• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want you to see they drafted him becauseguess what? THEY FUCKING DRAFTED HIM!!!! LOL

they sucked, got ttop #5 pick, and drafted a guy to build around.

If that guy was not inMiami, that guy that they DRAFTED, they would have never been in position to TRADE for Shaq.

If Wade was DRAFTED by Miami to attract Lebron, LeBron NEVER GOES THERE.

Wade is the whole key to the only success they have ever had in their whole fucking history and its because they sucked and drafted him!!!!!!!

You do realize that the season we ended up sucking was due to Alonzo Mourning's kidney disease, yes? We were forced into that situation as we were geared to make a title run, until Zo went down. Yes, it did land us Wade. But we didn't go with the approach of, let us cower in the corner with our tails between our legs and let every team in the league beat the piss out of us so we could get better positioning in draft along with assets. We also happened to trade good players in Lamar Odom and Brian Grant later on for Shaq. I'm sure you're going to tell me that we should've waited until free agency and left enough room to sign Shaq to a max deal as well; similar to what you've stated with Butler.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

And yet, they are still a lot more likely to contend before the Cavs are despite all that.

The Heat have a rather large margin for error that small market teams frankly don’t.

Ding ding ding

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Heat arent rebuilding. ITs perpetual mediocrity. I dont know why you cant see that. They are operating this way becuase Riley doesnt have the time to do it the right way like he did when Wade was drafted.

You literally stated that the Spurs won't take because of Pop's last years as a coach. What's the difference here then?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great question.
Better question is why did Heat fans think Bosh was still on the books last season or the season prior? Or why did one think Gilbert was not at the 2011 lottery when he was there?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say that louder for the people in the back? Look at San Antonio for example. That team was making deep playoff runs for the last 15 years. They traded George Hill to Indiana for Kawhi Leonard.

It gets exhausting having these tired ass arguments where people keep saying you need to tank for draft picks. Not all teams have to take the same avenue. Yes, the previous roster over the last 2 years didn't exactly workout, injuries playing a significant factor. But hindsight's always 20/20.
I think the tired arguments are the ones where misinformation is used to make a point.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii > Kawhimare

I knew the Clippers were gonna get left holding their Dicks.

So, I wasn't even on the internet.

He's going to the Lakers.

So, I'm not sure what all this waiting is about.

I concur.....keep living your best life.....

I can't wait for tonight and this weekend....I will be incognito for most of that time.....if I hop on at all, it'll be briefly.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Kawhi is 100% yet.

He should take his time. This is a huge decision that will affect the entire league.

The Laker bench will be very thin.....all the good to great role players will be gone by the time he signs....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the season we ended up sucking was due to Alonzo Mourning's kidney disease, yes? We were forced into that situation as we were geared to make a title run, until Zo went down. Yes, it did land us Wade. But we didn't go with the approach of, let us cower in the corner with our tails between our legs and let every team in the league beat the piss out of us so we could get better positioning in draft along with assets. We also happened to trade good players in Lamar Odom and Brian Grant later on for Shaq. I'm sure you're going to tell me that we should've waited until free agency and left enough room to sign Shaq to a max deal as well; similar to what you've stated with Butler.
SA did this when Robinson went down....it worked.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: Brogdon/McConnell/Joseph
SG: Oladipo/Lamb
SF: Warren/McDermott
PF: Turner/Leaf
C: Sabonis/O'Quinn/Bitadze

That team is going to be a monster defensively. Its young, its athletic, it can switch just about anything, it has ball-handlers, shooters. It will be a very fun team to watch when Oladipo gets back. I am not big on taking big men that arent special high in the draft some im not suprised Bitadze fell, but where the Pacers got him was great value. Leaf, a former lotto pick, has had some time to devleop and I think is ready to become a legit stretch 4 off the bench.

Brogdon has just continued to get better and better. McConnell is a very solid player and Joseph remains one of the better backup PGs in the entire league. Lamb is in his prime and is a very solid player.
O'Quinn to Philly.....nb?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Laker bench will be very thin.....all the good to great role players will be gone by the time he signs....

The good to great role players were gone by July 1st

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading for Shaq put you over the top to contend for a title

trading for Jimmy Butler gives you an extra handful of wins and the same 1st round ass beating youd have received anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading for Shaq put you over the top to contend for a title

trading for Jimmy Butler gives you an extra handful of wins and the same 1st round ass beating youd have received anyway.

You do realize the Jimmy Butler trade wasn't made to be title contenders this year or next right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the tired arguments are the ones where misinformation is used to make a point.
liking trying to frame an argument as someone saying "all the picks after #5 suck"....thats when you know people are beat and just being disingenuous and acting butt hurt

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question is why did Heat fans think Bosh was still on the books last season or the season prior? Or why did one think Gilbert was not at the 2011 lottery when he was there?

I never said that Gilbert wasn't at the draft lottery.

Bosh's salary wasn't on the books last season. But it was up until the 2017-2018 season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah thats kind of my fucking point. LOL

Your point is silly.

We all knew that.

The Heat future plans is pretty obvious.

They were never trying to become title contenders for this season or next.

Once again, they have a plan in place.

Reactions: GNG