• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true- though I think Sekou at 15 has some real nice long term potential.

The differenece between guys like Cam Johnson, who went 11, and Kevin Porter JR., who went 30, are as small as we have seen in an NBA draft in a long long time.

guys like Brandon Clarke, Sekou, Porter Jr., Little, Langford, Bitadze etc. --- none of them would have surprised ot be taken 11th and some of them dropped a lot farther than thought like Porter Jr. and Little

Cameron Johnson went 11. Goes to show you that the draft was very weak after 11 when a team took a guy who is actually OLDER than 5 year veteran Devin Booker just because he was more of a "sure thing" rotation piece (and probably the best shooter available)

please do not act like you know the first thing about the draft when you wouldnt of known the difference between Herro and a Mr. Hero before draft night. LOL
Roman Burger.....mmmmmmmmm

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the West is better at all Last season they had 4 teams with 53+ wins. I don't think there will be more than that this season. Last year, the 8th seed had 48 wins which is pretty good. I doubt the 8th seed gets more than that this season.

The West been pretty strong the last 2 years after down years in 2015 and 2016.

The only difference this coming season is there is no clear favorite but the West won't be any better than it was last season when it comes to the actual records of these teams. Basically last season the West had 1 great team, 5 really good teams, and 2 decent teams. This year they basically going to have 5 really good teams and 3 decent teams.

Win 53 games or so and you're likely getting HCA in round 1.

But in theory if enough teams got better isn’t it possible for the conference to be better without necessarily seeing a big increase in win totals?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Burger.....mmmmmmmmm

I probably miss the Roman Burger as much as anything from Ohio since I left.
Are many Mr Heros still around?
I used to go to the one in North Randall, by Thistledown all the time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows if it's true (as you never can be sure until they play) but also heard many comments like that. Maybe not always 11-30, but 8-20, 10-25, etc.

Im sure there will be a mix and match of lower picks being better in any division.
It happens every year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see bieber in the ASG? looked pretty awesome.

Clevinger/Bieber/Bauer all are finally healthy and seem to be clicking.

If they can get Kluber and Carrasco back at some point and get those guys going itll get interesting........

Yeah good moment the team had with Carrasco too.

If they can get Carrasco and Kluber back soon and playing well with the depth of the SP they will have the best rotation in the majors...I do expect Kluber or Bauer to be traded though but you never know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are wrong.
Yes, every now and then you get a 100% cant miss, like LeBron ( barring injury), but OFTEN, the best players from draft dont necessarily come from the very top of the draft.
Its not even a debate if you would just look.
And, that doesnt mean it will be Herro this year, so dont go there.

Good Luck with the poker thing and taking every dime I have.
This is true...why I said I'd be willing to bet a guy taken outside the top 10 will have a better career than at least one of the alleged can't miss guys who went top 3.

But the point is we don't know now who it will be, and you seem to get there are a number of candidates with as good a chance as Herro.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in theory if enough teams got better isn’t it possible for the conference to be better without necessarily seeing a big increase in win totals?

Not really.

Denver was good last year....still good.
Houston was good last year......still good
Utah was good last year. Got better.
Portland was good last year....basically the same.
GSW was great last year. Obviously fell off.
OKC was good last year. Won't make the playoffs.

Lakers and Clippers obviously improved.

So basically Warriors and Thunder are being replaced by Lakers and Clippers.

Now if the Warriors were the same and OKC never traded PG-13 then I would agree

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it went downhill for Kobe VERY VERY fast once he hit his age 34 season and crazily enough LeBron has even more miles on him than Kobe did by that age. LeBron is a freak but there is definitely risk there.
Yep....might have just been an aberration, but certainly could have been a sign of things to come.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true...why I said I'd be willing to bet a guy taken outside the top 10 will have a better career than at least one of the alleged can't miss guys who went top 3.

But the point is we don't know now who it will be, and you seem to get there are a number of candidates with as good a chance as Herro.

Thats exactly what I said. When did I ever say Herro was THE steal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, that wasnt Rileys plan.
He would have signed Hayward.
But, because of those 41 games, he chose to keep the core that went 30-11 vs try to change pieces.

Would the end result have been any different for the past 2 seasons if Hayward chose Miami?

We’d have been worse, and probably couldnt do what we’re doing this summer.

Regardless, you are such a dick.
I love how when the major majority of your posts are proven wrong, you say that you are just going by what the paid ‘ experts ‘ say, but when you think you’re right ( which you weren’t) you want to repeat it 1000x.

If that is true, that just makes him an "NBA insider".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what exactly? Same team for the most part and they're built for the regular season. Unless Harden is out for a really long time, they're going to win mid 50s and be a top 3 seed imo

I agree that they're built for the regular season. But I don't think CP3 has gotten any younger or healthier this off-season.

How long can Harden keep carrying the team through the regular season?

Plus, several teams in the West got better. It could end up being a situation where the Rockets aren't necessarily worse, but they end up with a worse record/lower seed because other teams improved and they didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is saying that others who were drafted after Herro might also POSSIBLY be steals?

Herro is more than just a player who can hit an open shot.

Im just hoping he stays once this Westbrook thing goes down, which apparently is.
Sure in Summer League he does more than hit an open shot. But did you note the opposing PG last night played as well or better than Herro?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably miss the Roman Burger as much as anything from Ohio since I left.
Are many Mr Heros still around?
I used to go to the one in North Randall, by Thistledown all the time.
when I lived in Shaker as a kid I think that was the one I went to. Near Lawson's right?

Pretty sure the one on Mayfield by the freeway is still there. Those were really the only 2 I ever went to.

And, yeah, when I moved out to Phoenix Mr. Hero (and Chick-Fil-A) were missed and places I had to go when I came back to visit.