• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I like about the NBA is it's a year round sport. The season itself lasts forever, way longer than others, from October to June. Then the next 3-4 months are all about the draft and trades and FA signings. A year round soap opera.

Yup got to love it.

Have summer league in July also.

Only dead month is August.

Nobody really cares about the nba in August and September because football is on its way back then before you know it we are back in October lol

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I like about the NBA is it's a year round sport. The season itself lasts forever, way longer than others, from October to June. Then the next 3-4 months are all about the draft and trades and FA signings. A year round soap opera.

Better day..

Draft day or July 1st?

It's a tough one for me. Getting those Woj/Shams notifications at midnight are the best. But then you have a couple crazy draft day trades and drama as well... I'm giving a slight edge to the draft.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better day..

Draft day or July 1st?

It's a tough one for me. Getting those Woj/Shams notifications at midnight are the best. But then you have a couple crazy draft day trades and drama as well... I'm giving a slight edge to the draft.
July 1st....imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Fedor's top 5 mock. He has the Cavs getting Reddish. I think it's between Reddish and Culver. I think the rumors the Cavs will trade up to get R.J. are false, even if true would be very hard to acquire that pick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Fedor's top 5 mock. He has the Cavs getting Reddish. I think it's between Reddish and Culver. I think the rumors the Cavs will trade up to get R.J. are false, even if true would be very hard to acquire that pick.

Yeah, seems like they would have to get at least the #3 pick. Not sure what they have that they would be willing to trade or that another team would want.

I doubt they'd be willing to trade Sexton and I doubt anyone they could trade with to get there wants Love.

Seems that their best chance would be if the Knicks really like Reddish and the Lakers or whoever they trade the #4 to decide they'd rather have Garland.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seems like they would have to get at least the #3 pick. Not sure what they have that they would be willing to trade or that another team would want.

I doubt they'd be willing to trade Sexton and I doubt anyone they could trade with to get there wants Love.

Seems that their best chance would be if the Knicks really like Reddish and the Lakers or whoever they trade the #4 to decide they'd rather have Garland.

Exactly, I have heard the Knicks and Pelicans like Reddish, but if they plan to trade AD to the Pelicans it really only matters who the Pelicans like....but do these teams like him enough to pass on Barrett. Hard for me to see that scenario.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there’s no wrong answer imo. For me I went draft but as a whole FA is the best

I wish they would convert the G-league to a true minor league and extend the draft by a few rounds.

As far as free agency vs the draft, it ultimately depends on where your team is positioned as to which you prefer. I love the draft process, and the Lakers have been picking early (and finding solid players late) of late, but it's tough to compare that with the potential of adding major proven players to your franchise. I'm torn, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I have heard the Knicks and Pelicans like Reddish, but if they plan to trade AD to the Pelicans it really only matters who the Pelicans like....but do these teams like him enough to pass on Barrett. Hard for me to see that scenario.

I've read the Knicks like Culver too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland to the Lakers seems like it's a done deal at this point, based on what I'm seeing.

The question is who will the Lakers take in 2021 to replace him?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing a Beal deal would be during free agency (and dependant on missing other FA players), so the #4 may not be part of it.

If they like Lonzo that much I don't see them asking a ton for Beal, just take the contract and give them two or three young players

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers Could Send Lonzo To Wizards In Deal For Bradley Beal

"Lonzo Ball would have to be included in any deal" ....and the Lakers would be glad to give him to you lol. Obviously it would include their #4, Kuzma or Ingram and getting back the Wiz top pick...

I don't know about glad, but they'd rather give him up than Ingram.

Honestly, I like Lonzo and hope that he has a great career whether it's with the Lakers or someone else. While his shooting definitely needs to improve, the vast majority of the criticism he gets is because of Papa Ball's big mouth.

Obviously, trading for Beal means no AD (at least not until next season), but Lebron has always played well with guards who can shoot. Maybe adding Beal would attract another top FA this season?

If not, then maybe they get AD next off-season or a playoff run with Lebron and Beal attracts another top FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they like Lonzo that much I don't see them asking a ton for Beal, just take the contract and give them two or three young players

Imo, whether it's for AD or Beal, the Lakers need to try to get a trade done asap and definitely before FA starts. They need to generate some kind of positive momentum going into FA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, whether it's for AD or Beal, the Lakers need to try to get a trade done asap and definitely before FA starts. They need to generate some kind of positive momentum going into FA.

The Lakers should take their time & wait until after the top tier & mid tier FA's have signed w/ someone else. Think of the money they could save.