• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have to think that they'll be in the lotto for the next few years once they deal Westbrook. That and the fact that they have a litany of draft capital, they could use it as trade chips. If Presti hits on some of these picks and they become all-stars, OKC could be a viable contender again in 4-5 years.

This goes back to the debate Heat fans had with Cavs fans. OKC can't settle on being a mediocre team that's middle of the pack. Either be a viable contender OR go ahead and tank to start the rebuild. They can't do what Miami, either LA team or NY teams do. For that matter, you might as well include Dallas and Houston given their markets.
True

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably take back a couple veteran role players, a young player and a couple 1sts...my guess

The Heat package actually sounds like something they will expect.

Plus, OKC doesn't have to shed money for Miami because of the hard cap. It is happening! Just announce it already Woj!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron recruiting them doesn't mean they rejected him.

There is a direct quote from PG stating why he didn't come to the Lakers and Lebron wasn't mentioned.

Unless you have one where he did say it, you're speculating.
I mean, as I said, LeBron tried to recruit all of those guys I mentioned and who knows how many guys that never got mentioned in the media.

none of them came even though I have heard time and time again how much free agents love to come to the Lakers. In fact- 2 of them wanted to go to LA but purposefully AVOIDED the Lakers by going to the Clippers.

You, me, whoever, can interpret that anyway they like- but thems the facts.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it's more difinitive, especially PG. He actually signed a max deal to keep playing with Russ.

I'm not so sure PG asked out as much as he was approached on the idea.

PG was probably disappointed in their season....he wanted to be a Laker so maybe he told them to trade him....he got to home to LA....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

But LeBron is being knocked because players have chosen not to join his team in free agency.

We are talking about multiple stars who have left Russ.

Now, if AD leaves LA next year then there might be a case to be made here.
But one of the stars who left first agreed to stay for 5 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....and a lot did more in college than Heero.

Again, I like the kid...might turn into a steal. But at this point if your team wants RW it's silly to think having to part with him would stop the deal.

I don't see it going down at all, but would think if the Cavs wanted him forget windler, they'd part with Sexton, who actually has shown he can play in the league....beyond summer League and college.

Im not saying Heat HAS to keep Herro, but they better have some legit shooting options or they are completely wasting their time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting has gone down for 2 years (especially 3 point for 3 years). win shares and PER also down last 3 seasons.

Russ had 2 poor months of shooting early in the year which made his shooting % look that way. You have to look deeper into the #'s.

He shot 38.6% in Dec and 39.8% in Jan. Now let's look at his month by month shooting % for the rest of year.

Oct-48%
Nov-46.7%
Feb-44.7%
Mar-44.2%
April-43.8%

So 2 bad shooting months made his shooting % look that way. He was basically at 44% or higher in the other 5 months.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what PG said. Until he says something different, the reason he gave, is the reason he didn't come.

And the way things are today. If PG said it was because of Lebron, some "source" would have attributed a quote to him. I haven't seen one.
Just curious...where's the quote giving his reasons?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And correct me if I'm wrong. Was there not times where KD would have the ball in his hands during a critical stage of the game and would he not pass the ball back to Russ.

I trust your word more than anyone else because you obviously watch the Thunder more than the rest of us.

Yes absolutely, neither Brooks or Donovan ever figured out how to make it work with an actual play at the end. They both won some games with pure talent but it was always ugly.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes absolutely, neither Brooks or Donovan ever figured out how to make it work with an actual play at the end. They both won some games with pure talent but it was always ugly.
I think both coaches are better suited to college.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG was probably disappointed in their season....he wanted to be a Laker so maybe he told them to trade him....he got to home to LA....
Or Kawhi told LAC he'll come if another star comes, so the LAC approached OKC?

I don't doubt he likes the idea of playing at home. I don't think it's because of RW that he's happy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO. I knew I wasn't going crazy. I remembered that happened frequently enough where KD would have the ball in his hands during a "clutch" moment and would give Russ back the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ had 2 poor months of shooting early in the year which made his shooting % look that way. You have to look deeper into the #'s.

He shot 38.6% in Dec and 39.8% in Jan. Now let's look at his month by month shooting % for the rest of year.

Oct-48%
Nov-46.7%
Feb-44.7%
Mar-44.2%
April-43.8%

So 2 bad shooting months made his shooting % look that way. He was basically at 44% or higher in the other 5 months.
do we get to do this for other seasons, too? Perhaps he'd have been a few points higher in those years if not for a couple bad months?

BTW, those bad months were probably 30ish games. Not exactly a small sample size.

and what about the PER and WS?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we get to do this for other seasons, too? Perhaps he'd have been a few points higher in those years if not for a couple bad months?

BTW, those bad months were probably 30ish games. Not exactly a small sample size.

and what about the PER and WS?

I mean I'm sure not every game was bad in those months just like I'm sure he had a few bad games in the months where his shooting % was high. At the end of day 5>2 so give me 5 out of 7 good months instead of 5 out of 7 bad months.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

And then Kyrie also at least considered the possibility of reuniting with LeBron in LA.
We actually don't know how much he considered it. We do know he chose not to, though.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon now....over the last couple years LeBron has actively tried to recruit PG, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler and thats just the guys we 100% know he tried to recruit and none of them wanted to play with him.

Its obvious that these guys dont want to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron and get none of the credit and all of the blame.
The true reason that no one wants to play with Lebron other than Clutch co. players, is ...well, Clutch co...

It clearly looks like anything Clutch Co. and Lebron wants to achieve, CAA will fight against it by helping the opposite side... PG is with CAA by the way....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the reason some players don't want to play with Lebron? I think it's bc they want to beat him. They want to have a chance to take down the greatest, I think it is less about the person/player Lebron is.
That is possible.....but can't imagine people look for passive aggressive, narcissistic and drama queen as traits they want in teammates. Never mind they'll be blamed if things go South and Lebron will take and get the credit for success.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, as I said, LeBron tried to recruit all of those guys I mentioned and who knows how many guys that never got mentioned in the media.

none of them came even though I have heard time and time again how much free agents love to come to the Lakers. In fact- 2 of them wanted to go to LA but purposefully AVOIDED the Lakers by going to the Clippers.

You, me, whoever, can interpret that anyway they like- but thems the facts.

And again, the fact that you ignore is that PG said himself why he didn't come to the Lakers and Lebron wasn't mentioned.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point is it the coach responsibility to run a legit offensive system? The Thunder offensive philosophy under Brooks and Donovan been trash.
Could be but also true a star will often eschew a coach and do what he wants.