• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But guys typically fulfilling their contracts don't get fined 50k? He was doing everything he could to not fulfill his contract, besides sucking on the court, but i am sure that would have happened next year had he not been traded.
Lots of guys get fined (or even suspended).....by your "logic" they are not honoring their contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you're always too busy arguing and trying to get the last word.
Like the person arguing and trying to get the last word....who has no trouble making their complaint while arguing and trying to get the last word

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things were different back then, no doubt. I love and really want to believe in the whole "I didn't want to join them, I wanted to beat them" thing. But the thing is that back then, it wasn't really an option. So we don't know what they'd have done if they had the choices that today's players do.
Other aspect is MJ, Magic and Bird had titles so really no need to "join them".

Barkley, though?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant to the value the Pelicans got in the trade down.

They turned 4 and a late 2nd rounder into:

8, 17 a future 1st and a bad Contract dump.

That is value.

Of course it is more likely the Lakers will be a contender because they are the Lakers.

But if this season goes poorly (which is possible) AD could leave next year and LeBron could be a year behind. Then, the Lakers are back where they started when Kobe retired. This time without lotto picks.

I am not saying I think that will happen, but it is certainly a possibility.

Which is why the pick swaps are valuable.

Of course they have value, or they wouldn't have been part of the trade. That value is very minimal though, much like a team like Philly trading a pick to Boston and having it top 3 protected. It would take an unusual occurrence for that pick protection to take place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody else sees it.
just an FYI....I realize I often argue and do try and get the last word. Have never said otherwise. I'm just not one to complain when others do the same, including you. Have at it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an FYI....I realize I often argue and do try and get the last word. Have never said otherwise. I'm just not one to complain when others do the same, including you. Have at it.

What's funny is how you try to take someones comment(s) outta context to fit whatever you're trying to say. You've been doing that from the moment you got to the NBA threads.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, how's Chris Paul vastly better though? And if he drove his teammates to be so much better, why has he been considered a problem in the lockerroom? Add into the fact that often times, Paul looks out of shape which likely contributes to him being injured consistently.

He's a problem in the locker room because too many of today's players are coddled, just like Butler was a problem with the Wolves. Guys like Towns and Wiggins rely on their talent and aren't giving the team full effort on the practice court, much less on both ends during games, which drives guys like Butler and CP3 crazy (likewise Jordan and Kobe in the past).

Paul looks out of shape because of his build and age. He's probably carrying too much build for his height and age, and injuries can limit your ability to keep weight off if you can't do enough cardio.

Are you really arguing that Wiggins is a better player than CP3? Wiggins' PER last season was 12.42, far below the league average of 15, and that stat doesn't even accurately measure defense, where Wiggins once again pales relative to CP3. CP3's PER was 19.71. CP3's VORP was the lowest of his career at 2.4, but Wiggins' was -0.6, the worst of his career (and he has been negative every year of his career). An average NBA player would be an improvement over Wiggins any year of his 5 in the league. For that fantastic production, you only have to pay his max contract through 22/23, 8th most expensive SF in the league per season, 5th in overall contract $. The average NBA player in 18/19 made $7.7M.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is how you try to take someones comment(s) outta context to fit whatever you're trying to say. You've been doing that from the moment you got to the NBA threads.
I have, huh? Been here 7 months now, so you must have a number of examples you could share.

And someone saying something foolish they didn't mean to say with me refuting their comment would not be "taking it out of context"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA won't do that for five reasons. New York, LA, Philadelphia, Boston and the Players Association (Union). Right now all or most of the other owners buy that in order for the NBA to make the most money it can, the big money teams must be good.

Whether that is really true or not I don't know and it don't matter because the NBA owners make the decisions.

Top 4 teams last year in revenue were the Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, and Bulls. Knicks and Bulls were bad, Lakers were disappointing, and the Warriors are now moving into the new Chase Center. Built in huge fanbases don't ensure good teams, and I'm not sure that unlimited money to spend would help the Bulls and Knicks that much right now (it didn't helo the Knicks much this summer). Only one team lost money (Cavs).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, huh? Been here 7 months now, so you must have a number of examples you could share.

And someone saying something foolish they didn't mean to say with me refuting their comment would not be "taking it out of context"

How many people have you had some sort of issue w/ in those 7 months? Let's see here. Myself, trojanfan12, tlance, msgkings just off the top of my head. But you keep pretending it's everyone else & not you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people have you had some sort of issue w/ in those 7 months? Let's see here. Myself, trojanfan12, tlance, msgkings just off the top of my head. But you keep pretending it's everyone else & not you.
Often "some sort of issue" is just 2 people who don't agree on an opinion topic. You were the one who made the claim I have been "taking comments out of context" since the moment I got here...which was 7 months ago.

Could you at least come up with a handful of examples of your own to support this? 3?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often "some sort of issue" is just 2 people who don't agree on an opinion topic. You were the one who made the claim I have been "taking comments out of context" since the moment I got here...which was 7 months ago.

Could you at least come up with a handful of examples of your own to support this? 3?

Examples? Okay you're asinine nonsense when you claimed I said Klay > AD & Embiid (1 example). Go back one page. You had an issue w/ something trojanfan12 & DJ said. Your # 11293 (2 examples) & 11296 (3 examples) comments.

From the moment you got to the NBA threads you've always had an issue w/ anyone that doesn't agree w/ you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Examples? Okay you're asinine nonsense when you claimed I said Klay > AD & Embiid (1 example). Go back one page. You had an issue w/ something trojanfan12 & DJ said. Your # 11293 (2 examples) & 11296 (3 examples) comments.

From the moment you got to the NBA threads you've always had an issue w/ anyone that doesn't agree w/ you.
You not getting your point across correctly is taking it out of context? OK, that's one if you want it.

Feel free to explain how 11293 and 11296 are taking something out of context. It's me agreeing I often argue and try and get the last word but pointing out I never complain when someone argues or tries to get the last word.

as I see it, I've been doing this "since I got here" but you have one comment to support this that happened fairly early when I joined? Maybe as much as 6 months ago. And all that comment was was you not using your words correctly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have value, or they wouldn't have been part of the trade. That value is very minimal though, much like a team like Philly trading a pick to Boston and having it top 3 protected. It would take an unusual occurrence for that pick protection to take place.

Well, the Nets thought the risk in their trade was minimal also.

All it takes is 1 player leaving, and the whole thing gets detailed. By the way, AD said he plans to test free agency next summer.

There is a decent chance the trade works for the Lakers. But don’t be so naive as to think the picks swaps have minimal value. Because you are betting your entire future on resigning AD which is not guaranteed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Nets thought the risk in their trade was minimal also.

All it takes is 1 player leaving, and the whole thing gets detailed. By the way, AD said he plans to test free agency next summer.

There is a decent chance the trade works for the Lakers. But don’t be so naive as to think the picks swaps have minimal value. Because you are betting your entire future on resigning AD which is not guaranteed.
Yep...and same can be said of swaps with LAC. who knows where they might be when swaps can be made.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other aspect is MJ, Magic and Bird had titles so really no need to "join them".

Barkley, though?

True, but you wonder how many more titles they may have if they did "join them".

Magic asked for a trade early in his career....what if he somehow ends up in Boston with Bird...or the Sixers with Dr. J?

What if Bird somehow ended up with Magic on the Lakers?

I actually find it kind of funny when Barkley complains about guys joining together when he joined a Rockets team that had Hakeem and Dexler.

To be fair, they were all older at that time (Barkley was 32 or 33), but he still joined 2 other stars.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You not getting your point across correctly is taking it out of context? OK, that's one if you want it.

Feel free to explain how 11293 and 11296 are taking something out of context. It's me agreeing I often argue and try and get the last word but pointing out I never complain when someone argues or tries to get the last word.

as I see it, I've been doing this "since I got here" but you have one comment to support this that happened fairly early when I joined? Maybe as much as 6 months ago. And all that comment was was you not using your words correctly.

# 11296 (your own words) "I realize I often argue and try to get the last word in"

But it's always everyone else right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you wonder how many more titles they may have if they did "join them".

Magic asked for a trade early in his career....what if he somehow ends up in Boston with Bird...or the Sixers with Dr. J?

What if Bird somehow ended up with Magic on the Lakers?

I actually find it kind of funny when Barkley complains about guys joining together when he joined a Rockets team that had Hakeem and Dexler.

To be fair, they were all older at that time (Barkley was 32 or 33), but he still joined 2 other stars.
Correct.....and not like 32-33 is ancient.