• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes now been shooting from the NBA 3 pt line.
Forget summer league win, loss results. Mean nothing.

As far as his play as an individual, hes legit.

Quick release, creating his own shots, unlimited range.

Starting to think he is involved in these Russ rumors. The 2nd round pick signed his contract but Herro still didn't sign his

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract is a big deal. If they bring in RW and it doesn't work, they are well and truly fucked for years. Morey might be thinking Hail Mary and if it works he's a genius and if not, ok go ahead and fire me.

Nobody has a crystal ball.
If, in essence you are giving up Richardson, Winslow to get Butler, Westbrook, you do it.
The Whitesides, Dragics, Leonards dont matter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think he is involved in these Russ rumors. The 2nd round pick signed his contract but Herro still didn't sign his

Good Point.

Hopefully Riley isnt trigger happy with him.
Its not like OKC is in that great of a bargaining position.

Why is he playing without a contract?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see Russ to Houston.

Realistic trade is CP3 + 3 or 4 picks and swaps for Russ

Ideal trade for entertain value would be:

Russ for EG, Capella and Tucker

That would be awesome to watch those 3 try to play together. Knowing Morey, he is just crazy enough to try something like that.

Does OKC want Capella though with Adams?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat or Rockets have nothing to lose by bring in RW. If it doesn't work it's not a big deal, considering what they are doing now isn't working. The only thing is his contract tho

LMAO yeah just stuck with a John Wall type of deal if RW doesnt workout and fucked for the next 4-5 years...I guess that isnt a big deal to YOU

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO yeah just stuck with a John Wall type of deal if RW doesnt workout and fucked for the next 4-5 years...I guess that isnt a big deal to YOU

Teetering on the edge of a 7th-8th seed for the foreseeable future or be a perennial contender during that time frame. Which one do you pick? Lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking Wall in general, or his injury?

Players are injured every year.
RW has no injury history.
We know the talent is there.
Im sure the Heat would talk to him before trading for him.
If they didnt like his answers, they wouldnt pull the trigger.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Heat I'd much prefer to keep Bam

Winslow is a good basketball player but with Butler and Russ his value is somewhat reduced

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teetering on the edge of a 7th-8th seed for the foreseeable future or be a perennial contender during that time frame. Which one do you pick? Lol.

Cavs fans are brainwashed to only think years down the road.
Its like chasing a cloud.
You never get there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Heat I'd much prefer to keep Bam

Winslow is a good basketball player but with Butler and Russ his value is somewhat reduced

Yeah same here. I'm ok with losing Winslow for Russ. Assuming it would have to be Winslow, Dragic, and one more so the money can match.

Not ready to lose Bam

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're acting like Russ is a bad player. Russ been doing what he's been doing with shitty coaches and no real offensive philosophy for his entire career.

Like most big contracts, if you can get 3 good to great years and the last year is bad then you deal with it

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same here. I'm ok with losing Winslow for Russ. Assuming it would have to be Winslow, Dragic, and one more so the money can match.

Not ready to lose Bam

I KNOW its summer league, but Nunn also looks NBA ready.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like Russ is a bad player. Russ been doing what he's been doing with shitty coaches and no real offensive philosophy for his entire career.

Like most big contracts, if you can get 3 good to great years and the last year is bad then you deal with it

No reason, as of today, to think Russ wont still be the player he is now in 4 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking Wall in general, or his injury?

Players are injured every year.
RW has no injury history.
We know the talent is there.
Im sure the Heat would talk to him before trading for him.
If they didnt like his answers, they wouldnt pull the trigger.

I’m talking money wise. RW is in his 30’s and the way he plays the game he isnt getting younger/better. You think he would develop a better shot eventually but that hasnt worked out.

If he doesnt workout you are left with a huge contract that will only be harder to trade off the books...like Wall’s contract

We’ve seen RW play with a much better player than Butler...twice. They havent put many shootets around those two stars but still OKC had a lot of talent and still couldnt get it done.
Why would Jimmy Butler change things? Like you said the talent is there but if the Heat were to trade away Winslow and Herro, they wouldnt have much shooting. Plus they wouldnt have much in the backcourt like OKC did...Adams, Ibaka, Perkins. This isnt a better team than he had in the past that’s why I think the Heat would be better off waiting till next summer or 2021 for a big FA. If this was a team that could not attract FA’s than I would agree, you go trade for him and you sacrifice some young talent

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason, as of today, to think Russ wont still be the player he is now in 4 years.

The way they are talking about Russ you would think he is K-Love (pre lebron) where he put up crazy numbers and his teams never make the playoffs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking money wise. RW is in his 30’s and the way he plays the game he isnt getting younger/better. You think he would develop a better shot eventually but that hasnt worked out.

If he doesnt workout you are left with a huge contract that will only be harder to trade off the books...like Wall’s contract

We’ve seen RW play with a much better player than Butler...twice. They havent put many shootets around those two stars but still OKC had a lot of talent and still couldnt get it done.
Why would Jimmy Butler change things? Like you said the talent is there but if the Heat were to trade away Winslow and Herro, they wouldnt have much shooting. Plus they wouldnt have much in the backcourt like OKC did...Adams, Ibaka, Perkins. This isnt a better team than he had in the past that’s why I think the Heat would be better off waiting till next summer or 2021 for a big FA. If this was a team that could not attract FA’s than I would agree, you go trade for him and you sacrifice some young talent

Im against giving a several young pieces.
If its Winslow, Dragic, Leonard +/- , Im for it.

My guess is by next summer, or when needed, Riley wouid figure out how to add a 3rd star.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they are talking about Russ you would think he is K-Love (pre lebron) where he put up crazy numbers and his teams never make the playoffs

Im always of the belief that the Heat will make whoever the get, better players.