• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know they didn't and Westbrook ignored it? Or that he did for 1 play and then went right back to hero ball?

Let's just blame Russ for everything lol got it.

Have to think if Russ was ignoring everything then it would have came out years ago from either a source close to KD, former teammates, former coaches, or etc

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and Chris Paul was playing at a really high level before this past season so yeah 33 or 34 isn't the end of the road unless injuries really slow you up
Not the end of the road, no doubt. I think he'll regress, but that's based on some regression last season. Might it have been an aberration? sure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the end of the road, no doubt. I think he'll regress, but that's based on some regression last season. Might it have been an aberration? sure.

Where did he regress last year?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he would not tell Lebron this if asked?

What does whether or not he would tell Lebron his plans have to do with whether or not Lebron was the reason he didn't come to the Lakers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of NBA players that come from the college, more specifically the blue blood schools like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc... play on stacked teams.
Agreed....and a lot did more in college than Heero.

Again, I like the kid...might turn into a steal. But at this point if your team wants RW it's silly to think having to part with him would stop the deal.

I don't see it going down at all, but would think if the Cavs wanted him forget windler, they'd part with Sexton, who actually has shown he can play in the league....beyond summer League and college.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC made that move for salary relief. Which means Westbrook's value won't be a haul. Steven Adams won't be there long either. They're stockpiling draft picks. Reading between the lines.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when PG specifically said why he didn't choose the Lakers and Lebron's name never came out of his mouth as a reason.
cmon now....over the last couple years LeBron has actively tried to recruit PG, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler and thats just the guys we 100% know he tried to recruit and none of them wanted to play with him.

Its obvious that these guys dont want to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron and get none of the credit and all of the blame.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know they didn't and Westbrook ignored it? Or that he did for 1 play and then went right back to hero ball?

And once again, that's where Russ has to be a smarter player and understand who's on the court with him.

I wonder how many times Riley had to call timeout to tell Magic to pass to Kareem or Worthy?

Or how many times Spo (or any of his other coaches) had to call timeout to tell Lebron to pass to D-Wade or Bosh?

Do you think D'Antoni (or any other coach) had to call timeout to tell Steve Nash to pass the ball to Amare or The Matrix?

If a coach has to call time out to tell his point guard to pass the ball, the problem is the point guard.

You can blame the coaches all you want. But Westbrook is an NBA player who's been in the league for 10 years. It's up to him to fix the holes in his game and learn from his failures.
Yeah, this.

RW is a great talent but he doesn't have the best basketball IQ or he's just selfish. He gets his apg but he also jacks up his 20-25 FGA's....he probably could average 15apg if he really tried to really embrace the Magic role.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon now....over the last couple years LeBron has actively tried to recruit PG, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler and thats just the guys we 100% know he tried to recruit and none of them wanted to play with him.

Its obvious that these guys dont want to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron and get none of the credit and all of the blame.

Lebron recruiting them doesn't mean they rejected him.

There is a direct quote from PG stating why he didn't come to the Lakers and Lebron wasn't mentioned.

Unless you have one where he did say it, you're speculating.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The,OKC FO is almost cocky in their ability to use these future picks into good players.

Well, you have to think that they'll be in the lotto for the next few years once they deal Westbrook. That and the fact that they have a litany of draft capital, they could use it as trade chips. If Presti hits on some of these picks and they become all-stars, OKC could be a viable contender again in 4-5 years.

This goes back to the debate Heat fans had with Cavs fans. OKC can't settle on being a mediocre team that's middle of the pack. Either be a viable contender OR go ahead and tank to start the rebuild. They can't do what Miami, either LA team or NY teams do. For that matter, you might as well include Dallas and Houston given their markets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does whether or not he would tell Lebron his plans have to do with whether or not Lebron was the reason he didn't come to the Lakers?
Let's just put it this way as we can only go on facts

PG did not choose to play with Lebron
PG did choose to play with Kawhi

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron recruiting them doesn't mean they rejected him.

There is a direct quote from PG stating why he didn't come to the Lakers and Lebron wasn't mentioned.

Unless you have one where he did say it, you're speculating.
You think he'd come out and say "I didn't want to play with Lebron"?

I get Kyrie did, but don't think PG is Kyrie.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just put it this way as we can only go on facts

PG did not choose to play with Lebron
PG did choose to play with Kawhi

You forgot the fact that PG said the Lakers not trying hard enough to trade for him was the reason he didn't join them.

Like Wiggy, you have speculation. I have what PG actually said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC made that move for salary relief. Which means Westbrook's value won't be a haul. Steven Adams won't be there long either. They're stockpiling draft picks. Reading between the lines.

They will probably take back a couple veteran role players, a young player and a couple 1sts...my guess

The Heat package actually sounds like something they will expect.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he'd come out and say "I didn't want to play with Lebron"?

I get Kyrie did, but don't think PG is Kyrie.

I know what PG said. Until he says something different, the reason he gave, is the reason he didn't come.

And the way things are today. If PG said it was because of Lebron, some "source" would have attributed a quote to him. I haven't seen one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

But it is more definitive that KD and PG did not want to play with Russ.
Not sure it's more difinitive, especially PG. He actually signed a max deal to keep playing with Russ.

I'm not so sure PG asked out as much as he was approached on the idea.