• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking money wise. RW is in his 30’s and the way he plays the game he isnt getting younger/better. You think he would develop a better shot eventually but that hasnt worked out.

If he doesnt workout you are left with a huge contract that will only be harder to trade off the books...like Wall’s contract

We’ve seen RW play with a much better player than Butler...twice. They havent put many shootets around those two stars but still OKC had a lot of talent and still couldnt get it done.
Why would Jimmy Butler change things? Like you said the talent is there but if the Heat were to trade away Winslow and Herro, they wouldnt have much shooting. Plus they wouldnt have much in the backcourt like OKC did...Adams, Ibaka, Perkins. This isnt a better team than he had in the past that’s why I think the Heat would be better off waiting till next summer or 2021 for a big FA. If this was a team that could not attract FA’s than I would agree, you go trade for him and you sacrifice some young talent
agree 100% with that last comment.....sort of. IF they believe RW is better than any FA in next 2 offseasons I'd make the deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they are talking about Russ you would think he is K-Love (pre lebron) where he put up crazy numbers and his teams never make the playoffs
K-Love ever play with anyone comparable to PG13, Durant or Harden?

Love was also 26 when acquired.

RW better, but not the best analogy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who thinks I'm being serious

Shit you're joking? Dammit man stop that! SportsHoopla is not the place for jokes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still strongly consider this, but you think Russ is a ball hog because of his coaches?

I don't think he is a ball hog. I just don't think his decision making is the greatest.

If you think he is a ball hog then are you saying PG is a ball hog also? Durant? Lebron? Mitchell?

He has poor decision making and shot selection but I do not think he is a ball hog.

James Harden is what you call a ball hog

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems fair to be wondering already.

Why is that? Because a guy who re-signed before Lebron was a Laker and who said the Lakers not trying hard enough to trade for him was why he didn't sign with them, chose to stay where he was?

Or because the Clippers threw a Hail Mary and completed it?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW & Butler wouls make Miami a pretty dangerous team...

A top 4-5 seed in the East...but we saw the same thing in the West and then we saw them in the playoffs. When you acquire a 40M contract you better be championship contenders....I think they are contenders in the East but I also think there are 3-4 teams in the East that are probably still better if they were to acquire RW

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no one had PG re-signing with OKC 30 seconds into free agency and no one saw Lebron coming to the Lakers without another top player.

PG didn't even take a meeting with another team. Additionally, by his own words, Lebron had nothing to do with his decision. He said it was because the Lakers "didn't try hard enough to trade for him". It's the reason that one of the questions that Kawhi reportedly asked Magic was "Did you try to trade for me?"

So apparently, they didn't know what was going to happen.
So you see a conversation like this taking place......

Lebron - "what are you thinking? I'm going to LA. want to join me?"
PG - "not telling".

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 4-5 seed in the East...but we saw the same thing in the West and then we saw them in the playoffs. When you acquire a 40M contract you better be championship contenders....I think they are contenders in the East but I also think there are 3-4 teams in the East that are probably still better if they were to acquire RW
Agree on the 4-5 seed but I can't imagine any team seeded above them looking forward to playing them. They'd be a dangerous team to face.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss Zizic, who I have never been a fan of, is up to 267 and 9% fat. I always noticed he was clumsy but he has a good post game. I also noticed he wasn't in very good shape, apparently that has changed this offseason. Huge for the center position, especially if Henson or TT goes at the deadline. I think he can get more playing time and have a breakout year. He already showed improvement but hoping this weight change can help him defensively too.
Of course I hope you are right, but I don't see him as any more than a dime a dozen player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to act like KD didn't defer to Russ A LOT in those days? Trust me, if Bron or better yet someone like Kobe played with Russ then I bet you they wouldn't defer to Russ so frequently in late game situations as KD used to

Defer? Russ was the point guard. He was the one bringing the ball up and running the offense.

I agree that KD probably should have been more assertive and demanded the ball more. But if Russ is doing his job as a point guard, KD wouldn't have to demand the ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defer? Russ was the point guard. He was the one bringing the ball up and running the offense.

I agree that KD probably should have been more assertive and demanded the ball more. But if Russ is doing his job as a point guard, KD wouldn't have to demand the ball.

And once again this is where coaching comes into play. Late game situation after a timeout is called, why wasn't set plays called to give KD the ball?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....uhh exactly....it was basically an 8-9 player draft-and after that there was supposedly very little difference between picks 10 and 30. Not ANY of those guys is a deal breaker by ANYMEANS. This draft was EXTREMELY weak after the top 8-9 guys.
What most were saying......now of course this doesn't mean someone in the 8-15 range wont end up being a star, but at this point no one should think they have that guy.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the team is signing the contract knowing that a player can request a trade.

Both sides sign the same contract. If one side has an out, the other side should as well.
The players have an out the teams don't. If the players want out they can declare they won't play or will be malcontents and ruin your team if you keep them. If the teams want out they still have to pay the player even if they don't play him. They can trade the player but can't get out from paying someone that money, or taking back another player they may not want.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again this is where coaching comes into play. Late game situation after a timeout is called, why wasn't set plays called to give KD the ball?

In fairness they did do some of this but it was always KD shooting over everyone from the top of the key, which isn’t the worst option in the world.