• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career vorp is less than chandler parsons....he’s going to get paid just fine.

That savings should let the warriors use the mle.

Not sure what vorp is just the stat is obviously meaningless if Parsons is being compared to Klay

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what vorp is just the stat is obviously meaningless if Parsons is being compared to Klay

Value Over Replacement Player

It's kinda bullshit in baseball, it's total bullshit in basketball. Basketball is far more of a team game

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll

Check out my mock draft podcast- turned out pretty cooled. Grabbed a bunch of people from NBA twitter and had each of them rep a different team. Disclaimer: The dude that picked for MEM recorded before the Ja to MEM report came out, we started recording on lottery night.

Let me know what you think, fellow draft nerds! Available on iTunes and Spotify. PS- Lakers fans should prob listen.

‎Arizona Sports Zone Podcast on Apple Podcasts

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list of players that had his injury have all been relatively reliable (other than Embiid), so I don't see it as much of a red flag.

Embiid is a 2nd team all NBA player, and at this point his missed games have little to do with the navicular fracture.

He just gets hurt a lot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll

Check out my mock draft podcast- turned out pretty cooled. Grabbed a bunch of people from NBA twitter and had each of them rep a different team. Disclaimer: The dude that picked for MEM recorded before the Ja to MEM report came out, we started recording on lottery night.

Let me know what you think, fellow draft nerds! Available on iTunes and Spotify. PS- Lakers fans should prob listen.

‎Arizona Sports Zone Podcast on Apple Podcasts

Nicely done!

Sure there was tons of behind the scenes work needed to put this together.

The Memphis guy was a damn fool, which allowed NY and LAL to get exactly what they wanted.

Otherwise though, great idea! I enjoyed it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Value Over Replacement Player

It's kinda bullshit in baseball, it's total bullshit in basketball. Basketball is far more of a team game

The advanced stats love KD, Steph, Draymond, Andre, and Looney, but not Klay. Klay must be doing something that isn't captured in the stats being that most still consider him a good player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advanced stats love KD, Steph, Draymond, Andre, and Looney, but not Klay. Klay must be doing something that isn't captured in the stats being that most still consider him a good player.

Pretty simple really,

He always defends the other teams' best perimeter player which kills his defensive rating in two ways. 1 because he sometimes gets scored on despite playing good D, and 2 because he doesn't rebound as much because of his defensive responsibility.

He also doesn't get many assists or rebounds. Assists because he does most of his damage with cuts off the Ball, and rebounds because he is staying connected to elite scorers instead of crashing defensive boards.

Curry, on the other hand usually gets a free run to grab defensive rebounds and therefor gets a lot.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely done!

Sure there was tons of behind the scenes work needed to put this together.

The Memphis guy was a damn fool, which allowed NY and LAL to get exactly what they wanted.

Otherwise though, great idea! I enjoyed it.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it man, definitely took a lot of coordinating but think it turned out pretty great.

The guy that picked for MEM has a solid track record with “reaching” pre-draft for guys on his big board so we’ll just have to see. I like Culver but don’t think I’d put him #2 in this class, he’s more in the 4-6 range for me personally.

He also made the recording the day after the lottery so the Ja report wasn’t even out at the time, but either way at least it made things more interesting even if not accurate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it man, definitely took a lot of coordinating but think it turned out pretty great.

The guy that picked for MEM has a solid track record with “reaching” pre-draft for guys on his big board so we’ll just have to see. I like Culver but don’t think I’d put him #2 in this class, he’s more in the 4-6 range for me personally.

He also made the recording the day after the lottery so the Ja report wasn’t even out at the time, but either way at least it made things more interesting even if not accurate.

I think Culver can be possibly be the best in this class when all said and done. He can do everything well right now, I think he could have a really high ceiling like possibly the top 3 guys. I hope the Cavs take him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

I think Culver could be good. Defintely not on the same level as Morant.

He simply can't be the #2 pick even if that is how yoy rate him. A trade down to somewhere in the 4-6 range would be the play.

6 would be a risk, but I have to think Phoenix would give an awful lot to move up to 2.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Culver can be possibly be the best in this class when all said and done. He can do everything well right now, I think he could have a really high ceiling like possibly the top 3 guys. I hope the Cavs take him

I don't know man.

His ceiling is probably just as high as Barrett's. Not Zion or Ja, IMO.

But his floor is quite a bit lower too.

There is a possibilty be becomes the best player in the class. But there is also a possibilty that he becomes nothing more than a role player wing defender.

His floor is why it is a mistake to pick him ahead of those guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man.

His ceiling is probably just as high as Barrett's. Not Zion or Ja, IMO.

But his floor is quite a bit lower too.

There is a possibilty be becomes the best player in the class. But there is also a possibilty that he becomes nothing more than a role player wing defender.

His floor is why it is a mistake to pick him ahead of those guys.

As of right now his ceiling is probably around Barrett’s but we really dont know until we see him in the NBA. A lot of stars we dont know their full potential until they actually play in the NBA but obviously their is more risk a guy you take lower wont pan on. No guarantee any player will truly pan out with their projection. I mean what does Zion need to do to truly live up to his potential? Simmons hasnt lived up to his potential but he is a solid player, for example

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now his ceiling is probably around Barrett’s but we really dont know until we see him in the NBA. A lot of stars we dont know their full potential until they actually play in the NBA but obviously their is more risk a guy you take lower wont pan on. No guarantee any player will truly pan out with their projection. I mean what does Zion need to do to truly live up to his potential? Simmons hasnt lived up to his potential but he is a solid player, for example

Of course

Simmons is a great example.

Most would say that he has been somewhat disappointing so far. But he still made the all star team in his second season and arguably should have last year too.

That is the difference.

Zion is going to be an all star caliber player. He might not ever live up to the superstar hype and Culver theoretically could be the next Paul George and end up better than Zion.

But you have to look at the range of outcomes when drafting these guys. Zion is going to be a very good NBA player. Morant probably will be too.

Culver has a chance to be that too, but the odds are a lot lower.

If the team picking 2 or 3 believes Culver is their guy, they should trade down like Ainge did in 2017. Because just about everybody else believes Ja and Barrett are the players to take in those spots and would pay for the opportunity to move up.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course

Simmons is a great example.

Most would say that he has been somewhat disappointing so far. But he still made the all star team in his second season and arguably should have last year too.

That is the difference.

Zion is going to be an all star caliber player. He might not ever live up to the superstar hype and Culver theoretically could be the next Paul George and end up better than Zion.

But you have to look at the range of outcomes when drafting these guys. Zion is going to be a very good NBA player. Morant probably will be too.

Culver has a chance to be that too, but the odds are a lot lower.

If the team picking 2 or 3 believes Culver is their guy, they should trade down like Ainge did in 2017. Because just about everybody else believes Ja and Barrett are the players to take in those spots and would pay for the opportunity to move up.

Morant could easily be Elfrid Payton.

But he also has a very high ceiling with his creativity and vision and length.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morant could easily be Elfrid Payton.

But he also has a very high ceiling with his creativity and vision and length.

That is too far.

Morant going to be a good player.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is too far.

Morant going to be a good player.

so was Jason Williams.

and devin harris

and raymond felton

and Johnny Flynn

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so was Jason Williams.

and devin harris

and raymond felton

and Johnny Flynn

Literally none of those guys were picked #2 overall behind the best prospect to enter the NBA in years.

You would have done a lot better to go with Fultz or Ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue who they should take but they need to nail it if they are to have any hope of becoming a title contender anytime soon. And by soon I mean next 5 or even 10 years.

Isn't to say they can't. Finals teams (even semi final) were led by many guys taken 5 or later.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally none of those guys were picked #2 overall behind the best prospect to enter the NBA in years.

You would have done a lot better to go with Fultz or Ball.

they were all top picks. And need still accounts for alot.

No prospect is perfect.

And you could argue that Yao was the best prospect since Duncan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue who they should take but they need to nail it if they are to have any hope of becoming a title contender anytime soon. And by soon I mean next 5 or even 10 years.

Isn't to say they can't. Finals teams (even semi final) were led by many guys taken 5 or later.

Yeah that’s why I dont buy this is a top 3 heavy draft. We hear that in a lot of drafts but there are guys lower that are mosr likely going to be great, it’s just about finding them.