• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get that we're talking about an end of the bench guy who'd likely be on a vet min contract and not a 6th man, right?

Lebron is the new pg. Why have 4 other pgs on the roster?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

It's cooked to order beef patties (not the greatest quality) On top is salami and comes with italian dressing. Delicious.
Wow....gotta visit Ohio....can't believe I just said that....LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? lol Korver can barely even move anymore...

nah, i'd take Livingston over Korver every time...

To be fair to @bksballer89 point, Korver can still shoot it. Guys who can shoot can always shoot. Heck, Reggie Miller could probably come out of retirement and hit a couple of 3's here and there.

For an end of the bench guy, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to @bksballer89 point, Korver can still shoot it. Guys who can shoot can always shoot. Heck, Reggie Miller could probably come out of retirement and hit a couple of 3's here and there.

I was being kinda fair lol...

it comes down to what we need more and I was thinking defense...

imo we have enough shooters. no need to go crazy with it...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know enough about him that he can't defend...

but thanks for passing along the advice...
But that's not what you said. You seemed to think all he does is stand in the corner and the guy moves around on O far more than most.

Am gonna try not to go back and forth to convince guys to admit their logic was wrong or off base knowing that kind of mea culpa is not in their DNA.

His D? Certainly not the best, but unlike many he will at least try and is a smart defender who knows what to do.....and Liv can't defend either, nor can he shoot nearly as well as Korver.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAkers needs a point guard that can actually bring the ball up and start some offense, get out on the break a little bit.......someone that can push the tempo a little bit.

maybe Caruso can be that guy i dont know.

I think Rondo is replacement level at this point though. Id have purged the roster of Rondo and McGee and moved on to anyone else who had a pulse.

Wasn't a fan of the Rondo signing but they got him for the minimum. I would play Cook and possibly Caruso over him, don't know a ton about Caruso though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....gotta visit Ohio....can't believe I just said that....LOL.
Make sure you get a Chick-Fil-A, too, if they don't have them where you are......and bring some El Pollo Loco with you.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not what you said. You seemed to think all he does is stand in the corner and the guy moves around on O far more than most.

Am gonna try not to go back and forth to convince guys to admit their logic was wrong or off base knowing that kind of mea culpa is not in their DNA.

His D? Certainly not the best, but unlike many he will at least try and is a smart defender who knows what to do.....and Liv can't defend either, nor can he shoot nearly as well as Korver.

never said he could shoot as well as Korver. haveseen plenty of Livingston and he DOES give defensive effort. plus he's younger...

i'll go with that...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say you've never watched Korver instead of proving you are clueless. "stand in the corner"?

He might not be a good defender but the effort is there 110% he makes his guy work. He got plenty of steals in the playoffs, he always hustles. On offense, he doesn't move as much as he used to but he is a shooter so he will either be standing in the corner or running around screens. Used to a lot more back in the day though.

Livingston or Korver aren't great options at this point, but there isn't much to choose from. I would rather have a shooter all day especially since Livingston didn't look good in the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being kinda fair lol...

it comes down to what we need more and I was thinking defense...

imo we have enough shooters. no need to go crazy with it...

Yeah, I'm just not sure it really matters when we're talking about end of the bench guys.

Assuming 8-10 minutes or so per game, Livingston can do more as far as running an offense, playing a little defense, etc.

But, if Korver gets hot from 3, he could have more effect on an individual game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

still think KK can be more than an end-of-the-bench guy. And we know he plays well with Lebron.....but I think he goes to Philly.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm just not sure it really matters when we're talking about end of the bench guys.

Assuming 8-10 minutes or so per game, Livingston can do more as far as running an offense, playing a little defense, etc.

But, if Korver gets hot from 3, he could have more effect on an individual game.

yeah, I guess you guys have got me because it's really a matter of miniscule minutes either way we'd go between the 2...

so i'll say it's not worth splitting hairs over...