• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of his 45, 46, 47 yard kicks have PLENTY of room. He could easily made 50 yarders.
Lol a kicker highlight reel? Are there any onside kicks in there? If not I’m not playing that lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition breeds improvements because everyone wants to be better than the next guy. I'll never get mad at bringing in competition.
Me neither. I’m def glad it’s someone! Same with the Punter. Don’t know anything about either, but glad they were brought in.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol a kicker highlight reel? Are there any onside kicks in there? If not I’m not playing that lol

Nope, just a bunch of 40-50 yard FGs with plenty of room to spare.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they would release Matakevich. But Dirty Red’s ST prowess must have been his saving grace. But with 2 new rookies in the fold I hoped they could replace those ST roles.

I think Dirty Red is going to go into camp with his job on the line, but should survive until then.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dirty Red is going to go into camp with his job on the line, but should survive until then.
I just don’t understand how they feel comfortable with Red. He showed to be completely underwhelming in a starting role. Got demoted so many times he is strictly a STer. That should be easily replaced.

Cutting Bostic probably saved them a little money. But can’t imagine it was much.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best article to boast about him. But it’s very contradictory to what most scouting reports read. Not really sure the author of this article did much homework, or the scouting reports were bogus. Wouldn’t be surprised at either.

FWIW, the Heath Miller anecdote was fun but absurd to draw a relation from. Heath was a 1st Rd talent. This kid was being touted as a possible UDFA.

I’ll always trust the Steelers, but this was a strange pick considering all the TEs with higher grades that were still available. His size is tantalizing, but hope he’s got the hands or he’ll make a quick exit.

Ease up there champ.
I'm sure they wouldn't of grabbed him if there were doubts.
He's been at the position for a short period of time, he understands the position from a qb perspective, which will help in a big way. His numbers don't seem to be bad at all for the short time he's played. I think Pittsburgh can really mood this kid into something good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ease up there champ.
I'm sure they wouldn't of grabbed him if there were doubts.
He's been at the position for a short period of time, he understands the position from a qb perspective, which will help in a big way. His numbers don't seem to be bad at all for the short time he's played. I think Pittsburgh can really mood this kid into something good.
I hope so!

I have heard and seen lots of different things about these draft picks, but one resounding truth has been said about all... from former coaches, scouts, teammates, etc... they are all high character locker room guys. Definitely get the feel the last few years that they are going after a different sort of character in these prospects and it’s starting to become the norm.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t understand how they feel comfortable with Red. He showed to be completely underwhelming in a starting role. Got demoted so many times he is strictly a STer. That should be easily replaced.

Cutting Bostic probably saved them a little money. But can’t imagine it was much.

After the dead $ hit, I think Bostic saves a mil or little over...I just didn’t see a role for him aside from backup Buck...agree on Dirty...he’s had chances to shine and didn’t...will be tough for him to make the 53 if either of these LB have strong ST ability.

But...they like somebody with experience on ST and if he can still produce, that helps...DHB is a good example..tacked on 3 yrs to his career basically being that guy.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so!

I have heard and seen lots of different things about these draft picks, but one resounding truth has been said about all... from former coaches, scouts, teammates, etc... they are all high character locker room guys. Definitely get the feel the last few years that they are going after a different sort of character in these prospects and it’s starting to become the norm.

But but but Tomlin said he was going to make it better.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so!

With my limited knowledge on this I wouldn’t say this is absolute, but most of the time on these obscure type signing, later in rounds they are going on the position coach that scouted him.

My guess is that’s the case here...James Daniels had some good things to say about him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Snell coming in and will become the RB2 and Samuel the third option and 1st option if Conner is hurt. Basically Snell will have his specific role and most weeks have more attempts than Samuel.

As for the Gentry it was basically the later round TE we assumed they would take. They had a chance for better but used it on Snell but honestly if can catch the ball it is fine by me. He can't block but is supposed to be a great route runner, not that Jesse James could block either but the ability to run good routes/catch the ball he should stick around.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...I really like the Justin Layne pick. Even though he is more an outside db, if he works out it will free them up from having to resign Joe Haden so they can use that money elsewhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Snell coming in and will become the RB2 and Samuel the third option and 1st option if Conner is hurt. Basically Snell will have his specific role and most weeks have more attempts than Samuel.

As for the Gentry it was basically the later round TE we assumed they would take. They had a chance for better but used it on Snell but honestly if can catch the ball it is fine by me. He can't block but is supposed to be a great route runner, not that Jesse James could block either but the ability to run good routes/catch the ball he should stick around.
Being a former QB he should know exactly what routes to run. Especially zone routes where you settle in or body up. Knowing what the QB sees while running a route is a good advantage. Ben is going to love that aspect of his game.
BTW...I really like the Justin Layne pick. Even though he is more an outside db, if he works out it will free them up from having to resign Joe Haden so they can use that money elsewhere.
There’s something about former WRs turned CB that really translates well to the NFL. Layne seems to have a good cerebral game. He’s got great speed too. Being able to track WRs without grabbing will give him a leg up over the competition. However our defensive coaches don’t seem to always put the best DBs on the field.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a former QB he should know exactly what routes to run. Especially zone routes where you settle in or body up. Knowing what the QB sees while running a route is a good advantage. Ben is going to love that aspect of his game.

There’s something about former WRs turned CB that really translates well to the NFL. Layne seems to have a good cerebral game. He’s got great speed too. Being able to track WRs without grabbing will give him a leg up over the competition. However our defensive coaches don’t seem to always put the best DBs on the field.

For the Steelers hopefully that means one that can catch a ball!