• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or are you talking about yourself @dtgold88?
Not me......I've never called someone out for arguing or trying to get the last word while arguing with them and trying to get the last word.

If I do, feel free to call me out on it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the years I'm at 20,000+ posts, so I'm assuming it's not, but thanks for your concern.

Gotta love this forum.
To be fair it's not a concern for me either. Some might take you as comic relief like I do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with half a brain can understand it and take it for what it was.
Seems like 1 poster here is struggling with that though.
Had you said His reps let the Cs know that would be hard to question.

But the idea you don't think that's the same as "AD contacted them directly"?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course, if I know WiggityWack he'll almost certainly demand you take it down. you've been marked by him as a traitor, after all...

Yeah I know. I now question if I'm really an Ohio State fan. But that's the kind of irrational thinking on wiggy's part after swinging on You Know Who's balls like they were a jungle gym for so many years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope that does not result in a lengthy lockout.

The league is as healthy as it has ever been from a general fan standpoint. There are a lot of great players and more parity/uncertainty than we have had in long time.

Sure, it is an uphill battle for the small markets, the cold weather cities and the poorly run franchises, but I don’t think there is a realistic pathway to change that which the players’ association would be okay with.

What people don’t always realize is that a lot of the player empowerment issues have been made possible by past CBA tweaks trying to prevent super teams and create more level playing fields for all teams.

If there was no luxury tax and no max contract, but still a soft cap like in the 90s, teams would be a lot more likely to keep their superstar players if they wanted to.
Exactly!! Despite what so many say - Bird, Magic and MJ would never have joined with others - we don't this. MJ hated Kraus. I'm inclined to believe if another team could have offered him close to what the Bulls could he'd have given it serious consideration.

Mentioned a while back if they want teams to be able to keep their guys eliminate the max deals. Guessing owners wont want this, though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! Despite what so many say - Bird, Magic and MJ would never have joined with others - we don't this. MJ hated Kraus. I'm inclined to believe if another team could have offered him close to what the Bulls could he'd have given it serious consideration.

Mentioned a while back if they want teams to be able to keep their guys eliminate the max deals. Guessing owners wont want this, though.

Those legends you mentioned didn't want to team up. They wanted to beat each other. But obviously it was a much different game back then.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I got for the Cavs

Daniel 'boobie' Gibson
Trajan Langdon
Danny Ferry
Chris Dudley
DeSagana Diop
Not sure Gibson belongs here if for no other reason he was huge in helping down
Yeah I know you'd be worried if the Browns & Chiefs played. You're lucky though, they don't play this year. Yer team just avoided a loss.:D
Kind of hoping they play each other.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those legends you mentioned didn't want to team up. They wanted to beat each other. But obviously it was a much different game back then.
Not as sure as you about this, though I will say it's very possible as they did not need to team up.

However, I'd bet Barkley would have played with MJ given the chance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Gibson belongs here if for no other reason he was huge in helping down

Kind of hoping they play each other.

I couldn't think of another bad Cavs PG. Did you see the team I put together for the Celtics? Holy crap are they pathetic.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup...

back in the day it was about competition. friendships came later(Magic and Bird, for example)...

now it's 'we all homies. let's team up and smash everyone for some titles"...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't think of another bad Cavs PG. Did you see the team I put together for the Celtics? Holy crap are they pathetic.

and you left off Harangody fer cryin' out loud...:lol:

seriously, I remember a Celtics fan once BOASTING that he was on their roster back in the CBS days...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he would be a PG, but Dejuan Wagner deserves a spot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...

back in the day it was about competition. friendships came later(Magic and Bird, for example)...

now it's 'we all homies. let's team up and smash everyone for some titles"...
Back in the day they really couldn't team up. CBA a little different.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as sure as you about this, though I will say it's very possible as they did not need to team up.

However, I'd bet Barkley would have played with MJ given the chance.

I'm sure about it. Here's an article from nbcsports.com (7-9-16) by nba sports boston report

Larry Bird on Kevin Durant: 'couldn't imagine going to the Lakers and playing w/ Magic'

Agree about Barkley. They were good friends up until however many years ago when Chuck was right in saying MJ had too many yes men in the organztion that wouldn't dare disagree w/ him about players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you left off Harangody fer cryin' out loud...:lol:

seriously, I remember a Celtics fan once BOASTING that he was on their roster back in the CBS days...

I don't even remember that name.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he would be a PG, but Dejuan Wagner deserves a spot.

b-bal.ref.com has him listed as a PG 5 of his 7 years w/ the Cavs. But I'm sure you saw him play a lot more than I did. I left the state his rookie year.

Last edited: