• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 1000%

Sick of cavs fans acting like it is problem with the heat way of rebuilding.

Different situations
the Heat arent rebuilding. ITs perpetual mediocrity. I dont know why you cant see that. They are operating this way becuase Riley doesnt have the time to do it the right way like he did when Wade was drafted.

Its akin to the Lakers situation with little Jimmy Buss- what was best for the franchise and what was best for little Jimmy did not align. Little Jimmy needed to do anything just to get in the playoffs- so he idiotically signed Mozgov and Deng hoping to limp in and save his job---- when the actual BEST thing for the franchise was to wait.

Its the same thing right now for the Heat. The only period of real success in the history of the Heat was around Dwade. They got Dwade how? Because they sucked, got a top 5 pick and ended with a big time super star. This half-assing hoping that all of a sudden a team with serious limitations becomes a something else is just delusional. Riley doesnt have the time to do it the right way, so he continues to try and straddle the line ---- trying his best not to take a step back while putting together a team that can contend and its simply never going to work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these valuable assets the heat sacrificed? Richardson who will never be as good as Butler? Or was it the mid to late 1st round pick that is LOTTERY PROTECTED until 2026?

Like the man or not, Butler is top 20 player in the league and one of the best 2 way players

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Kawhi is 100% yet.

He should take his time. This is a huge decision that will affect the entire league.
I think he wants to play buddy ball.

Put him on the Lakers and they smoke everyone if healthy.

But, he better demand a NTC....lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he wants to play buddy ball.

Put him on the Lakers and they smoke everyone if healthy.

But, he better demand a NTC....lol

He should demand a lot.

NYC, personnel training staff, unlimited load management days during regular season, a lap dance from Jack Nicholson, Lakers should give him whatever he wants.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these valuable assets the heat sacrificed? Richardson who will never be as good as Butler? Or was it the mid to late 1st round pick that is LOTTERY PROTECTED until 2026?

Like the man or not, Butler is top 20 player in the league and one of the best 2 way players
Yeah, they should have given Richardson up for Jimmy last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a guy on his 4th team in 5 years, with a ton of miles on him, who's contract will be a disaster in his later years right when the Heat wouldve had actual cap room to build around the young guys.

All Riley had to do was wait another 2 years from all his mistakes to come off the books, and to bring in a real-in-his-prime star to play around Winslow, Richarson, Bam, Herro and whoever else they drafted in the next year or two.

Instead, they will prob win an extra 3-4 games then they would have anyway and still get their brains beat in during the first round of the playoffs- and thats if things dont go wrong and they miss them completely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Heat Fans.

Hopefully Butler will flourish.

Confused why they didn't do that deal last year.

I love what Utah did.

Lol @the Knicks and Clippers.

Big get for the Heat.

Utah is going to be a threat, even if the Lakers get Kawhi and I think they may well be the favorite if he stays in Toronto.

Things started falling apart for the Knicks (and to a lesser extent the Clippers) when AD got hurt.

The one thing I'm curious about is that I thought the Clips had room for 2 max guys, but I didn't hear about them going after anyone but Kawhi. Now, not having a 2nd star is said to be why it looks like he's not going to the Clips.

Not sure why they didn't try to get someone else first?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree signing Butler was a must if he wanted to come aboard.......but wouldn't have been nice to be able to have simply added him to a couple young, high picks? Maybe someone from the last 2 drafts?

you want to say the Heat don't NEED to tank? OK. But with hindsight I don't get why you cannot see you'd likely be in better shape now and moving forward if they had.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

Can we end this debate already?

It is like the biggest apples to oranges comparison ever.

Teams like the Cavs have to build a core through the draft and invest in future assets before they have any chance of signing/trading for the types of players that can help them compete beyond NBA purgatory.

The Heat do not. The cost of teams like the Heat taking the anti-tank approach is minimal. Because as soon as they clear their books they are threats to reload with big name free agents. The Heat do not have to rely on building through the draft, or “tanking” if you will.

And for every example of a non-destination market to find sustained success like the Warriors and Spurs, guess where their runs started? By building a core of players/tradable assets through the draft.
how did the Heat get Wade? Did they sign him? Why did LeBron go to Miami? Why were the Heat in position to take advantage of TRADING for Shaq?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Heat Fans.

Hopefully Butler will flourish.

Confused why they didn't do that deal last year.

I love what Utah did.

Lol @the Knicks and Clippers.
Good question, but possible Minnesota liked Philly's offer better? Also love what Utah did and everyone should laugh at NY. LAC? Even if they lose out on Kawhi can't blame them for trying.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for the Heat.

Utah I going to be a threat, even if the Lakers get Kawhi and I think they may well be the favorite if he stays in Toronto.

Things started falling apart for the Knicks (and to a lesser extent the Clippers) when AD got hurt.

The one thing I'm curious about is that I thought the Clips had room for 2 max guys, but I didn't hear about them going after anyone but Kawhi. Now, not having a 2nd star is said to be why it looks like he's not going to the Clips.

They had the means to get to two max.

Either renounce everyone or trade Gallo.

They are keeping Beverley, probably Green too.

So, they are dangling 1st rounders to a team that's willing to eat the last year of Gallo.

They have like 5 or 6 of them over the next 2 years

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

And yet, they are still a lot more likely to contend before the Cavs are despite all that.

The Heat have a rather large margin for error that small market teams frankly don’t.
Maybe....but if they contend it will be because of market, not FO smarts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guy on his 4th team in 5 years, with a ton of miles on him, who's contract will be a disaster in his later years right when the Heat wouldve had actual cap room to build around the young guys.

All Riley had to do was wait another 2 years from all his mistakes to come off the books, and to bring in a real-in-his-prime star to play around Winslow, Richarson, Bam, Herro and whoever else they drafted in the next year or two.

Instead, they will prob win an extra 3-4 games then they would have anyway and still get their brains beat in during the first round of the playoffs- and thats if things dont go wrong and they miss them completely.

You're acting like 34 is super old. Most top players still perform close to a high level in their early 30s but we get it wiggy. You hate Jimmy Butler and you think he is a horrible basketball player

And quit acting like Philly and Minny didn't want him. Butler wanted out of Minnesota because wiggins is a lazy piece of shit and Philly offered him the max contract.

Stop acting like those teams didn't want him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did the Heat get Wade? Did they sign him? Why did LeBron go to Miami? Why were the Heat in position to take advantage of TRADING for Shaq?

Obviously because they had cap space.

I am not saying the Heat have been managed smartly the last few years.

What I am saying is that all of it will be a distant memory once they have cap space again.

And they don’t have to build through the draft like the Cavs do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like 34 is super old. Most top players still perform close to a high level in their early 30s but we get it wiggy. You hate Jimmy Butler and you think he is a horrible basketball player

And quit acting like Philly and Minny didn't want him. Butler wanted out of Minnesota because wiggins is a lazy piece of shit and Philly offered him the max contract.

Stop acting like those teams didn't want him
most players dont perform well at that age---- and Jimmy Butler has more miles on him than the average player. LEBron is a freak and a rare exception to the rule, but the vast majority of guys definitely start taking a step back AND becoming more injury prone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for the Heat.

Utah I going to be a threat, even if the Lakers get Kawhi and I think they may well be the favorite if he stays in Toronto.

The only road to Kawhi was Butler.

He was dead set on getting to Miami.

Clippers only have a hail Mary's chance of getting a real look of they give away the farm in a trade.

But, for who?

Anyone who would turn Kawhi's head is unattainable.

So, the Clippers are gonna offer Jamychal Green, Marcus Morris big one year offers.

If I'm a free agent, I'd take 2 mil from the Lakers over 8 from the Clippers to get a ring, if you get Kawhi.