• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still the only one to take my bet.

So, I will let you set the terms.

VCash?

Best record, who goes the furthest, hallway series?

You pick.

Just...no conditions on health, load management, trades.

We both have a lot riding on guys with recent, or thorough, injury histories.

No excuses.

excuses? lol you think I'm WiggityWack...?

I have more honor than a Klingon Warrior...

unfortunately since I'm on the short end of the VCash-ometer I'll go with the Avi bet, for who goes the furthest...

injuries are part of the game, so you won't see me pulling THAT card...

so, all that being said, let the best team(Lakers) win... :D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are presenting me 2 options---- suck ass and have a better chance at drafting a franchise player, OR- do what the Heat have done the last 3 years---- win a few extra games, get a low seed and win no playoff series- the answer for me is easy.

I mean sure- if you have a legit chance to make some real noise go for it---- but if the choices are be one of the worst 3 teams in basketball, or be somewhere between the 7th and 10th seed in the East with practically no hope of winning a playoff series----- the answer is easy.

You keep repeating that, but never addressed the question when I asked you.
If the Cavs improve 8 games per season, next 3 seasons, which they prob wont, then where are they?
24+19=43, which puts you where?

So, what is your plan for path to where?

Give me a full season of meaningful games and a playoff run every day of the week vs whatever you think might happen.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as the rest of my Lakers brethren, can't speak for them, Mecca...

I'll let them speak for themselves...

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't even look old enough to order a beer. Dammit I'm getting old(er).

Oh crap. How old is she? I'm not into that sort of trash.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep repeating that, but never addressed the question when I asked you.
If the Cavs improve 8 games per season, next 3 seasons, which they prob wont, then where are they?
24+19=43, which puts you where?

So, what is your plan for path to where?

Give me a full season of meaningful games and a playoff run every day of the week vs whatever you think might happen.
Pretty confident the Heat will win another ring before the Cavs do

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is real (I don't completely trust Windhorst), then both the Lakers and Raptors need to stfu.

If Kawhi "played them", I doubt it was intentional.

From what has been reported out here, it sounds like he Clippers were his first choice, but he wasn't going there alone.

It's been reported that he didn't want to do the "super team" thing, but the Lakers were in the running if the Clips couldn't get another star because, end of the day, he still wanted to be in L.A. Heck, from what has been reported, he was the one who asked the teams involved to delay the AD trade going through while he tried to decide.

Maybe the Raptors have a semi-legit complaint, but from what's been reported, he may have stayed (at least on 1+1) if they could have traded for another star.

End of the day, there were 3 teams trying to get him and he could only sign with one, so 2 were going to be disappointed.

All 3 made their pitches, he gave them time to do what they needed and the Clips were able to come closest to what he was looking for.

And he strikes me (as I told Mecca) as the type of player that he wanted to give the Clippers something they have never really had....a serious shot at winning it all.....leaving his legacy as giving the Raps and Clippers their first ever titles.

Plus, the one he got in SA so he'd have 3 rings with 3 different teams.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. I think that a team is more likely to get a better player in the top 5-7, but I also think that with the "1 and dones" it isn't as much of a "sure thing" as it used to be. A lot of the players in the top 5-7 range are being drafted before they even really know how to play college ball, let alone NBA ball.

Just looking at the Lakers with Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma.

Lonzo and Ingram were both 1 and done, top 5 picks while Kuzma stayed in college for 4 years and was even considered a little bit of a reach where the Lakers took him. Since they hit the NBA, Kuzma has been the better, more complete player.

But Ball and Ingram are considered to have more upside and be more likely to have better careers, but they weren't as developed mentally and physically as Kuzma.

So while they may eventually be better players, they aren't right now.
BOOM.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it picks 1-7 now? You were always focused on top 5 previously.

I also think narrowing it down to AS selections to prove your point is lame. The West is obviously harder to make AS teams than the east. Guys like CJ, Gobert, Booker, Mitchell, and Murray would all have AS appearances if they played in the East.

2009 Draft All Stars- Blake (1), Harden (3), Steph (7), DeRozan (9)

2010 Draft All Stars- Wall (1), Cousins (5), Hayward (9), PG (10)

2011 Draft All Stars- Kyrie (1), Kemba (9), Klay (11), Kawhi (15) Vucevic (16), Jimmy Butler (30)

2012 Draft All Stars- AD (1), Beal (3), Dame (6), Drummond (9), Draymond (35), Middleton (39)

2013 Draft All Stars- Oladipo (2). Should be noted that CJ (10) and Gobert (27) were selected in this draft. Both are top 25 players. Gobert made All NBA Team 2X and won DPOY 2X

2014 Draft All Stars- Embiid (3) & Jokic (41)

2015 Draft All Stars- KAT (1), DLO (2), Porzingis (4). This is probably the only draft in my list where being top 5 was needed to get a star.

2016 Draft All Stars- Ben Simmons (1)

No All Stars yet from 2017 and 2018 drafts.

So over the last 10 years, there's been 13 All Stars selected from top 5 of the draft and and 14 All Stars drafted outside of the top 5.

He loves to move the "goal-posts."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojanfan, you like your 'new' LeBron team?

Yeah, it's not like I have choice. Lol

Seriously though, I was good with watching the kids learn and develop, but when a team has a chance at a player like Lebron, they kind of have to take him.

It's definitely nice being considered a contender again.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless you are the Lakers and have Jimmy Buss or Magic Johnson drafting for you...lol

I mean look at the Sixers- they had plenty of lotto picks, plenty failed, but a couple hit big- and thats why they are where they are at

The whole reason the Heat have any titles to their name is becuase of a top 5 lotto pick.

Or the Lakers can sign James and trade for AD. And sign guys like Bradley, Green, and Cousins.

BOOM.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3