• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get everyone getting on Wiggy but Livingston is washed so he isn't syaing anything crazy. I'm sure Warriors fans would agree as well.

Maybe if you actually had a open roster spot then you sign him as a veteran presence in the locker room but I am not releasing a player to make room for him.
We have 14 players signed.....no need to release anybody.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can scrape the char off burnt toast with a knife.....

Best case scenario...he still has a little left in the tank and can give the Lakers a few quality minutes here and there, especially in the playoffs.

Worst case...as Wiggys says, he's burnt toast, is nailed to the end of the bench and his only role is as a good locker room guy.

Either way, you have to pay a guy to sit at the end of the bench, may as well be a guy with Livingston's experience.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that you have the bigger pool to choose from. Of course.

Now, answer this.
How often do multiple players picked after 10, end up being better than players selected top 10?
I'm betting it happens every year. why I said I'd be willing to bet someone outside top 10 will end being better than at least one of the can't miss top 3 guys. We just don't know who.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a rumor and can't see it happening but found this one interesting. Only way I do it is if they see it making them at least a contender in the East. If not, what's the point as they'd have no way to improve for a long time?

This Is How The Cleveland Cavaliers Can Acquire Russell Westbrook -- And Become A Contender Again

Getting back RW and Adams plus keeping Garland is tempting considering the Cavs probably won't be able to lure FA's to CLE but that contract is so bad lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenario...he still has a little left in the tank and can give the Lakers a few quality minutes here and there, especially in the playoffs.

Worst case...as Wiggys says, he's burnt toast, is nailed to the end of the bench and his only role is as a good locker room guy.

Either way, you have to pay a guy to sit at the end of the bench, may as well be a guy with Livingston's experience.

yeah, quite honestly i'm not seeing the problem here...

it isn't like he's gonna get a lotta burn during the season, and like you said the vet experience will certainly pay off...

bet if he wore Cavs colors WiggityWack wouldn't be so down on him...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get everyone getting on Wiggy but Livingston is washed so he isn't syaing anything crazy. I'm sure Warriors fans would agree as well.

Maybe if you actually had a open roster spot then you sign him as a veteran presence in the locker room but I am not releasing a player to make room for him.

I believe the Lakers have a spot available.

Last year, he averaged about 15 minutes, 4 points and a couple of assists and a couple of rebounds per game, without turning the ball over.

I'll take that from an end of the bench guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Warrensville area 5th-10th grade, then moved to Mayfield when my father re married.
I was paper boy to many of the Cavs like Bingo Smith, Foots Walker, Nate Thurmond, Jim Brewer, etc.. and lived a few doors away from Austin Carr.
Sister was friends with Bingo's daughter....after he retired Thurmond owned a nail salon my mother would go to.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a rumor and can't see it happening but found this one interesting. Only way I do it is if they see it making them at least a contender in the East. If not, what's the point as they'd have no way to improve for a long time?

This Is How The Cleveland Cavaliers Can Acquire Russell Westbrook -- And Become A Contender Again
yah....i would not be down with that.

that basically locks them into a 5th or 6th seed for a couple years until westbrook and love decline and then they are in some big time trouble for a long while after that.

Cavs need to be patient for 1 more year----- get one more solid lotto pick next year, and then start the path back up/developing guys etc.

One more year of quasi-tanking

Then give the young guys another year at developing....figure out what you have

by then Sexton will be entering year 4, Garland and the other guys entering year 3....then you make your move, make soem trades, dip into free agency and set yourself up for some sustained success.

by then Durant should be headed downhill as well...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point? I followed Heat writers. I don't follow Orlando writers.

If you want summer league reports on Orlando players then search those writers twitters. Heat fans are worried about Miami Heat players.....
Point was a guy no one knows about played as well as Herro.....as happens all the time in Summer League. While I think we both have said rather have our guys play well than not, it means very little.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Lakers have a spot available.

Last year, he averaged about 15 minutes, 4 points and a couple of assists and a couple of rebounds per game, without turning the ball over.

I'll take that from an end of the bench guy.
Some people on here want every player on their squad to average double figures.....he made over 50% of his attempts....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah...like James Jones was for the Cavs----sure- he was a good veteran presence but he was no longer equipped to give anythign else.

if thats what they want out of the roster spot- an extra coach- then go for it. Hes not giving you much, if anything, on the court anymore.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at that trade.
why I said can't see happening.....but if OKC goal was clear cap space quickly, they might get no better opportunity. And could also move Clarkson and/or TT at the deadline.

Problem is they have the same issue as most small market teams...even if they clear the space, not like an elite FA will come.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Tucker or Yordan Alvarez of the Astros are optiosn as well - both would be great fits. Keeston Huira of the Brewers would be a really nice get as well.

Kiriloff or Royce Lewis of the Twins would also be very good gets.
Not sure the Twins would pay him nor would they move him in the division....no doubt Houston would be interested.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought. He won't cost much and if he can give a few quality minutes to get guys a little extra rest, that's a good thing.

With his experience, giving him 8-10 minutes a game during the season and then maybe bumping it up a little in playoffs could help.

At worst, it certainly won't hurt.

Won't cost much? My dude, he's probably going to sign for the vet. minimum. :D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Roman burger? I need answers....
th

It's cooked to order beef patties (not the greatest quality) On top is salami and comes with italian dressing. Delicious.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...like James Jones was for the Cavs----sure- he was a good veteran presence but he was no longer equipped to give anythign else.

if thats what they want out of the roster spot- an extra coach- then go for it. Hes not giving you much, if anything, on the court anymore.

No one is saying that he's likely to be a difference maker. He's an end of the bench guy.

As I said, worst case, he's a good locker room presence that sits at the end of the bench and doesn't complain about his role.