• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they were based on what he did for a stacked college team while shooting 35% from 3? Mostly playing against players far less talented than his teammates....and guys he'll face in the NBA?

A lot of NBA players that come from the college, more specifically the blue blood schools like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc... play on stacked teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat or Rockets have nothing to lose by bring in RW. If it doesn't work it's not a big deal, considering what they are doing now isn't working. The only thing is his contract tho

We'd likely have to include 2 of 3 of Herro, Bam and Winslow to bring on Westbrook. I can already tell you it's not going work out. So saying it's not a big deal for the Heat is wrong, because it would be a big deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanno, after having time to reflect on how the kawhi stuff went...I think it's safe to say that all this "Kawhi isn't like the other stars" stuff needs to end after all this. Dude instructed PG to hold his team hostage, showed somewhat fake interest in the lakers/raptors to make time for it to happen, just so that he could join up with another superstar. I'm not knocking the hustle, because he did what was best for him, and I find nothing wrong with that actually...but I don't necessarily look at him as the guy that is totally different from the modern day star like I did before

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to make this type of a post.
I find it very wrong that players (in general) feel they can sign contracts and then bully their way out of them whenever they feel like it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd likely have to include 2 of 3 of Herro, Bam and Winslow to bring on Westbrook. I can already tell you it's not going work out. So saying it's not a big deal for the Heat is wrong, because it would be a big deal.

Salary wise, we wouldn't.
If OKC is trying to dump the contract, then its a more of a negotiation vs a bidding war.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats right Ponce......you prob. know more than the guys that get millions to do the job and scouts that have devoted their entire lives to teh game....you should put your resume in with some NBA teams..... you could probably be a GM in a manner of months!!! you probably have a better eye for talent then guys that have been doing it for decades!!1 in no time at all youll be running an NBA franchise......sitting at home on your ass and watching TV or going to a few games WITHOUT A DOUBT gives you just as much insight as the professionals. Who the fuck are they?

@WiggyRuss

Are you a wanna be Broussard?
He actually gets paid to be wrong though.

Make shitty predictions, then move on to the next.....

Kawhi Update: Raptors had strong meeting yesterday. Drake heavily involved. Talked of having Kawhi involved w/his OVO record label. Kawhi in deep soul searching. Wants Lakers but wants to make sure Big 3 will fit/work. Clippers out. It’s btwn Lakers & Raptors. Very close.

9:55 AM - Jul 4, 2019

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary wise, we wouldn't.
If OKC is trying to dump the contract, then its a more of a negotiation vs a bidding war.

If we only had to give up Winslow as the only valuable asset while keeping Herro and Bam, cool. I just don't want to take all of the youth that we have for Westbrook. I'd rather have a compelling roster that has room for a star player in 2021, personally. But the Heat know better than I do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we only had to give up Winslow as the only valuable asset while keeping Herro and Bam, cool. I just don't want to take all of the youth that we have for Westbrook. I'd rather have a compelling roster that has room for a star player in 2021, personally. But the Heat know better than I do.

I don't think they really can. Maybe Herro (which I would be against) but Bam only makes 3M yearly since he is on his rookie deal still. Winslow is just over 10 so basically including those 3 would be only about 20 which means they would have to include another player or 2 which Miami isn't doing.....not a 5 for 1 deal.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would it be correct to say that in consecutive years that both PG and Leonard have basically said they don’t want to play with Lebron

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it said that Presti took the approach that he was trading both PG and Leonard to the Clippers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would it be correct to say that in consecutive years that both PG and Leonard have basically said they don’t want to play with alebron?

Maybe not.

But it is more definitive that KD and PG did not want to play with Russ.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

I don’t think that can be said of PG, he had a chance to go home and made it happen.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see why he keeps doing that. He's not a stupid person. When he makes his contrarian hater takes that are so obviously wrong, no one here buys it and he knows that too. Don't understand it.

all of that is true, but let's face it. you can't buy entertainment like his...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they really can. Maybe Herro (which I would be against) but Bam only makes 3M yearly since he is on his rookie deal still. Winslow is just over 10 so basically including those 3 would be only about 20 which means they would have to include another player or 2 which Miami isn't doing.....not a 5 for 1 deal.

The 'proposed' Winslow, Dragic, Leonard deal would actually force us to take back salary somewhere (I read).
I believe around 5M.
OKC gets a player with unknown ceiling and 2 expiring contracts.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'proposed' Winslow, Dragic, Leonard deal would actually force us to take back salary somewhere (I read).
I believe around 5M.

Peterson prob

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

I agree with what @thunderc said. PG-13 obviously wanted to go to LA but didn't want to play with Lebron which is probably why he didn't go back last year. The Clippers gave him that opportunity and he took it. Seems like he & Russ are still tight so I don't think it has anything to do with that....especially when you consider how Russ took a back seat to PG last year until that shoulder injury PG had.

PG just had his best year of his career playing with Russ. Why would he hate that?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe around 5M.

That is a very good deal.

Winslow is a nice player. He is versatile and can play a lot of positions. He has a decent team friendly contract at $13 million for the next 3 years. But let’s not act like he is a future all star. He is likely to top out as a high quality role player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very good deal.

Winslow is a nice player. He is versatile and can play a lot of positions. He has a decent team friendly contract at $13 million for the next 3 years. But let’s not act like he is a future all star. He is likely to top out as a high quality role player.

Agree, and that is why I'm not against trading him to take the chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what @thunderc said. PG-13 obviously wanted to go to LA but didn't want to play with Lebron which is probably why he didn't go back last year. The Clippers gave him that opportunity and he took it. Seems like he & Russ are still tight so I don't think it has anything to do with that....especially when you consider how Russ took a back seat to PG last year until that shoulder injury PG had.

PG just had his best year of his career playing with Russ. Why would he hate that?

All guess work.

I can just as easily present the opposite case.

George never took the meeting with the Lakers last year, not because he didn’t want to play with LeBron, but because he enjoyed playing in OKC with Russ.

Then, in the midst of PG’s career best season, he and Russ had a falling out because PG realized Russ was always going to be about his stats. So PG requested a trade to LAC because it gave him a better opportunity to win.

Bottom line is that star players don’t tend to stick with Russ in OKC. LeBron has brought in a co-star to play with him in LA and the Lakers were in the top 3 for both PG and Leonard even though they chose the other team in LA.

It is possible that most stars don’t want to play with either LeBron or Russ. But given the history of both players, there is a lot more evidence favoring guys wanting to play with LBJ.