• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about glad, but they'd rather give him up than Ingram.

Honestly, I like Lonzo and hope that he has a great career whether it's with the Lakers or someone else. While his shooting definitely needs to improve, the vast majority of the criticism he gets is because of Papa Ball's big mouth.

Obviously, trading for Beal means no AD (at least not until next season), but Lebron has always played well with guards who can shoot. Maybe adding Beal would attract another top FA this season?

If not, then maybe they get AD next off-season or a playoff run with Lebron and Beal attracts another top FA.

If AD doesn't go to a team that interests him that is definitely a possible scenario but if they pull off a trade for Beal it could interest other top FA's. Kemba and Kyrie come to mind. A trio of Kemba/Kyrie, Beal and Lebron ain't too bad, they just have to surround them with a good cast. I would expect them to do a better job than they did last year in that department, but you never know haha

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they like Lonzo that much I don't see them asking a ton for Beal, just take the contract and give them two or three young players

If they're insisting on Lonzo, they won't get Ingram AND Kuzma. That's an AD level offer, not Beal level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, whether it's for AD or Beal, the Lakers need to try to get a trade done asap and definitely before FA starts. They need to generate some kind of positive momentum going into FA.

Lebron will have someone recruited before free agency starts. They WILL get someone.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're insisting on Lonzo, they won't get Ingram AND Kuzma. That's an AD level offer, not Beal level.

I don't expect them to get all those 3 guys. Lonzo would be the centerpiece and possibly that #4 pick. That would really be enough or instead of the #4 they could add in Ingram OR Kuzma. Even another possibility would be adding maybe Hart or Wagner in a deal and swapping picks so maybe:

Lonzo
Ingram
Hart

for

Beal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better day..

Draft day or July 1st?

It's a tough one for me. Getting those Woj/Shams notifications at midnight are the best. But then you have a couple crazy draft day trades and drama as well... I'm giving a slight edge to the draft.
Guess it depends on your team. Now I'd say draft. when a contender I'd say July 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seems like they would have to get at least the #3 pick. Not sure what they have that they would be willing to trade or that another team would want.

I doubt they'd be willing to trade Sexton and I doubt anyone they could trade with to get there wants Love.

Seems that their best chance would be if the Knicks really like Reddish and the Lakers or whoever they trade the #4 to decide they'd rather have Garland.
Agree....if the guy is all that we don't have what it takes to move up (barring something crazy like a few first rounders). If he isn't all that not worth trading up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should take their time & wait until after the top tier & mid tier FA's have signed w/ someone else. Think of the money they could save.
worked well last year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD doesn't go to a team that interests him that is definitely a possible scenario but if they pull off a trade for Beal it could interest other top FA's. Kemba and Kyrie come to mind. A trio of Kemba/Kyrie, Beal and Lebron ain't too bad, they just have to surround them with a good cast. I would expect them to do a better job than they did last year in that department, but you never know haha
Guy like Jeff Green would fit in well with that team. But would need more size.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I was listening to a local sports talk show and they mentioned a Kyrie/Beal/Lebron trio. That could be very interesting. Depending on which kids they were able to keep in a Beal trade and what kind of FA's they got around them, it could be a team that could make a deep playoff run.

Roster wise, there's a lot to work with and they aren't that far away. But the FO, is a bit of a mess. I don't think it's as bad as click bait/hot take pundits want to paint it, but it's not good either.

I could see players wanting to go to the Lakers because it's the Lakers and the roster can be pretty good. On the other hand, their agents may try to steer them away. Not so much because of the FO, but fear of Klutch trying to poach their players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was listening to a local sports talk show and they mentioned a Kyrie/Beal/Lebron trio. That could be very interesting. Depending on which kids they were able to keep in a Beal trade and what kind of FA's they got around them, it could be a team that could make a deep playoff run.

Roster wise, there's a lot to work with and they aren't that far away. But the FO, is a bit of a mess. I don't think it's as bad as click bait/hot take pundits want to paint it, but it's not good either.

I could see players wanting to go to the Lakers because it's the Lakers and the roster can be pretty good. On the other hand, their agents may try to steer them away. Not so much because of the FO, but fear of Klutch trying to poach their players.

After I heard about the Beal rumors, and I think these rumors are legit, I thought Kyrie would be a great fit alongside Beal and Lebron. If they were to trade Ingram and Ball, you have Kuzma who can still start. They would just have to work on the bench and building depth with basically no cap left.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I heard about the Beal rumors, and I think these rumors are legit, I thought Kyrie would be a great fit alongside Beal and Lebron. If they were to trade Ingram and Ball, you have Kuzma who can still start. They would just have to work on the bench and building depth with basically no cap left.

Hopefully, they would be trading Ingram or Ball rather than both.

I think Ingram has more upside than Kuzma so, as much as I love Kuzma, I'd prefer that they keep Ingram.

Having said that, if the best ability is availability, then it would be better to keep Kuzma. Kuzma is likely as good as he's going to be (which is pretty good). But Ingram was playing at an all star level when he got hurt.

End of the day though, if they have to give up Ball and Ingram to get Beal, I think they need to do it.

As for filling out the roster. I wouldn't think that they'd have too much trouble finding solid vet role players to join a Lebron/Kyrie/Beal combo for MLE's or vet minimum type deals.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie goes to play with LeBron in L.A.... I'll eat my hat.

That's a promise.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to post a video of it on here as proof.
No problem.

That's how smugly, contemptuously confident I am that such a thing is never, ever going to happen.

giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect them to get all those 3 guys. Lonzo would be the centerpiece and possibly that #4 pick. That would really be enough or instead of the #4 they could add in Ingram OR Kuzma. Even another possibility would be adding maybe Hart or Wagner in a deal and swapping picks so maybe:

Lonzo
Ingram
Hart

for

Beal

If the Lakers don't add more salary than that, that kills their opportunity to also add a max FA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Williams followed your Ja Morant description.

But Yea I was referring to what your middle paragraph says.

So, you're only including the guys picked #1? Otherwise, you have VC, Dirk, Pierce, and Pau in the mix.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should take their time & wait until after the top tier & mid tier FA's have signed w/ someone else. Think of the money they could save.

Hey, the longer they wait, the more Celtics players will be disgruntled and want out. It's almost like a free agency refill!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers don't add more salary than that, that kills their opportunity to also add a max FA.

That trade would put them right close to $109M including a $35M Kyrie contract, factoring in the Deng contract too. If it's just a mil off they would find a way to make it work