• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man really doesn't get it. It's getting embarrassing having to repeat this fact Every. Single. Time.
I think what's embarrassing is a Heat fan thought his deal just came off the books this offseason.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj on SC (summary): Might have a decision tonight or July 4th. Made it sound like this was the 1st meeting with Toronto that was planned. Said met with both LA teams the last 2 days, flew to Toronto for this meeting and we all knew Toronto had the last pitch.

Basically, NO NEW INFORMATION

My god this is getting ridiculous. I get it, its a big decision. He doesn't owe us fans anything. But for a guy so quiet and non attention seeking, he sure doesn't mind having the biggest NBA version of The Bachelor since Lebron 2010

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems his deal came off the books 2 years ago.

Chris Bosh, Miami Heat reportedly have a tentative agreement to part ways

Certainly didn't just come off, did it?

2017-18
heat.png
$25,289,390
2018-19
heat.png
$26,837,720

This is the first offseason without that dead cap from Spotrac

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start naming these situations.
Cavs were without Kyrie until Christmas in their title season. Love has missed a number of games. CP has missed considerable time, as well. Hell, Brogdon is probably better than Waiters and he missed a number of games last year. By choice, but Kawhi missed 20ish.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj on SC (summary): Might have a decision tonight or July 4th. Made it sound like this was the 1st meeting with Toronto that was planned. Said met with both LA teams the last 2 days, flew to Toronto for this meeting and we all knew Toronto had the last pitch.

Basically, NO NEW INFORMATION

My god this is getting ridiculous. I get it, its a big decision. He doesn't owe us fans anything. But for a guy so quiet and non attention seeking, he sure doesn't mind having the biggest NBA version of The Bachelor since Lebron 2010

I have mixed feelings. I think he really cares about how the organization and how it's run. I heard rumors that IF Magic was still in the Lakers organization he would already be a Laker. He is kinda blowing this out of proportion but not really, it's only the 3rd. Everyone blew that SA shit out of proportion too...I don't have a problem with it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Kawhi goes back to Toronto, the Clippers, FC Barcelona; I hope the Lakers use that cap space to overpay Danny Green (I'm talking like 18 mil; whatever is high enough to steer him away from Toronto and Dallas), use the rest on Boogie, and fill the rest of the spots with vet min guys. It's the best move. It's also their only move but still.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers looking to trade for Kevin Love

They need to bring a star to LA to entice Kawhi to go there.

They better give the Cavs back SGA or Shamet along with Gallinari

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, cool. Let me know when Cleveland's back in the Finals. Guarantee it'll go past 6 years, bud.
OK, bud, but I've never thought the Cavs would get to the Finals any time soon. Have often said I'm resigned to the fact I wont see it happening.

Of course, the cavs don't have the lure of South Beach to attract a FA. Know who does?

That's your reply to making the foolish statement about how tough it must have been to overcome the loss of Dion waiters?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to bring a star to LA to entice Kawhi to go there.

They better give the Cavs back SGA or Shamet along with Gallinari

I hope the Lakers crap-out on the Kawhi sweepstakes. Fuck them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? At this point, I kinda hope he just start fucking with everyone. So after this Toronto meeting, he gets back in his plane and flies to Miami. People would lose their shit. WHAT DOES IT MEAN! But in reality, he's just kicking on South Beach. Then he flies back home to make a decision

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So then what's your overall point? It's clear from conversations with @bksballer89 , @TurnUpTheHeat and I that we're find in the direction our team goes. If the consumer is happy, what's the point in saying that we should be tanking?

I think the Heat are in good shape - Winslow and Bam are developing fine. We got Jimmy Butler and Herro looks like he's doing good so far. Will we win a title this year or next? More than likely not. But at least we have some things to look forward to. And as a fan I'm happy that I didn't have to sit through a horrid season.
sitting through a horrid season does suck.....but then you realize it might be a way to avoid purgatory as long as the Heat has. But if you like purgatory, I wont try and change your opinion there.