• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes now been shooting from the NBA 3 pt line.
Forget summer league win, loss results. Mean nothing.

As far as his play as an individual, hes legit.

Quick release, creating his own shots, unlimited range.
Looks good, but so far same could be said of Dylan windler and I cannot see the Cavs holding up a deal for Westbrook because he had to be included.

Not sure how much individual play means in Summer League. Rather they look good than not, of course, but there are probably guys playing better than Windler and Herro who wont sniff a roster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point is it the coach responsibility to run a legit offensive system? The Thunder offensive philosophy under Brooks and Donovan been trash.

I didn't say he's had great coaches. I said he has a responsibility to figure out the holes in his own game and work on them himself regardless of who his coach is.

Does he not watch film? Could he not see himself playing out of control and ignoring KD at the end of close games?

End of the day, the offensive system doesn't prevent him saying "Ya know, that Kevin Durant guy is a pretty good player. Maybe I should pass the ball to him more in those situations."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think he is involved in these Russ rumors. The 2nd round pick signed his contract but Herro still didn't sign his
does that matter? Not saying it doesn't. Trying to recall the particulars when the Cavs moved wiggins for Love. I knew they had to wait a little, but not sure it was due to when his deal was signed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that matter? Not saying it doesn't. Trying to recall the particulars when the Cavs moved wiggins for Love. I knew they had to wait a little, but not sure it was due to when his deal was signed.

It does matter. If he signs his deal then he can't be traded for 30 days

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he's had great coaches. I said he has a responsibility to figure out the holes in his own game and work on them himself regardless of who his coach is.

Does he not watch film? Could he not see himself playing out of control and ignoring KD at the end of close games?

End of the day, the offensive system doesn't prevent him saying "Ya know, that Kevin Durant guy is a pretty good player. Maybe I should pass the ball to him more in those situations."

This is where I'm at and why I have reservations about bring Russ to the Heat.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was exactly why they had to wait. Wiggins had just signed his rookie deal. Cavs had to wait 30 days to trade him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if the player doesnt have a no trade clause, they are willingly signing a contract knowing they can be traded.

And the team is signing the contract knowing that a player can request a trade.

Both sides sign the same contract. If one side has an out, the other side should as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. AD essentially forced his way to the Lakers. He may be a Klutch client, but that may have been more about setting things up to get to the Lakers.

But yeah, if AD decides to leave after the season, then you have to start wondering about Lebron.
Seems fair to be wondering already.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we are going to act like KD didn't defer to Russ A LOT in those days? Trust me, if Bron or better yet someone like Kobe played with Russ then I bet you they wouldn't defer to Russ so frequently in late game situations as KD used to

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

At what point is it the players responsibility to figure out the holes in his game and fix them himself?

I get that but people acting like Detroit trading spare parts some middling draft picks and a year of Reggie Jackson is some Kings ransom

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly why they had to wait. Wiggins had just signed his rookie deal. Cavs had to wait 30 days to trade him.
Does that mean if he hadn't signed they could move him right away?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans are brainwashed to only think years down the road.
Its like chasing a cloud.
You never get there.
Not sure if Heat fans all think the same but I don't think like all Cavs' fans. If they think RW is the best player they can acquire in the next couple years I'd make the deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it would seem these guys know just a bit about what is going to happen.

Absolutely no one had PG re-signing with OKC 30 seconds into free agency and no one saw Lebron coming to the Lakers without another top player.

PG didn't even take a meeting with another team. Additionally, by his own words, Lebron had nothing to do with his decision. He said it was because the Lakers "didn't try hard enough to trade for him". It's the reason that one of the questions that Kawhi reportedly asked Magic was "Did you try to trade for me?"

So apparently, they didn't know what was going to happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like Russ is a bad player. Russ been doing what he's been doing with shitty coaches and no real offensive philosophy for his entire career.

Like most big contracts, if you can get 3 good to great years and the last year is bad then you deal with it
I'd still strongly consider this, but you think Russ is a ball hog because of his coaches?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss Zizic, who I have never been a fan of, is up to 267 and 9% fat. I always noticed he was clumsy but he has a good post game. I also noticed he wasn't in very good shape, apparently that has changed this offseason. Huge for the center position, especially if Henson or TT goes at the deadline. I think he can get more playing time and have a breakout year. He already showed improvement but hoping this weight change can help him defensively too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the team is signing the contract knowing that a player can request a trade.

Both sides sign the same contract. If one side has an out, the other side should as well.

Then the player should make sure that it is included or not sign.

One thing to request a trade vs become total distractions because they want their way.