• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been rumored before, rumors that Cavs love Barrett and would inquire about moving up to 3. All rumors though.

Yeah next year's first or attach that JR Smith valuable contract with their 5th and 26th pick and take back salary from the Knicks...like I said though, rumors.

That's not close to the Hawks potential offer though, IMO, or really what the Knicks need (maybe next year's 1st, but not the others). Knicks don't have any troublesome contracts left to move.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not close to the Hawks potential offer though, IMO, or really what the Knicks need (maybe next year's 1st, but not the others). Knicks don't have any troublesome contracts left to move.

The plan is to get KD and Kyrie. They have a ton of PG's, they don't need all of them. Next years 1st would be plenty. It isn't to the level of the trade last year but that is just a start. They have a late 1st round pick and they could even flip the JR Smith contract for another possible late 1st round pick this year. They have the assets, it's just how valuable is that pick to the Knicks and who are they high on in this draft. If they don't think RJ is going to be a stud they can afford to trade down and get a Cam Reddish, a shooter, around their plan of KD + Kyrie

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan is to get KD and Kyrie. They have a ton of PG's, they don't need all of them. Next years 1st would be plenty. It isn't to the level of the trade last year but that is just a start. They have a late 1st round pick and they could even flip the JR Smith contract for another possible late 1st round pick this year. They have the assets, it's just how valuable is that pick to the Knicks and who are they high on in this draft. If they don't think RJ is going to be a stud they can afford to trade down and get a Cam Reddish, a shooter, around their plan of KD + Kyrie

They don't need all of them, but they also don't need help moving guys like Ntilikina or DSJ (Mudiay is a free agent - RFA). The only guaranteed contracts on their roster right now are Ntilikina, DSJ, Knox, and Robinson. They will most likely pick up Trier's option at $3.5M as well, if not others (depending on cap space left after any major FA signings).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need all of them, but they also don't need help moving guys like Ntilikina or DSJ (Mudiay is a free agent - RFA). The only guaranteed contracts on their roster right now are Ntilikina, DSJ, Knox, and Robinson. They will most likely pick up Trier's option at $3.5M as well, if not others (depending on cap space left after any major FA signings).

The Cavs don't need to take back players in the deal, the deal can strictly be just picks involved but taking back Frank or DSJ could be an option. They don't need 3 PG's in their plan. Either way the Cavs could work out a deal IF THEY WANT THAT PICK DESPERATELY ENOUGH, but not likely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lonzow...suns-bulls-anthony-davis-nba-draft-picks/amp/

If this is true, this puts the Laker offer in front of anyone right now. If the Pelicans like Ball so much they might just ask the Lakers to not trade him for one lf those picks (6 or 7) and just include him in the trade

It's "the lying season" so I take everything with a grain of salt. But there was apparent interest from both the Suns and the Bulls earlier in the season.

I don't know a lot about the Bulls roster, but I've been saying all along that Lonzo makes a lot of sense for the Suns. The Suns have a lot of guys who can score, but they don't have anyone to distribute the ball to them. Lonzo would solve that problem.

If I'm Pelinka, I'm on the phone to Griffin saying "Do you want Lonzo or another lottery pick to go with the #4 pick?" and then making a move (or not) based on that answer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "the lying season" so I take everything with a grain of salt. But there was apparent interest from both the Suns and the Bulls earlier in the season.

I don't know a lot about the Bulls roster, but I've been saying all along that Lonzo makes a lot of sense for the Suns. The Suns have a lot of guys who can score, but they don't have anyone to distribute the ball to them. Lonzo would solve that problem.

If I'm Pelinka, I'm on the phone to Griffin saying "Do you want Lonzo or another lottery pick to go with the #4 pick?" and then making a move (or not) based on that answer.
Do the Pelicans really want 3 top ten picks now?

That's a lot to develop at once.

Sounds like an awful lot of losing for a couple of years, as well... how would an unbalanced (young) roster handle that... ?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like an awful lot of losing for a couple of years, as well... how would an unbalanced (young) roster handle that... ?

That's why I ask the Pels what they want.

Maybe they are willing to take their lumps for a couple of years and hope the players can handle it understanding that they're going to get their collective asses kicked for a couple of seasons?

Maybe they use the picks or 1 or 2 of them in another deal?

Or, maybe the Pels would rather just have Ball?

Shaping up to be a pretty interesting off-season. They just need to get the finals out of the way. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I ask the Pels what they want.

Maybe they are willing to take their lumps for a couple of years and hope the players can handle it understanding that they're going to get their collective asses kicked for a couple of seasons?

Maybe they use the picks or 1 or 2 of them in another deal?

Or, maybe the Pels would rather just have Ball?
No offense, but these all don't seem like opportunities to drool over... especially if the Pel's could get Barrett or Tatum as an alternative.
tf12 said:
Shaping up to be a pretty interesting off-season. They just need to get the finals out of the way. lol
Yep. :plotting:

It's nice to have the level of uncertainty that exists out there... makes it fun.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but these all don't seem like opportunities to drool over... especially if the Pel's could get Barrett or Tatum as an alternative.

It's nice to have the level of uncertainty that exists out there... makes it fun.

Not sure why Tatum is something to drool over. He isnt much better than a healthy Ingram and he took a step back.
Barrett has proved nothing, he could be a bust. Getting players where they know will fit a role in mind makes more sense. They probably like Ball bc they know he is a first pass guy next to a scoring guard in Holiday, if they could develop his shot it’s a plus but the fit is there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the the other problem is neither this year, nor next year's draft project to be all that strong.

If the Lakers got the #3 pick I'd say it'd be close to a slam dunk they land Brow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem for the Celtics is Kyrie, imo. If he doesn't re-sign, then I doubt the Celtics include Tatum.

Plus, if AD tells them he's not staying, do they want to give up Tatum for a likely 1 year rental? I wouldn't unless I don't think he's going to be the star he's been projected to be. If that's the case, other teams may feel the same, making him less valuable.

Yeah, trying to figure out what speculation is reality based and what is fantasy based is a blast.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Tatum is something to drool over. He isnt much better than a healthy Ingram and he took a step back.
At the risk of being labelled a homer, I'm going to scoff at such simple "analysis" that make Tatum and Ingram the same thing.

Tatum has shown more in the biggest moments (playoffs) than Ingram could dream about. And there are clear and obvious reasons that Tatum saw a role shift this past season... Hayward coming back being the most notable, along with Kyrie taking the lead role in the playoffs.

Looking at the Celtics this past season and saying "Tatum took a step back" is just soft stuff.
Shane said:
Barrett has proved nothing, he could be a bust.
I don't disagree. But I do somewhat get the appeal of uniting the two college mates and buddies, even if I think this angle is talked up a bit much.
Shane said:
Getting players where they know will fit a role in mind makes more sense. They probably like Ball bc they know he is a first pass guy next to a scoring guard in Holiday, if they could develop his shot it’s a plus but the fit is there.
With the holes in this game and personal baggage, I simply have a lot of trouble believing that teams are clamoring over Ball's services.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's gotten interesting. After last years playoffs, even as a Lakers fan, I would have taken Tatum over Ingram.

But Tatum appeared to take a step back while Ingram was playing at an all star level when he got hurt.

If a team believes that Tatum's step back was because of Kyrie being in the mix, then he may still hold more value than Ingram.

But if they don't think Kyrie was the reason for the step back, then Ingram would probably be considered more valuable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of being labelled a homer, I'm going to scoff at such simple "analysis" that make Tatum and Ingram the same thing.

Tatum has shown more in the biggest moments (playoffs) than Ingram could dream about. And there are clear and obvious reasons that Tatum saw a role shift this past season... Hayward coming back being the most notable, along with Kyrie taking the lead role in the playoffs.

Looking at the Celtics this past season and saying "Tatum took a step back" is just soft stuff.

I don't disagree. But I do somewhat get the appeal of uniting the two college mates and buddies, even if I think this angle is talked up a bit much.

With the holes in this game and personal baggage, I simply have a lot of trouble believing that teams are clamoring over Ball's services.

I mean I agree Ball has underachieved and the risk abd baggage there doesn’t interest me personally but Griffin from reports likes him. All runors though, we just have to wait and see

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum has shown more in the biggest moments (playoffs) than Ingram could dream about.

Which could simply be him riding the same wave of momentum that all of the Celtics kids were riding last season.

1 great playoff run doesn't make a great player.

Ingram hasn't had a chance to show what he can do in the playoffs and when he went down with injury, he was playing better than Tatum.

Well, we know that the Suns and Bulls have expressed interest and apparently both Gentry and Griffin like him.

And what "personal baggage"? A Dad with a big mouth that we haven't heard from in several months?

As for holes in his game? The only obvious one is his shooting which he will be able to work on in the off-season for the first time in his career. Even if he never improves his shooting, it won't be the worst thing. Heck, you guys won a championship with a point guard who has the same "holes".

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Celtics is Kyrie, imo. If he doesn't re-sign, then I doubt the Celtics include Tatum.
I don't necessarily disagree. I think a part of the overall Celtic plan has to be 1.) keeping communication open with Kyrie and 2.) reaching an understanding that if the Celtics can swing a deal for AD, Kyrie would agree to stay and play for a title in green.
tf12 said:
Plus, if AD tells them he's not staying, do they want to give up Tatum for a likely 1 year rental? I wouldn't unless I don't think he's going to be the star he's been projected to be. If that's the case, other teams may feel the same, making him less valuable.
One thing I think a lot of non-Celtic fans are failing to factor in is the fact that the C's are "supposed" to be in the end game of a long term rebuild.

Like... now. They are "supposed" to be in title mode now. This is what they've been building towards since that fabled Brooklyn trade (that was 2013, btw).

A step back or new rebuild or whatever... ?... I don't know what the alternative is if they don't get AD, frankly... because this franchise should be about winning the big one. Not just putting together a nice team.

As I've suggested in other threads, this dynamic is going to be pushing the Celtics to make something big work. Now.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree. I think a part of the overall Celtic plan has to be 1.) keeping communication open with Kyrie and 2.) reaching an understanding that if the Celtics can swing a deal for AD, Kyrie would agree to stay and play for a title in green.

Yeah, that's the problem though. You're waiting on a crazy person to make a decision. lol

I like Kyrie's game a lot and think he's a great player. But I'm not sure I'd want my franchise's future being determined by what he might decide to do. Especially after the way things looked this season with him.

One thing I think a lot of non-Celtic fans are failing to factor in is the fact that the C's are "supposed" to be in the end game of a long term rebuild.

Like... now. They are "supposed" to be in title mode now. This is what they've been building towards since that fabled Brooklyn trade (that was 2013, btw).

A step back or new rebuild or whatever... ?... I don't know what the alternative is, frankly... because this franchise should be about winning the big one. Not just putting together a nice team.

As I've suggested in other threads, this dynamic is going to be pushing the Celtics to make something big work. Now.

Yeah, the Celtics are at a bit of a crossroads, imo. If they bring in the right guy(s), they could finally get back to the finals.

But if they can't, they may need to look a partial rebuild at the least.

Whether or not they still believe that Tatum can be a star may have a lot to do with what they decide to do.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not they still believe that Tatum can be a star may have a lot to do with what they decide to do.
I like Tatum. He should mature into a "star". I truly believe that.

But what the NBA teaches us over and over and over... (and this post-season is no exception)... is that you need a bonafide "super-star" to really be at that top level of competition for an NBA title.

You need a Steph Curry. Or a Kawhi. Or a Giannis.

Tatum's never going to be that. But, in fairness... neither is Brandon Ingram.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the problem though. You're waiting on a crazy person to make a decision. lol

I like Kyrie's game a lot and think he's a great player. But I'm not sure I'd want my franchise's future being determined by what he might decide to do. Especially after the way things looked this season with him.

Yeah, the Celtics are at a bit of a crossroads, imo. If they bring in the right guy(s), they could finally get back to the finals.

But if they can't, they may need to look a partial rebuild at the least.

I've been saying since last season Kyrie would never lead the Celtics to a title. Some players are the type to be true franchise players. And Kyrie has proved that he's not one of them.

In his 3 years in Cleveland before LeBron returned yes they won more games each season. Moral victories don't count. But didn't have a .500 record. No playoffs. He leaves the Cavs & they return to the Finals. He gets injured, misses the playoffs & the Celtics go to the EFC. And we all know how Boston's season ended this year & the pathetic #'s that Flat Earther put up in games 2-5. True # 1's are supposed to lead their team. And Kyrie didn't/can't.

I'll be the 1st to say adios muther fucker! when he's gone.