• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that they were bad signings that handicapped the team the last handful of years. Of course they look "better" now. All bad contracts look more attractive or not as bad as their end approaches because its the end. Bad contracts become assets of their own as time goes by. The Heat overpaid a bunch of mediocre dudes and locked themselves into being a mediocre team with very limited options to find a way out. Miami found a way out of the hole, but it still doesn't change the fact that they put themselves in the hole to begin with some of the signings Riley made a few years ago.

Basically this. Pointing out that Riley made some bad moves before doesn't negate the good ones he's making now. So he's human, still a great career record that he may be helping again now. No lost fastball.

In refection, if you have to choose either just good or bad, yes, you would choose bad.

But, at the time, they were justified.
We’ve already discussed that summer lead to some crazy spending/contracts.

They waited on Hayward, luckily we didnt get him.
After that, options weren’t very great.
So he went with the group that had just went 30-11.

It was going to be a mediocre few years no matter what, which really is the bottom line.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never sucked for the Heat actually. Injuries been his issue. Always been solid for us. Just need to stay healthy.

Last year as a starter, he avg 15 PPG on 43% shooting, & 40 % from 3.

WE WILL GLADLY take that this season.

In his first season in Miami, he avg 16 on 42% shooting, & 39% from 3.

The one bad year he had which I throw out the window because we all knew he needed ankle surgery since the summer was. In 2017-2018, playing a bum ankle which he eventually had surgery on in late Dec/early Jan led to a decrease in shooting & 3 pt % but otherwise he has been solid for Miami.

All about coaching and organization. He was solid in his role as a bench guy in OKC and been solid in Miami.

Say more about the Cavs than anything else if you ask me. Dude been solid in the 2 teams he was with since leaving Cleveland but was some problem child/bad guy in Cleveland?

He has barely played a half of season in all his seasons in Miami....you can contribute if you arent playing. Linited time he has been good but that isnt saying much in limited time

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has barely played a half of season in all his seasons in Miami....you can contribute if you arent playing. Linited time he has been good but that isnt saying much in limited time

That's all we can go by.

He has not put up sucky #'s in Miami.

Saying he sucks when his numbers since leaving Cleveland say otherwise is just not true.

As I said last night, Waiters success in OKC and Miami tells me all I need to know about what was going on in Cleveland

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that based off the fake Twitter posts a few days ago or did something new come out?????

Grr. Looks like I was duped. Late night posting should and I was too lazy to verify.

Oh well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all we can go by.

Saying he sucks when his numbers since leaving Cleveland say otherwise is just not true.

As I said last night, Waiters success in OKC and Miami tells me all I need to know about what was going on in Cleveland
#Facts

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll talked with the Bucks before signing with the Spurs....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Hollins just said that if Ben Simmons never develops a jump shot, he's still worth the money he's getting. Jesus....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Hollins just said that if Ben Simmons never develops a jump shot, he's still worth the money he's getting. Jesus....

I could see hiring a guy bc he adds a flare like Stephen A but dude is just plain dumb. It isnt even a little entertaining, he just sounds ignorant

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was watching this guy and some dude named Will argue last week.

Hollins got absolutely body bagged.

Complete fucking idiot on all topics. It was bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of depends, imo. If he were to put Magic Johnson type numbers, but never develops a jumper...what is he worth?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never sucked for the Heat actually. Injuries been his issue. Always been solid for us. Just need to stay healthy.

Last year as a starter, he avg 15 PPG on 43% shooting, & 40 % from 3.

WE WILL GLADLY take that this season.

In his first season in Miami, he avg 16 on 42% shooting, & 39% from 3.

The one bad year he had which I throw out the window because we all knew he needed ankle surgery since the summer was. In 2017-2018, playing a bum ankle which he eventually had surgery on in late Dec/early Jan led to a decrease in shooting & 3 pt % but otherwise he has been solid for Miami.

All about coaching and organization. He was solid in his role as a bench guy in OKC and been solid in Miami.

Say more about the Cavs than anything else if you ask me. Dude been solid in the 2 teams he was with since leaving Cleveland but had same issues playing with Kyrie that most have?
FIFY

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all we can go by.

You mean where he had arguably his best season as a pro at age 22?

How was he more successful in OKC than Cleveland?

Dion Waiters Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

All that said, I don't think he sucks either.