• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players have an out the teams don't. If the players want out they can declare they won't play or will be malcontents and ruin your team if you keep them. If the teams want out they still have to pay the player even if they don't play him. They can trade the player but can't get out from paying someone that money, or taking back another player they may not want.

Yes the league has changed, contracts don’t mean much anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness they did do some of this but it was always KD shooting over everyone from the top of the key, which isn’t the worst option in the world.

And correct me if I'm wrong. Was there not times where KD would have the ball in his hands during a critical stage of the game and would he not pass the ball back to Russ.

I trust your word more than anyone else because you obviously watch the Thunder more than the rest of us.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this you once again know as fact?

Wasn’t Josh Jackson going to be a franchise changing player for at least 7 seasons?

How many others have you been wrong on?
That's fair, but seems this was the opinion of the so-called experts.

sure, someone in the 8-30 range will probably end up being a star, but not sure any of them should be held out of a deal if their team really wants RW.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I hope you are right, but I don't see him as any more than a dime a dozen player.

I mean he doesn't have to be a great player just a role player, but really just be a reliable guy in the post offensively and defensively.
Garland, Sexton, Porter Jr, Windler and even Osman are going to be the guys we need to see production (young guys) and hopefully star potential from Garland and Sexton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same people who are every year wrong will now all of the sudden be right?

How many ‘ do it for a living’ NBA talking heads had Khawi correct?

As far as Westbrook, how many players have you ever seen with his motor, athleticism, etc?
The man has never been seriousky injured that I recall. Hes a freak specimen.
Instead of knowing, as you claim, my guess is that he deteriorates slower than most.
I think in 4 years he’ll be just fine.
You think because there are exceptions that they will be wrong? Because maybe a couple guys in the teens were great it means Tyler Herro is a must keep in a deal for RW?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all relative, Russ can lose part of a step and still be one of the quickest to the hole in the league. Lebron isn’t as athletic as he was but relatively speaking he’s still pretty fn athletic, that’s the point.
Agreed, but not what was said. The guy said he wont decline in 4 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far would Westbrook have to decline, % wise, before one would logically think he couldnt use his energy, athleticism to do what he does?

I agree every player should try to improve their game, but I dont assume that Westbrook will become ‘old’ anytime soon.

Hard to say. In some ways, I think we're already starting to see it. I seem to remember him missing a lot more shots on his drives to the basket last year than I remember ever seeing before.

It could be an anomaly. But I remember when Kobe started to decline, it showed in a similar fashion. Still explosive enough to get to the hoop, but couldn't finish like he did when he was younger, especially late in games.

I will say that I think there may be something to the "Heat Culture" that you guys talk about. Maybe he'll buy in and the Heat will be able to get him to adjust his game?

If they can, it'll be good for both him and the team. But if they can't, that's a lot of money to be paying for 1st and 2nd round playoff exits.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably down to Detroit to Miami. Seems like Miami would have more assets unless the Thunder just love Doumbouya, which who knows if Detroit is even willing to give up.

Detroit doesn't have much perimeter shooting so maybe that would be the best option...ohh wait I forgot about Snell lol

Forgot about Kennard though...but what others shooters do they have? @Stakesarehigh

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats right Ponce......you prob. know more than the guys that get millions to do the job and scouts that have devoted their entire lives to teh game....you should put your resume in with some NBA teams..... you could probably be a GM in a manner of months!!! you probably have a better eye for talent then guys that have been doing it for decades!!1 in no time at all youll be running an NBA franchise......sitting at home on your ass and watching TV or going to a few games WITHOUT A DOUBT gives you just as much insight as the professionals. Who the fuck are they?
It is fair to say these guys are wrong a lot.........and, sure, someone in this draft will prove them wrong and will be a stud. But that doesn't mean a guy taken in the teens should be a must keep based on a couple summer league showings, or a decent freshman season playing against guys who mostly wont sniff the NBA

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you see a conversation like this taking place......

Lebron - "what are you thinking? I'm going to LA. want to join me?"
PG - "not telling".

Not when PG specifically said why he didn't choose the Lakers and Lebron's name never came out of his mouth as a reason.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know more?
I said I dont even watch CBB.
You said draft basically ended after 10.
History shows, that there will a few players drafted below 10 that are better then top 10.
It does.....but it also shows of the 50 guys drafted below 10, the vast majority should not be the ones to hold up a deal for RW if a team wants RW.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The,OKC FO is almost cocky in their ability to use these future picks into good players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again this is where coaching comes into play. Late game situation after a timeout is called, why wasn't set plays called to give KD the ball?

How do you know they didn't and Westbrook ignored it? Or that he did for 1 play and then went right back to hero ball?

And once again, that's where Russ has to be a smarter player and understand who's on the court with him.

I wonder how many times Riley had to call timeout to tell Magic to pass to Kareem or Worthy?

Or how many times Spo (or any of his other coaches) had to call timeout to tell Lebron to pass to D-Wade or Bosh?

Do you think D'Antoni (or any other coach) had to call timeout to tell Steve Nash to pass the ball to Amare or The Matrix?

If a coach has to call time out to tell his point guard to pass the ball, the problem is the point guard.

You can blame the coaches all you want. But Westbrook is an NBA player who's been in the league for 10 years. It's up to him to fix the holes in his game and learn from his failures.