• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree signing Butler was a must if he wanted to come aboard.......but wouldn't have been nice to be able to have simply added him to a couple young, high picks? Maybe someone from the last 2 drafts?

you want to say the Heat don't NEED to tank? OK. But with hindsight I don't get why you cannot see you'd likely be in better shape now and moving forward if they had.

Likely my ass. Don't get me that on laptop so i can list all the awful 1st round picks the last 2-3 seasons

You and Wiggy really need to stop acting like having a first round pick guarantees anything. More than half of the first round picks turn out to be bust yearly now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously because they had cap space.

I am not saying the Heat have been managed smartly the last few years.

What I am saying is that all of it will be a distant memory once they have cap space again.

And they don’t have to build through the draft like the Cavs do.
what?!

how did the Heat get Dwayne Wade? Why did LeBron go to the Heat? Why were they in position to win when they TRADED For shaq?

please, think this out for a second and use some actual thought. Cap space is CERTAINLY not the fucking answer

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously because they had cap space.

I am not saying the Heat have been managed smartly the last few years.

What I am saying is that all of it will be a distant memory once they have cap space again.

And they don’t have to build through the draft like the Cavs do.
No, they don't have to......but with hindsight doesn't it seem like they should have? Could have had high picks last year and this one and added Butler to the mix without losing future picks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like 34 is super old. Most top players still perform close to a high level in their early 30s but we get it wiggy. You hate Jimmy Butler and you think he is a horrible basketball player

And quit acting like Philly and Minny didn't want him. Butler wanted out of Minnesota because wiggins is a lazy piece of shit and Philly offered him the max contract.

Stop acting like those teams didn't want him
Clippers, Sixers clearly wanted him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely my ass. Don't get me that on laptop so i can list all the awful 1st round picks the last 2-3 seasons

You and Wiggy really need to stop acting like having a first round pick guarantees anything. More than half of the first round picks turn out to be bust yearly now
But your team is adept at drafting. Seems reasonable if they can hit on picks in the teens (albeit not gamechangers) maybe they could get studs in the top 5?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn’t matter now but unless I missed it Woj has not retracted his statement that the sixers were not even willing to give Butler a 4 year max, much less a super max deal. Based on what they have done with their signings it seems to me they knew he was not going to be on the team. Just calling it like I see it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious....I do like him, but was all the Herro love here before his 2-11 performance from 3 yesterday? Wouldn't read much into it, but also wouldn't get too excited over summer league either.

Of course, better our guys play well than not.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Heat Fans.

Hopefully Butler will flourish.

Confused why they didn't do that deal last year.

I love what Utah did.

Lol @the Knicks and Clippers.
What is the problem with the Clippers?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious....I do like him, but was all the Herro love here before his 2-11 performance from 3 yesterday? Wouldn't read much into it, but also wouldn't get too excited over summer league either.

Of course, better our guys play well than not.

Finding a way to still score 20 points while shooting 2-11 shows he's much more than just a shooter but I agree about not getting excited about summer league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?!

how did the Heat get Dwayne Wade? Why did LeBron go to the Heat? Why were they in position to win when they TRADED For shaq?

please, think this out for a second and use some actual thought. Cap space is CERTAINLY not the fucking answer

Yep still an asshole.

You want me to say Wade in the draft.

Which is partially true.

Wade was a FA that summer too. If the Heat has empty books they could have signed all 3 anyway.

And if the Heat empty their books in 2021, they could have 2 max slots to pair with Butler.

They do not have to bottom out, as evidence by the LeBron and Bosh signings, along with the fact Butler went their despite multiple more competitive options.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they should have given Richardson up for Jimmy last year.

We tried. Basically offer Minnesota the same deal but they rejected. Minnesota actually had a better offer. I think KO (who would be perfect next to Towns) was included as well.

Think it was Richardson, future first rounder, and Kelly for Butler

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep still an asshole.

Which is partially true.

Wade was a FA that summer too. If the Heat has empty books they could have signed all 3 anyway.

And if the Heat empty their books in 2021, they could have 2 max slots to pair with Butler.

They do not have to bottom out, as evidence by the LeBron and Bosh signings, along with the fact Butler went their despite multiple more competitive options.
I want you to see they drafted him becauseguess what? THEY FUCKING DRAFTED HIM!!!! LOL

they sucked, got ttop #5 pick, and drafted a guy to build around.

If that guy was not inMiami, that guy that they DRAFTED, they would have never been in position to TRADE for Shaq.

If Wade wasnt DRAFTED by Miami to attract Lebron, LeBron NEVER GOES THERE.

Wade is the whole key to the only success they have ever had in their whole fucking history and its because they sucked and drafted him!!!!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats the snot outta being a doormat...

I'm sure @Bolts would.

I'm ok with losing for maybe 2-3 seasons or so but when it starts approaching nearly 10 years of losing and missing out on the playoffs? Yeah I'll pass

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats the snot outta being a doormat...

Can you say that louder for the people in the back? Look at San Antonio for example. That team was making deep playoff runs for the last 15 years. They traded George Hill to Indiana for Kawhi Leonard.

It gets exhausting having these tired ass arguments where people keep saying you need to tank for draft picks. Not all teams have to take the same avenue. Yes, the previous roster over the last 2 years didn't exactly workout, injuries playing a significant factor. But hindsight's always 20/20.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep still an asshole.

Which is partially true.

Yep and it is no secret what the Heat plan is. Get another top FA in 2021 and try to make a title run at that time.