• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we find out he leaves Toronto, it's over.
If he stays in Toronto and makes his decision, it's over.

I would be shocked if he made it back to the states and then announced he was signing with Toronto and I would be shocked if he stayed in Toronto and said he was joining the Lakers. Pretty obvious stuff though.

I think he's making his decision tomorrow. Just my gut feeling.

*After that, he'll announce in the next 5 minutes.*

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's making his decision tomorrow. Just my gut feeling.

*After that, he'll announce in the next 5 minutes.*

But if he announces it tomorrow isn't it obvious who he is picking? I mean it's the 4th of July, if it isn't an American team it wouldn't make any sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's been, what, 3-4 years since Bosh could help them?

Bosh last played in the 2015-2016 season. His salary was off the books a year later. We had the cap space finally 2 years ago. And we then signed guys that at the time looked like good fits together. Then injuries plagued the team like Dragic and Waiter being out for portions of the season where others had to pick up the slack and we didn't sustain the same level of success.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why did the Suns just trade Josh Jackson? Where's Anthony Bennett these days? Why did the Kings not retain WCS (drafted 6th)? Why is Jahlil Okhafor on his 3rd team and basically a bench player?

What pick was Paul George drafted with? Kawhi Leonard? Did VanFleet even get drafted?

The reason I bring this up, is that there's no sure-fire guarantee in success of a lotto pick. There's a litany of busts in the top 5 range that have occurred in the last decade. As a fan, I'd be pissed to go through a shit season, have a top 5 lotto pick, and that guy not panning out at the professional level.

It's clear from your end that I'm not grasping any of your arguments or counters. Miami doesn't have to go the way that Cleveland does. I think we've established that and should end the topic.
does Miami have to? Nope. But seems like they'd be in better position now if they had.

and no one ever said you also didn't need a competent FO hitting on their high picks....please tell me you realize given the choice even the best of the best FOs would much rather have a high pick than not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not have.

Colts system was built entirely around the QB and the vertical passing game. When they lost Manning, the offense cratered and they tanked.

Luck was able to do a lot of the same things, and they were good again.
sure, no guarantee, but pretty sure most teams could figure out how to win with that version of Manning (or a healthy Luck).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Miami have to? Nope. But seems like they'd be in better position now if they had.

and no one ever said you also didn't need a competent FO hitting on their high picks....please tell me you realize given the choice even the best of the best FOs would much rather have a high pick than not.

Anybody would like high draft picks. I just don't see the point in saying, well, we're not going to win a title. Let's try to lose 60 games this year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Cousins to the Spurs??? Rumor-level stuff...but it would be a solid fit for both sides

The SPURS are fucking loaded to the rim with young talent. There hasnt been this much young talent, since ....ever.

They just need capable veterans like Aldridge/Derozan/Gay and maybe Cousins to WIN and DEVELOP in the short term.
I like it, even if its just a rumor level thread without much traction right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an outlier does not prove a point.

Yet, you keep bringing up how Cleveland won a title by going with the tanking plan, which led to alluring Lebron to come back which we agree was a legacy move. So wouldn't that scenario meet the very definition of an outlier.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh last played in the 2015-2016 season. His salary was off the books a year later. We had the cap space finally 2 years ago. And we then signed guys that at the time looked like good fits together. Then injuries plagued the team like Dragic and Waiter being out for portions of the season where others had to pick up the slack and we didn't sustain the same level of success.
and those were bad signings. No way they should have expected a title run or anything close. Dragic and waiters? You serious? Teams have lost far better than them and still had tremendous success.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Cousins to the Spurs??? Rumor-level stuff...but it would be a solid fit for both sides

The SPURS are fucking loaded to the rim with young talent. There hasnt been this much young talent, since ....ever.

They just need capable veterans like Aldridge/Derozan/Gay and maybe Cousins to WIN and DEVELOP in the short term.
I like it, even if its just a rumor level thread without much traction right now.

Keep fucking forgetting about the Spurs. Yeah, you guys will probably make noise this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and those were bad signings. No way they should have expected a title run or anything close. Dragic and waiters? You serious? Teams have lost far better than them and still had tremendous success.

Start naming these situations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man really doesn't get it. It's getting embarrassing having to repeat this fact Every. Single. Time.
says the guy who thinks the loss of waiters and Dragic is just too much for any team to overcome?

He's been off the books a few years. You will be another year past next year and still don't look close to being an East contender.