• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reaching your 30s in the NBA used to be a sign that the end was relatively near. Not necessarily the end of a player’s career, but at the very least, of his prime.

Now, with advancements in modern medicine, more lax schedules and rest days being offered up like never before, that is no longer the case.

These days, a player can be fully into his 30s and still be at or just reaching his career peak, as is the case with a few players near the top of our rankings.

When considering the Association’s top players over 30 years old, the list is filled with All-Stars, All-NBA talents and MVP candidates. So collectively, the team at HoopsHype has decided to rank these individuals from No. 30 to No. 1.

@WiggyRuss

Yes, Westbrook is on the list, and of all players, if he stays injury free, is by far the best athlete with the best chance to stay at an elite level.

This is all true. Most of us here stopped talking about Lebron's decline about 3 or so years ago. lol

The problem for Westbrook, imo, is that he hasn't started making adjustments to his game.

I remember reading where Kobe talked about adding post moves (he actually went and worked with Hakeem one summer) and a midrange shot before his drop in athleticism started.

I haven't heard or seen in his play, where Westbrook has started doing that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy only acting that way because russ may go to the heat

lol

When Lebron was a Cav, he talked about Lebron playing at a high level for years to come.

As soon as he joined the Lakers, he started talking about his age and all of the miles on his body.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and Chris Paul was playing at a really high level before this past season so yeah 33 or 34 isn't the end of the road unless injuries really slow you up

When he's healthy, he's still among the top point guards in the league.

But to be completely fair, he's never really depended on his athleticism like Westbrook does.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true. Most of us here stopped talking about Lebron's decline about 3 or so years ago. lol

The problem for Westbrook, imo, is that he hasn't started making adjustments to his game.

I remember reading where Kobe talked about adding post moves (he actually went and worked with Hakeem one summer) and a midrange shot before his drop in athleticism started.

I haven't heard or seen in his play, where Westbrook has started doing that.

How far would Westbrook have to decline, % wise, before one would logically think he couldnt use his energy, athleticism to do what he does?

I agree every player should try to improve their game, but I dont assume that Westbrook will become ‘old’ anytime soon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if anyone was ever going to make this type of a post.
I find it very wrong that players (in general) feel they can sign contracts and then bully their way out of them whenever they feel like it.

Yes and no.

A team can essentially bully the player by trading him whether he wants to be traded or not.

Why shouldn't the player be able to force his way out?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

A team can essentially bully the player by trading him whether he wants to be traded or not.

Why shouldn't the player be able to force his way out?

Because if the player doesnt have a no trade clause, they are willingly signing a contract knowing they can be traded.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would it be correct to say that in consecutive years that both PG and Leonard have basically said they don’t want to play with Lebron

lol

You do realize that PG re-signed with OKC before anyone knew Lebron was going to be a Laker, right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what @thunderc said. PG-13 obviously wanted to go to LA but didn't want to play with Lebron which is probably why he didn't go back last year.

Except for that whole re-signing with OKC before anyone knew the Lakers were getting Lebron thing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need defenders, preferably a wing and a PF.

Yep. With what they have put together, the Lakers aren't going to have a problem scoring. But stopping other teams from scoring could be an issue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35% is a solid 3 point shooting % you do know this right?

So all the NBA scouts who watched him not only at Kentucky but in pre draft workouts know absolutely nothing?

So you're saying he can't shoot? LMFAO
35% is good in CBB. Not anything special.

You can LYAO all you want but reading might help. Did you miss in my last comment where I said the following....."Of course he's a good shooter".

Apology accepted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me the post where I said anything about him being elite.

It is clearly stated why I wouldn't want him included in a Russ trade.

Read better
Funny you say this after saying I claimed he cannot shoot.

Ya gotta love this forum.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

But LeBron is being knocked because players have chosen not to join his team in free agency.

We are talking about multiple stars who have left Russ.

Now, if AD leaves LA next year then there might be a case to be made here.

Yep. AD essentially forced his way to the Lakers. He may be a Klutch client, but that may have been more about setting things up to get to the Lakers.

But yeah, if AD decides to leave after the season, then you have to start wondering about Lebron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not only that, it’s a huge commitment. That is huge contract to take on. Paying a playing that much should make you championship contenders. Winning games is great but losing the 1st round everywhere is only fun for so long
Truth be told, I could more understand the Cavs making this deal (they wont) than Miami. Cavs will have a ton of cap space soon, sure, but what elite player could they get with it?

Would think with the lure of South Beach Miami might be able to get an elite player and not give up their top guys (other than Butler).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also has nothing to do with overvaluing players.

Knowing that Russ/Jimmy alone can't bring you a title, you would like to keep 1 or 2 of your young core players instead and develop them
Sure ya would....but if you really think Westbrook is a good addition losing Herro should not stop you from making the deal.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You do realize that PG re-signed with OKC before anyone knew Lebron was going to be a Laker, right?

Maybe, but it would seem these guys know just a bit about what is going to happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeopardy Question 3.

“Russell Westbrook is a freaking force of nature. Unbelievable to watch this guy play.”

Who made the above proclamation?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss all of last year? This is what I talk about with the ridiculous Russ hate.

He took a backseat all of last year to PG-13 which led to PG-13 being a final 3 MVP candidate. This changed when PG had his shoulder injury which will now require him to miss some of next season. It is very possible/likely that George told Russ how serious his injury was and asked Russ to be more aggressive but up until that shoulder injury, Russ pretty clearly took a backseat to George. Heck, George even took most of the shots at end of game.

Yeah, I did. And I saw him get no better results than he did with KD. Also, KD took plenty of shots too. It's always been about when he plays hero ball, not that he does it all game long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeopardy Question 3.

“Russell Westbrook is a freaking force of nature. Unbelievable to watch this guy play.”

Who made the above proclamation?

Wussell Restbrook?:noidea: