• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Russ hate

He needs to take less shots and wherever he goes he needs to rely on his teammates more but he's still an elite guy

As a player, I love him. It isnt about that, it’s about s team trading for him when it probably wont make them a championship contender. RW’s desire to win and athletic ability are among the greatest of all-time but he needs a jumpshot and just when we think he turns he corner decision-making wise he will underachieve.

Put shooters around him for once as a plan with Jimmy and lets see how it works out, but if you dont put shooters around him you have zero chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is they would not be in the top 10 lottery next year if they did this and also would not be contenders. It’s either develop young guys or trade for a star...only way for the Cavs to build a contender. RW doesnt do that for them. I mean if Garland becomes a star they could get close but still RW just isnt that guy
exactly

being in the middle is the worst place to be in the NBA

and with RW and Love both hitting 30, they would both likely have a couple good years left but start to see some decline before too much longer--- RW already seems tbe be declining somewhat.

RW relies so much on his athleticism that he could go at any time

one reason why i am fairly bullish on the Cavs signing of Love is that its not like he relies on his athleticism for his game anyway--- his rebounding, shooting and passing should all be skills that age well.

Guys that rely on going above the rim and breaking down other players and getting to the basket like RW? not so much.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the player. RW isnt the guy that looks to transition well. Every year we think he will add a jumpshot to his game, actually getting worse

His catch and shoot numbers are much better than his shooting off the dribble numbers. It’s a shame no one has ever been able to make him see that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Russ hate

He needs to take less shots and wherever he goes he needs to rely on his teammates more but he's still an elite guy
I mostly agree. His 3 pt shooting is pretty rotten, but i think if he swallowed a little pride, moved the ball more, and was more selective it would do him wonders.

DEfinitely still a top 15 player right now---- i dont know how anyone could say otherwise....but guys like him with so many miles and minutes that rely on athleticism do not tend to age well

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....uhh exactly....it was basically an 8-9 player draft-and after that there was supposedly very little difference between picks 10 and 30.

And this you once again know as fact?

Wasn’t Josh Jackson going to be a franchise changing player for at least 7 seasons?

How many others have you been wrong on?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason, as of today, to think Russ wont still be the player he is now in 4 years.
is this a real post?

The entire history of the NBA makes you believe that Russ will not be the player he is today 4 years from now. The fucking human condition of aging makes you believe that he wont be the same player he is 4 years from now. lol

Holy shit man.

is there one person out there besides this head-in-the-sand flamingo MF'er that would possibly say that NO REASON TO THINK RUSS WONT STILL BE THE SAME PLAYER HE IS NOW IN 4 YEARS

the fact that he would say this just confirms that he has to be dropping acid on a daily basis. If you wanted to make my head explode you finally did it with perhaps the dumbest fucking post in the history of this board.

The MOST common of sense would dictate that there is a SIGNIFICANT decline between those years. I mean, holy shit, i cant even take the stupidity. I just cant wait for the season to start to prove me right as it has time and time again.

I mean im the one that 3 years ago said that the Heat would be a capped out mediocre irrelevant franchise and i was a 1000% percent correct.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this you once again know as fact?

Wasn’t Josh Jackson going to be a franchise changing player for at least 7 seasons?

How many others have you been wrong on?
that was the consensus of people that do this for a living. Of course their will be exceptions but this draft was generally thought of as one of the weakest in years and that there was no major difference between player 10 and player 30.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no reason to believe there will be decline in a player between age 30 and 34.....lol.....holy shit....i just cant take....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all relative, Russ can lose part of a step and still be one of the quickest to the hole in the league. Lebron isn’t as athletic as he was but relatively speaking he’s still pretty fn athletic, that’s the point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the consensus of people that do this for a living. Of course their will be exceptions but this draft was generally thought of as one of the weakest in years and that there was no major difference between player 10 and player 30.

So the same people who are every year wrong will now all of the sudden be right?

How many ‘ do it for a living’ NBA talking heads had Khawi correct?

As far as Westbrook, how many players have you ever seen with his motor, athleticism, etc?
The man has never been seriousky injured that I recall. Hes a freak specimen.
Instead of knowing, as you claim, my guess is that he deteriorates slower than most.
I think in 4 years he’ll be just fine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all relative, Russ can lose part of a step and still be one of the quickest to the hole in the league. Lebron isn’t as athletic as he was but relatively speaking he’s still pretty fn athletic, that’s the point.

Point is, @WiggyRuss opinion is often presented as fact.
When proven wrong, we all know how he reacts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry......Ponce De Leon was just missed it--- the Fountain of Youth is under American Airlines arena.....If Russell Westbrook goes there he will be able to defy the rest of human history and become ageless ----- and the wear and tear of growing older will not apply to him.

THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IS REAL PEOPLE!!!!!! MAYBE KYRIE WAS ONTO SOMETHING WITH THE FLAT EARTH AND GIANT ICE WALLS!!!!

THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IS REAL!!!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks had Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka all on one team. Think about that missed championship. Lol.

Not only that, during the Finals run

But he basically split minutes between Ibaka and beyond washed Kendrick Perkins and also between Harden and washed Derek Fisher.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same people who are every year wrong will now all of the sudden be right?

How many ‘ do it for a living’ NBA talking heads had Khawi correct?

As far as Westbrook, how many players have you ever seen with his motor, athleticism, etc?
The man has never been seriousky injured that I recall. Hes a freak specimen.
Instead of knowing, as you claim, my guess is that he deteriorates slower than most.
I think in 4 years he’ll be just fine.
thats right Ponce......you prob. know more than the guys that get millions to do the job and scouts that have devoted their entire lives to teh game....you should put your resume in with some NBA teams..... you could probably be a GM in a manner of months!!! you probably have a better eye for talent then guys that have been doing it for decades!!1 in no time at all youll be running an NBA franchise......sitting at home on your ass and watching TV or going to a few games WITHOUT A DOUBT gives you just as much insight as the professionals. Who the fuck are they?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeze, what kinda crack is WiggityWack in tonight...?

which one of you triggered this clown THIS time...?
cmon Susan....didnt you pay attention in social studies class? You never learned who Ponce De Leon was? He was the guy that traveled around Florida looking for the Fountain of Youth. Little did he know it was under American Airlines arena all this time!!!! LOL