• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon Susan....didnt you pay attention in social studies class? You never learned who Ponce De Leon was? He was the guy that traveled around Florida looking for the Fountain of Youth. Little did he know it was under American Airlines arena all this time!!!! LOL

Westbrook isnt on the Heat.
But, good weather is a factor in extending careers Ive been told.

Is Westbrook going to fall apart as fast as Whiteside is going to ‘meltdown’ and be thrown out of the league?

Note to self. You make lousy predictions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats right Ponce......you prob. know more than the guys that get millions to do the job and scouts that have devoted their entire lives to teh game....you should put your resume in with some NBA teams..... you could probably be a GM in a manner of months!!! you probably have a better eye for talent then guys that have been doing it for decades!!1 in no time at all youll be running an NBA franchise......sitting at home on your ass and watching TV or going to a few games WITHOUT A DOUBT gives you just as much insight as the professionals. Who the fuck are they?

So I know more?
I said I dont even watch CBB.
You said draft basically ended after 10.
History shows, that there will a few players drafted below 10 that are better then top 10.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeze, what kinda crack is WiggityWack in tonight...?

which one of you triggered this clown THIS time...?

Guilty as charged.:nod:
Hes in full blown meltdown mode.
Hopefully vending machines got restocked over weekend so he can get a decent lunch tomorrow.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon Susan....didnt you pay attention in social studies class? You never learned who Ponce De Leon was? He was the guy that traveled around Florida looking for the Fountain of Youth. Little did he know it was under American Airlines arena all this time!!!! LOL

still dunno who Susan is, but yeah, I know who it was...

I just know when you go into neurotic mode. Hell, you're famous for it around here... :heh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reaching your 30s in the NBA used to be a sign that the end was relatively near. Not necessarily the end of a player’s career, but at the very least, of his prime.

Now, with advancements in modern medicine, more lax schedules and rest days being offered up like never before, that is no longer the case.

These days, a player can be fully into his 30s and still be at or just reaching his career peak, as is the case with a few players near the top of our rankings.

When considering the Association’s top players over 30 years old, the list is filled with All-Stars, All-NBA talents and MVP candidates. So collectively, the team at HoopsHype has decided to rank these individuals from No. 30 to No. 1.

@WiggyRuss

Yes, Westbrook is on the list, and of all players, if he stays injury free, is by far the best athlete with the best chance to stay at an elite level.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this a real post?

The entire history of the NBA makes you believe that Russ will not be the player he is today 4 years from now. The fucking human condition of aging makes you believe that he wont be the same player he is 4 years from now. lol

Holy shit man.

is there one person out there besides this head-in-the-sand flamingo MF'er that would possibly say that NO REASON TO THINK RUSS WONT STILL BE THE SAME PLAYER HE IS NOW IN 4 YEARS

the fact that he would say this just confirms that he has to be dropping acid on a daily basis. If you wanted to make my head explode you finally did it with perhaps the dumbest fucking post in the history of this board.

The MOST common of sense would dictate that there is a SIGNIFICANT decline between those years. I mean, holy shit, i cant even take the stupidity. I just cant wait for the season to start to prove me right as it has time and time again.

I mean im the one that 3 years ago said that the Heat would be a capped out mediocre irrelevant franchise and i was a 1000% percent correct.
I wouldn't just count Russ out like that totally. With Great Players, it's sometimes about adaptation. Kobe lost athleticism, and went to the post game....Dwight got old, never adapted, and was never the same. If Russ turns into an assist first/Shoot less person, he has a chance to age gracefully

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, during the Finals run

But he basically split minutes between Ibaka and beyond washed Kendrick Perkins and also between Harden and washed Derek Fisher.

Lol, I remember that shit. Their best line up was actually Harden running point with Westbrook as the other guard yet they'd go away from it for extended periods of time and in crucial situations. I remember an interview from Bosh a few months back where he basically said Miami's game plan that series was to stop Harden because they figured out he was what made that team so effective, yet Scott Brooks himself never figured it out.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanno, after having time to reflect on how the kawhi stuff went...I think it's safe to say that all this "Kawhi isn't like the other stars" stuff needs to end after all this. Dude instructed PG to hold his team hostage, showed somewhat fake interest in the lakers/raptors to make time for it to happen, just so that he could join up with another superstar. I'm not knocking the hustle, because he did what was best for him, and I find nothing wrong with that actually...but I don't necessarily look at him as the guy that is totally different from the modern day star like I did before

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't just count Russ out like that totally. With Great Players, it's sometimes about adaptation. Kobe lost athleticism, and went to the post game....Dwight got old, never adapted, and was never the same. If Russ turns into an assist first/Shoot less person, he has a chance to age gracefully

Wiggy only acting that way because russ may go to the heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat can acquire giannis tomorrow and wiggy would make it seem like a bad move somehow

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul will be 35 next playoffs

Russ will be 34 in his last year of that deal

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul will be 35 next playoffs

Russ will be 34 in his last year of that deal

Yep and Chris Paul was playing at a really high level before this past season so yeah 33 or 34 isn't the end of the road unless injuries really slow you up

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat can acquire giannis tomorrow and wiggy would make it seem like a bad move somehow

Yeah I don't see why he keeps doing that. He's not a stupid person. When he makes his contrarian hater takes that are so obviously wrong, no one here buys it and he knows that too. Don't understand it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and Chris Paul was playing at a really high level before this past season so yeah 33 or 34 isn't the end of the road unless injuries really slow you up

Nash and Stockton both all Stars at 34

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know from Detroit's perspective it's unlikely they view this as more than a three year window.

That's what the league is now basically. A series of windows unless you absolutely crush the draft.... But even then you gotta be able to keep your guys