• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....i would not be down with that.

that basically locks them into a 5th or 6th seed for a couple years until westbrook and love decline and then they are in some big time trouble for a long while after that.

Cavs need to be patient for 1 more year----- get one more solid lotto pick next year, and then start the path back up/developing guys etc.

One more year of quasi-tanking

Then give the young guys another year at developing....figure out what you have

by then Sexton will be entering year 4, Garland and the other guys entering year 3....then you make your move, make soem trades, dip into free agency and set yourself up for some sustained success.

by then Durant should be headed downhill as well...
Have a feeling that's what they'll do....but IF the FO thought it made them a contender in East I'd say have at it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Lakers have a spot available.

Last year, he averaged about 15 minutes, 4 points and a couple of assists and a couple of rebounds per game, without turning the ball over.

I'll take that from an end of the bench guy.

This. Yeah, if you're relying on him for a 6th man role where he's playing heavy minutes off the bench, the of course you're screwed. But for an 8-10th spot, giving about 8 minutes or so, you should be fine. He won't have the same role as he had in GS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....i would not be down with that.

that basically locks them into a 5th or 6th seed for a couple years until westbrook and love decline and then they are in some big time trouble for a long while after that.

Cavs need to be patient for 1 more year----- get one more solid lotto pick next year, and then start the path back up/developing guys etc.

One more year of quasi-tanking

Then give the young guys another year at developing....figure out what you have

by then Sexton will be entering year 4, Garland and the other guys entering year 3....then you make your move, make soem trades, dip into free agency and set yourself up for some sustained success.

by then Durant should be headed downhill as well...

Stay patient and if Garland and Sexton become AS type of players in the next couple years...Love and all those contracts will be gone. They would either have to attract a FA to Cleveland or possibly get another top 10 guy in 2020. If Porter Jr and Windler workout, they have a lot of pieces and shooting around Garland and Sexton. Also, a lot of cap space...you never know how they could attract if the young guys become great though. Still got a long way to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers roster currently

1. Rondo
  2. Cook
  3. Caruso
  4. KCP
  5. Bradley
  6. Daniels
  7. Dudley
  8. Davis
  9. James
  10. Cousins
  11. Kuzma
  12. Green
  13. McGee

That's 13 players not including the rookies who didn't sign contracts yet.

Just don't see the need for Livingston on this roster. I would go for Korver before Livingston

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back RW and Adams plus keeping Garland is tempting considering the Cavs probably won't be able to lure FA's to CLE but that contract is so bad lol
Only reason I wouldn't kill them for it if they think it makes them an East contender. Not like they could expect to get much better than guys like Westbrook (or even Love) in FA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...like James Jones was for the Cavs----sure- he was a good veteran presence but he was no longer equipped to give anythign else.

if thats what they want out of the roster spot- an extra coach- then go for it. Hes not giving you much, if anything, on the court anymore.

Yep. If this was Livingston from 2 years ago then I would agree with Lakers fans

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Yeah, if you're relying on him for a 6th man role where he's playing heavy minutes off the bench, the of course you're screwed. But for an 8-10th spot, giving about 8 minutes or so, you should be fine. He won't have the same role as he had in GS.

Exactly. If Livingston ends up playing more than a few minutes here and there, something has gone very, very wrong.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers roster currently

1. Rondo
  2. Cook
  3. Caruso
  4. KCP
  5. Bradley
  6. Daniels
  7. Dudley
  8. Davis
  9. James
  10. Cousins
  11. Kuzma
  12. Green
  13. McGee

Just don't see the need for Livingston on this roster. I would go for Korver before Livingston

seriously? lol Korver can barely even move anymore...

nah, i'd take Livingston over Korver every time...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers roster currently

1. Rondo
  2. Cook
  3. Caruso
  4. KCP
  5. Bradley
  6. Daniels
  7. Dudley
  8. Davis
  9. James
  10. Cousins
  11. Kuzma
  12. Green
  13. McGee

They have Cook and Caruso, one of those guys will likely get less playing time. Korver is a better option bc at least he can shoot. Livingston isn't needed at all...Korver is just as good if not a better locker room guy imo anyway

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-10? LOL

maybe 13-15 if you just want an extra coach

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahahaha Korver can shoot. Livingston can't defend like Korver can't either, but he can't shoot as well. He still has that mid-range but it wasn't nearly what it was years ago. He is toast.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If this was Livingston from 2 years ago then I would agree with Lakers fans

You do get that we're talking about an end of the bench guy who'd likely be on a vet min contract and not a 6th man, right?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha Korver can shoot. Livingston can't defend like Korver can't either, but he can't shoot as well. He still has that mid-range but it wasn't nearly what it was years ago. He is toast.

point is at least he can still defend a little, and as has been stated before it isn't like he's gonna get a whole lotta burn anyways...

we've got enough shooters imo...

don't need a cardboard cut-out standing in the corner...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? Seems like a very well conditioned player and few move around as much as he does on O. Good for 20 minutes/game and was still at 41% shooting from 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Cook and Caruso, one of those guys will likely get less playing time. Korver is a better option bc at least he can shoot. Livingston isn't needed at all...Korver is just as good if not a better locker room guy imo anyway
LAkers needs a point guard that can actually bring the ball up and start some offense, get out on the break a little bit.......someone that can push the tempo a little bit.

maybe Caruso can be that guy i dont know.

I think Rondo is replacement level at this point though. Id have purged the roster of Rondo and McGee and moved on to anyone else who had a pulse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point is at least he can still defend a little, and as has been stated before it isn't like he's gonna get a whole lotta burn anyways...

we've got enough shooters imo...

don't need a cardboard cut-out standing in the corner...
Just say you've never watched Korver instead of proving you are clueless. "stand in the corner"?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Seems like a very well conditioned player and few move around as much as he does on O. Good for 20 minutes/game and was still at 41% shooting from 3.

can't defend worth beans...

and how old is he again...?

that's why i'd thumbs him down personally...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why I said can't see happening.....but if OKC goal was clear cap space quickly, they might get no better opportunity. And could also move Clarkson and/or TT at the deadline.

Problem is they have the same issue as most small market teams...even if they clear the space, not like an elite FA will come.
Makes no sense for the Cavs either really....they'd have what, 6-7 players? They'd be snagging guys out of the Summer League to fill out a roster....