• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Claiming he didn’t honor his contract implies that to me.

I don’t like how Davis did it either. I have said that multiple times.

But @lebron23james is grasping at straws and his numbers don’t add up.

Back to this?
Let’s just say he didn’t honor it as he probably presented to ownership when he signed, then tweeted he wasnt going anywhere for 6 years.

On the other hand, Raptors did the opposite more then likely with DeRozan.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. Had to look this sick shit up. But he used a machete & saw to kill his friend.

Damn.
Did LeBron know him?
Perhaps thats where he learned to take the easy way out?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Claiming he didn’t honor his contract implies that to me.

I don’t like how Davis did it either. I have said that multiple times.

But @lebron23james is grasping at straws and his numbers don’t add up.

Does this sound like a guy "honoring" his contract?

But according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, the NBA league office is currently looking into potential tampering charges involving LeBron James, the Lakers and Anthony Davis. — the latter of whom the NBA just announced had been fined $50,000 for his agent publicly demanding a trade.

Do guys honoring their contracts typically get fined by the league? NO wasn't tanking they had to sit him to protect themselves from AD costing them any more than he already did in order to get assets back in return. Not to mention he just skipped a game randomly during that streak and then showed up in a "thats all shirt" with still a year left on his contract, like he was going to play and fulfill that last year of his contract...Puhleeease!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this sound like a guy "honoring" his contract?

But according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, the NBA league office is currently looking into potential tampering charges involving LeBron James, the Lakers and Anthony Davis. — the latter of whom the NBA just announced had been fined $50,000 for his agent publicly demanding a trade.

Do guys honoring their contracts typically get fined by the league?

Two different things.
LeBrons tampering, if proven, although obvious is a fineable offense.

AD asking for a trade, because of it, isn’t.

And 50k? Thats dinner money.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different things.
LeBrons tampering, if proven, although obvious is a fineable offense.

AD asking for a trade, because of it, isn’t.

And 50k? Thats dinner money.

I agree. But guys typically fulfilling their contracts don't get fined 50k? He was doing everything he could to not fulfill his contract, besides sucking on the court, but i am sure that would have happened next year had he not been traded.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But guys typically fulfilling their contracts don't get fined 50k? He was doing everything he could to not fulfill his contract, besides sucking on the court, but i am sure that would have happened next year had he not been traded.

I agree he put them in a position where he forced them to trade him LA.
Call it what you want.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are sure he would have sucked on the court?

Please.

And players get fined all the time in the NBA for a lot of reasons.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me......I've never called someone out for arguing or trying to get the last word while arguing with them and trying to get the last word.

If I do, feel free to call me out on it.

That's because you're always too busy arguing and trying to get the last word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those legends you mentioned didn't want to team up. They wanted to beat each other. But obviously it was a much different game back then.

Things were different back then, no doubt. I love and really want to believe in the whole "I didn't want to join them, I wanted to beat them" thing. But the thing is that back then, it wasn't really an option. So we don't know what they'd have done if they had the choices that today's players do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other differences too.

For one thing, many of the top players today have known each other since they were kids because of AAU, elite camps and social media. Even International opportunities like USA basketball were only for college kids before ‘92.

Players in the 70s, 80s and 90s were a lot less likely to have a personal relationship with their opponent and would therefor be less likely to want to team up.

I know Barkley and MJ were tight as were Magic and Isaiah, but a lot of those relationships just weren’t there like they are today.

I think that Barkley and MJ didn't become tight until they were already in the NBA. Same with Magic and Bird. They hated each other until they spent time together shooting a Converse commercial (that Bird wouldn't be in unless they shot it at his house in French Lick).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing a conclusion on a small sample size is pretty dumb. I would like to see the stats tho. The team went 5-10 over that stretch.

First he played in 15 games, not 14 games. Secondly he sat out almost every other game. Was that also honoring his his contract? Maybe it says AD can sit out every other game, it is possible that was in there

You drew your conclusion on a sample size of 1 game. Soooo...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Johnson/Bird rivalry was good back in the day. Them as teamates would have ruined 1 of the best player rivalries ever.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade down was a lot more than 2 picks.

They got another future first and dumped a bad contract.

And those swaps do have value whether you care to admit it or not.

It is far from a given that the Lakers will be a contender when those swaps hit.

That bad contract was coming to the Lakers in some of the projected deals before the deadline.

It's much more likely that the Lakers will be a contender at that time than it the Pels.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bad contract was coming to the Lakers in some of the projected deals before the deadline.

It's much more likely that the Lakers will be a contender at that time than it the Pels.

Totally irrelevant to the value the Pelicans got in the trade down.

They turned 4 and a late 2nd rounder into:

8, 17 a future 1st and a bad Contract dump.

That is value.

Of course it is more likely the Lakers will be a contender because they are the Lakers.

But if this season goes poorly (which is possible) AD could leave next year and LeBron could be a year behind. Then, the Lakers are back where they started when Kobe retired. This time without lotto picks.

I am not saying I think that will happen, but it is certainly a possibility.

Which is why the pick swaps are valuable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing a conclusion on a small sample size is pretty dumb. I would like to see the stats tho. The team went 5-10 over that stretch.

First he played in 15 games, not 14 games. Secondly he sat out almost every other game. Was that also honoring his his contract? Maybe it says AD can sit out every other game, it is possible that was in there
Rest of season stats (after trade request) is dumb but you used 1 game to make a point?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Per 36? Why not just post his actual stats. Why would they want him to sit? They were losing more games with him then without. When he came back they went

4-7 without him

5-10 with him

Including a blowout win against the lakers, they then went on to lose with him...
He did post actual stats. don't be "that guy".