeat

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#gottalovedisforum:heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#gottalovedisforum:heh:

There really is something wrong w/ dtgold88. But it's funny stuff anyway. It's better to just let him ramble on. This way he doesn't have to tell everyone they're wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking around? You often say it after trying to get something started. I'm not complaining about it and appreciate a good instigator. Not sure why you'd now be running away from this.

while I'm from Cleveland I didn't/don't live near the Lake Erie water. Just as likely you'd drink it than I would.

How's it going finding examples of all those comments you claim I've made since I got here "taking comments out of context".

so far it seems like "all those" = 1?

here we go again...
1) you make foolish comment
2) I call you on it
3) You wont own up to foolish comment
4) You instead deflect
5) Someone comes in and argues while saying all I do is argue...yet wont call you out for your inaccurate comment
6) rinse and repeat

See comment 11350.