• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think one game makes your point? All players have bad games. Are they not honoring their contract in those games?

The entire situation makes my point. If he didn't want to be there so bad for that long, why did he sign a contract to be there for that long? Pretty simple stuff here

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This entire saga is a prolonged, smug jab at the intelligence of Pelicans fans, who are somehow supposed to believe what they’re watching is a normal, competitive athletic event.

It’s not.

“We sucked,” Davis said, after scoring three points on nine shots in one of the most lackluster efforts of his career. “Nobody was interested in playing. That’s what it looked like.”

No arguments there.

It’s gotten so bad even coach Alvin Gentry, who is the organization’s lone spokesman on the Davis situation said he won’t discuss it anymore."

Does that sound like a guy "honoring" his contract?

Seems reality says something else

Well,

Since I included stats from that game averaged in with the other 14 he played, you have absolutely no case here.

Because as I proved, his per 36 stats over that span would have been a career best season in just about every category but scoring.

And Davis has averaged about 36 minutes a game since his rookie season so that isn’t an outlandish comparison.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire situation makes my point. If he didn't want to be there so bad for that long, why did he sign a contract to be there for that long? Pretty simple stuff here

Because he was a restricted free agent.

Pretty simple to understand really.

For most of us anyway.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always right, sorta like when you thought the Lakers weren't in position to win a championship, and then read the vegas odds like a DA...

And then tried to blame it on the weed, it's not the weed you are just dumb lol

Now how could I blame it on weed when I haven't smoked marijuana in over a year? You're in over your head here junior. Do you even know the different between weed, hash, shatter, waxes, oils, edibles, topicals & tinctures? When I make a joke about being stoned don't jump to your own incorrect conclusions.

And I believe part of my comment also said something about not following betting lines or paying attention to who's favored. You mindless clown.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Entire situation makes your point." Then why when he did play did he play as well or better than he ever had overall?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stat for you:

In those 15 games while the Pelicans were clearly tanking, here are the plus minus splits with AD on the court:

With AD: -3
Without AD: -85

So while AD was on the court, the Pelicans played almost dead even with their opponents. When he was off the court in the games he was active they were -85.

That is pretty damning evidence for those who want to claim he “was not trying” or he was “going through the motions”.

The Pelicans kept him off the court so much because they could lose more games that way. If he was so disinterested that he was hurting the team, the would have let him play more. Because they were tanking.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Since I included stats from that game averaged in with the other 14 he played, you have absolutely no case here.

Because as I proved, his per 36 stats over that span would have been a career best season in just about every category but scoring.

And Davis has averaged about 36 minutes a game since his rookie season so that isn’t an outlandish comparison.

Drawing a conclusion on a small sample size is pretty dumb. I would like to see the stats tho. The team went 5-10 over that stretch.

First he played in 15 games, not 14 games. Secondly he sat out almost every other game. Was that also honoring his his contract? Maybe it says AD can sit out every other game, it is possible that was in there

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing a conclusion on a small sample size is pretty dumb. I would like to see the stats tho. The team went 5-10 over that stretch.

First he played in 15 games, not 14 games. Secondly he sat out almost every other game. Was that also honoring his his contract? Maybe it says AD can sit out every other game, it is possible that was in there

I posted the stats.

And he sat because the Pelicans wanted him to sit.

Do you not get that they were tanking?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had more than 1 team on his list and, he has already said that he will not sign the extension this summer (not unexpected) and that he will wait to explore his options next season.

In fact, of the 3 teams in the NBA with the best collection of young tradeable talent, 2 were on davis’ preferred list.

And how did Davis quit on his team?

After his team chose to limit his minutes, his production was absolutely spectacular.

Here were his numbers over that span of 15 games:

22 minutes, 16.0 points, 8.5 rebs, 3.33 assists, 2.0 blocks, 1.2 steals on 55.5% from the field

Per 36 minutes that comes out to:

26.18 points, 13.91 rebs, 5.45 assists, 3.27 blocks, 1.96 steals

Davis averages about 36 minutes a game since his rookie year. Here are his single season best stats in each of those categories:

28.1 points, 12.0 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 1.6 steals, 2.9 blocks and 53.5% from the field

By the way many of those season bests game this year despite being limited to 22 minutes a game for 15 of the 56 contests he appeared in.

In other words, his production over that span was actually better than at ANY OTHER season in his career.

Davis did not quit on his team. He got benched after requesting a trade.

@lebron23james

This is my post from yesterday with the stats from the entire 15 game stretch including the 1 stinker you found.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the stats.

And he sat because the Pelicans wanted him to sit.

Do you not get that they were tanking?

Where? Per 36? Why not just post his actual stats. Why would they want him to sit? They were losing more games with him then without. When he came back they went

4-7 without him

5-10 with him

Including a blowout win against the lakers, they then went on to lose with him...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Per 36? Why not just post his actual stats. Why would they want him to sit? They were losing more games with him then without. When he came back they went

4-7 without him

5-10 with him

Including a blowout win against the lakers, they then went on to lose with him...

I did both.

And again, the Pelicans were tanking and benching him in the 4th quarter when he did play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4-7 without him

5-10 with him

Another stat I posted.

Over those 15 games they were -3 with Davis on the court and -85 with him on the bench.

There is no case to be made for the Pelicans being better without Davis. It wasn’t close and the stats show it.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stat I posted.

Over those 15 games they were -3 with Davis on the court and -85 with him on the bench.

There is no case to be made for the Pelicans being better without Davis. It wasn’t close and the stats show it.

4-7 without him is better than 5-10 with him

That seems like a pretty strong case to me

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stat for you:

In those 15 games while the Pelicans were clearly tanking, here are the plus minus splits with AD on the court:

With AD: -3
Without AD: -85

So while AD was on the court, the Pelicans played almost dead even with their opponents. When he was off the court in the games he was active they were -85.

That is pretty damning evidence for those who want to claim he “was not trying” or he was “going through the motions”.

The Pelicans kept him off the court so much because they could lose more games that way. If he was so disinterested that he was hurting the team, the would have let him play more. Because they were tanking.

Nobody claimed that while on the court, he didnt try.
Problem was the team needed to now protect their trade asset and didn’t want to risk injury by playing him.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for the worse record with him, was because of the distraction he caused. It had an impact on the entire team. I suggest you read what Kerr said about this, because he is completely right.

@tlance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 3% win percentage difference is not nearly as strong as an 82 point differential difference.

Sorry, but you are just wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody claimed that while on the court, he didnt try.
Problem was the team needed to now protect their trade asset and didn’t want to risk injury by playing him.

Well,

Claiming he didn’t honor his contract implies that to me.

I don’t like how Davis did it either. I have said that multiple times.

But @lebron23james is grasping at straws and his numbers don’t add up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in 4 of those 7 losses the Pelicans were winning with Davis on the court. Then lost while he sat on the bench in the 4th.