• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree here.
You’re telling me player 5 drafted has a much higher chance of success then
6-10?
18-19 year olds can be totally different a few years down the road if you consider all the intangibles.
picks 1-5 in years 2003 that went on to become high level all stars: LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Howard, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, Durant, Horford, Rose, RW, Love, Griffin, Harden, Wall, do you count Cousins?, Irving, Anthony Davis, Beal, Oladipo, Embiid, Towns, Porzingis

picks 6-10 in years 2003-2015 that went on to become high level all stars: Iguadala, do you count Andrew Bynum?, do you count Brandon Roy?, Steph Curry, do you count Gordon Hayward?, DeRozan, Paul George, Kemba, Lillard,

you tell me-- which list looks better? LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picks 1-5 in years 2003 that went on to become high level all stars: LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Howard, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, Durant, Horford, Rose, RW, Love, Griffin, Harden, Wall, do you count Cousins?, Irving, Anthony Davis, Beal, Oladipo, Embiid, Towns, Porzingis

picks 6-10 in years 2003-2015 that went on to become high level all stars: Iguadala, do you count Andrew Bynum?, do you count Brandon Roy?, Steph Curry, do you count Gordon Hayward?, DeRozan, Paul George, Kemba, Lillard,

you tell me-- which list looks better? LOL

The issue is, you are combining two different discussions.

OF COURSE, if you have the higher picks, common sense dictates you have a higher % chance to get a more talented player or the occasional ‘can’t miss’.

What Im saying is, if it happens, it happens, but no team or fanbase should enter a 7 month long season hoping to end up in that position.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is, you are combining two different discussions.

OF COURSE, if you have the higher picks, common sense dictates you have a higher % chance to get a more talented player or the occasional ‘can’t miss’.

What Im saying is, if it happens, it happens, but no team or fanbase should enter a 7 month long season hoping to end up in that position.
if you are presenting me 2 options---- suck ass and have a better chance at drafting a franchise player, OR- do what the Heat have done the last 3 years---- win a few extra games, get a low seed and win no playoff series- the answer for me is easy.

I mean sure- if you have a legit chance to make some real noise go for it---- but if the choices are be one of the worst 3 teams in basketball, or be somewhere between the 7th and 10th seed in the East with practically no hope of winning a playoff series----- the answer is easy.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you aren't aware but Bennett isn't good. By your "logic" Houston should try and later deal Bennett instead of their future picks because, ya know, Bennett is a #1 and those future picks wont be so high.

Ya gotta love this forum.

and, yes, we were talking about Galinari.....and the idea you think they could have received a better player than him as far as talent and contract.

You miss the point. Love was NOT traded for low draft picks. Wiggins was a #1 overall pick that hadn't played in the NBA yet but you choose to ignore that. You choose to focus on Bennett because it fits your narrative. Even Bennett was a former #1 overall pick in his infancy so there was still hope for potential there.

Bennett is on Houston?

I already gave you better players than Gallinari to trade.

The whole clippers trade is inconsequential anyway because they should have waited for better offers. OKC has a bad front office, that's why they didn't wait and that's why they trade CP3.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL...You don't think there is a difference between a 22 year old and 30 year old with regards to the potential of their games maturing? Come on, dude.

Who's that babe in your avatar? Very cute.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are ignoring OKC can (and likely will) also be free to use those picks in trade.

Yes, IMO that's the biggest value of the picks, to try and leverage them in a deal with another stupid franchise.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just giggled her. Very, very hot.