• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning? don't be silly. Sure they would.....especially if they did it without signing middling players and had cap room.

You think it's coincidence the Colts were 12-4 with Manning, then 1-15 when he left? Then 11-5 with Luck?

Bad analogy as the NFL is driven by QB play; if you have a great roster and mediocre QB, you're screwed. The Colts were lucky they had Peyton Manning as he covered up a lot of flaws on the team. You saw how horrible they had drafted once their starting QB was out, hence why they fired their GM after that 1-15 season. My point being, you can't stack a roster full of talent and expect to go from bottom of the league to Super Bowl contender in 1 year like you can in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when's the next Lebron coming out of Cleveland? Because let's be real, if Lebron wasn't from Cleveland, I seriously doubt that he goes back. It was a legacy decision on why he decided to go back to enhance his brand.

And I have 3 separate images that I can use to backup my opinion.
Fabulous, but you asked why I had faith and I told you.

I don't doubt if he was not from here he probably doesn't return. But he is and he did....and it was not possible in all liklihood without "earning" the Kyrie pick and having the cap space and assets to bring him back and trade for Love

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fabulous, but you asked why I had faith and I told you.

I don't doubt if he was not from here he probably doesn't return. But he is and he did....and it was not possible in all liklihood without "earning" the Kyrie pick and having the cap space and assets to bring him back and trade for Love

So, basically any team can use this blueprint for success?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding
Agree they don't need to, but they do need to have cap space to attract an elite FA and not give up a quality player/pick......and when they have said stud FA wouldn't it be nice to pair him with players taken in the top 5 as opposed to the teens, especially for a team like yours who seem to be pretty good in the draft?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi announces in the next couple hours it is Toronto.

He would not be able to safely announce LA while still in Canada

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad analogy as the NFL is driven by QB play; if you have a great roster and mediocre QB, you're screwed. The Colts were lucky they had Peyton Manning as he covered up a lot of flaws on the team. You saw how horrible they had drafted once their starting QB was out, hence why they fired their GM after that 1-15 season. My point being, you can't stack a roster full of talent and expect to go from bottom of the league to Super Bowl contender in 1 year like you can in the NBA.
Then the bad analogy was yours. You were the one who implied adding Manning would not have been a huge help and turned a bad team into a division winner.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi announces in the next couple hours it is Toronto.

He would not be able to safely announce LA while still in Canada

Yeah the fact they are talking about him announcing now makes no sense unless he goes back to Toronto

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....maybe he isn't deciding now lolzzz

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically any team can use this blueprint for success?
sure but they need to nail their high picks. could you find elite players lower? Of course, but more likely near top of draft.

Here's a Q for you....even being from NE Ohio, does Lebron return with no Kyrie and no assets to use to get Love? also no cap room to pay him?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree they don't need to, but they do need to have cap space to attract an elite FA and not give up a quality player/pick......and when they have said stud FA wouldn't it be nice to pair him with players taken in the top 5 as opposed to the teens, especially for a team like yours who seem to be pretty good in the draft?

So why did the Suns just trade Josh Jackson? Where's Anthony Bennett these days? Why did the Kings not retain WCS (drafted 6th)? Why is Jahlil Okhafor on his 3rd team and basically a bench player?

What pick was Paul George drafted with? Kawhi Leonard? Did VanFleet even get drafted?

The reason I bring this up, is that there's no sure-fire guarantee in success of a lotto pick. There's a litany of busts in the top 5 range that have occurred in the last decade. As a fan, I'd be pissed to go through a shit season, have a top 5 lotto pick, and that guy not panning out at the professional level.

It's clear from your end that I'm not grasping any of your arguments or counters. Miami doesn't have to go the way that Cleveland does. I think we've established that and should end the topic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the bad analogy was yours. You were the one who implied adding Manning would not have been a huge help and turned a bad team into a division winner.

Might not have.

Colts system was built entirely around the QB and the vertical passing game. When they lost Manning, the offense cratered and they tanked.

Luck was able to do a lot of the same things, and they were good again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Toronto fans appreciate all of those years of tanking, then immediately winning a title.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he isn't a choice in that scenario. He is dead for all that we know or never existed lol
He'd get the scoop from beyond the grave. Might even help him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we find out he leaves Toronto, it's over.
If he stays in Toronto and makes his decision, it's over.

I would be shocked if he made it back to the states and then announced he was signing with Toronto and I would be shocked if he stayed in Toronto and said he was joining the Lakers. Pretty obvious stuff though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I said about tanking was that the Cavs had no choice because the cupboard was bare when Lebron left...

and that Miami had no reason because they still had D-Wade and Bosh.

So what does whether not tanking is a better way to go have to do with it?
But it's been, what, 3-4 years since Bosh could help them?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not have.

Colts system was built entirely around the QB and the vertical passing game. When they lost Manning, the offense cratered and they tanked.

Luck was able to do a lot of the same things, and they were good again.

Yeah, the point I was trying to get at is that you can't simply plug in a talented player on an NFL roster and it bringing a great deal of success. Team fit, system, and coaching play a much more critical role; not saying talent isn't needed either. In the NBA, I could take Lebron and AD, move them over to Phoenix and they may possibly come out of the West. You can't do that in football.