• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Oden comes to mind

It shouldn't. Oden had knee issues (three microfracture surgeries). Bol Bol had a (rare) navicular foot fracture. Some others to have this injury? Michael Jordan, Quincy Pondexter, Brendan Haywood, Joel Embiid, Marc Gasol, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Yao Ming.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't. Oden had knee issues (three microfracture surgeries). Bol Bol had a (rare) navicular foot fracture. Some others to have this injury? Michael Jordan, Quincy Pondexter, Brendan Haywood, Joel Embiid, Marc Gasol, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Yao Ming.

Not talking about that specific injury. Rare talent big that had SERIOUS injury issues=short career. That's why Bol will most likely fall a bit. I don't see his talent outweighing his injuries though, imo he will be on the pine most of his short career especially at his weight. If the Cavs drafted him I would be devastated.

I hope he can overcome them though bc at his length and his ability to shoots...that is something special.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about that specific injury. Rare talent big that had SERIOUS injury issues=short career. That's why Bol will most likely fall a bit. I don't see his talent outweighing his injuries though, imo he will be on the pine most of his short career especially at his weight. If the Cavs drafted him I would be devastated.

I hope he can overcome them though bc at his length and his ability to shoots...that is something special.

That list of players that had his injury have all been relatively reliable (other than Embiid), so I don't see it as much of a red flag.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list of players that had his injury have all been relatively reliable (other than Embiid), so I don't see it as much of a red flag.

It's still a rare and serious injury. While there is a small list, it is different for every player so very unpredictable. Yao and Haywood retired a year after having those injuries. No way would I take him at 4. 10-15 I would certainly take the risk, could be worth it, it's just kind of unpredictable.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you're not interested in Tacko Fall.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....including Calbert Cheaney!

Yup, along with fellow Hoosier Matt Nover. IIRC, his character's family received farm equipment from the alumni boosters in order to get him to sign with the school.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for a backup that will play limited minutes over time

If the guy can run up and down the floor well enough, he can be useful. He doesn't even need to jump to dunk the ball.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still aren't getting it. AD and his representative said he wanted out but he didn't have a preferred destination. What player doesn't want to win? This bridge has been broken and there isn't much to do fixing it other than trading him. They aren't a contender adding just Zion, he is a rookie.

Yeah he will be on the Pelicans even though he sat out basically half the season bc he asked for a trade. A rookie is really making a differnence LOL

He is gone. Book it.
Not this off season... We see how it goes until Feb, if they'll be doing very well, I believe they won't trade him mid-season either...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy can run up and down the floor well enough, he can be useful. He doesn't even need to jump to dunk the ball.

Yeah for a backup, limited minutes. A rim protector and rebounder. 43% FT shooter he can do anything but dunk and block shots

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still aren't getting it. AD and his representative said he wanted out but he didn't have a preferred destination. What player doesn't want to win? This bridge has been broken and there isn't much to do fixing it other than trading him. They aren't a contender adding just Zion, he is a rookie.

Yeah he will be on the Pelicans even though he sat out basically half the season bc he asked for a trade. A rookie is really making a differnence LOL

He is gone. Book it.
This is what I have been trying to tell some in here - AD might be a Pelicans - In fact I hope he stays. I think there is a better chance of him becoming a Lakers next year then. Even if the Pelicans added Irving or Leonard - I think AD would still leave, but neither Leonard nor Irving are likely to come to New Orleans knowing the star player wants out already

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have been trying to tell some in here - AD might be a Pelicans - In fact I hope he stays. I think there is a better chance of him becoming a Lakers next year then. Even if the Pelicans added Irving or Leonard - I think AD would still leave, but neither Leonard nor Irving are likely to come to New Orleans knowing the star player wants out already

There is no chance Irving or Kawhi would even consider N.O.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this off season... We see how it goes until Feb, if they'll be doing very well, I believe they won't trade him mid-season either...

That very well may be as Griffin thinks he can sway AD. However, the value on the trade return will change significantly IMO. For one thing, the draft picks will already have been made, so no choosing your prospects in the draft. If waiting for next year's picks, those picks may be lower from the Knicks/Lakers due to free agent additions and/or changes in luck in the lottery process. NO loses the upper hand the closer they get to that deadline.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very well may be as Griffin thinks he can sway AD. However, the value on the trade return will change significantly IMO. For one thing, the draft picks will already have been made, so no choosing your prospects in the draft. If waiting for next year's picks, those picks may be lower from the Knicks/Lakers due to free agent additions and/or changes in luck in the lottery process. NO loses the upper hand the closer they get to that deadline.

He basically loses Boston as a destination too.

One less bidder.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He basically loses Boston as a destination too.

One less bidder.

...unless they can add a star to replace a departing Kyrie. The best pick Boston has in it's pocket is the Grizz future 1st rounder (either 2020 top 6 protected or 2021 unprotetced), and they could still put young players together in a package. They would need another star to entice AD to re-sign there next summer though, or their offer will be very small.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is there is no question Klay means A LOT to the Warriors so his teammates dont carry him. We still have no idea if he can be a #1 on a playoff team. What we do know is he didnt put up the stats to get mentioned for the top 6 guards in the NBA, but it doesnt mean he isnt one of the top 6 guards. I understand he is upset and I get it, it might be less about money and more about respect bc he has been a great guard on one of the best teams ever. I just think it isnt something to cry about imo, he is underrated crybaby. He is the reason the Cavs were “talking shit” about the W’s after they won a ship, he had to run his mouth. Point is supermax might be more about respect than actually the money, I get it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is there is no question Klay means A LOT to the Warriors so his teammates dont carry him. We still have no idea if he can be a #1 on a playoff team. What we do know is he didnt put up the stats to get mentioned for the top 6 guards in the NBA, but it doesnt mean he isnt one of the top 6 guards. I understand he is upset and I get it, it might be less about money and more about respect bc he has been a great guard on one of the best teams ever. I just think it isnt something to cry about imo, he is underrated crybaby. He is the reason the Cavs were “talking shit” about the W’s after they won a ship, he had to run his mouth. Point is supermax might be more about respect than actually the money, I get it.

His career vorp is less than chandler parsons....he’s going to get paid just fine.

That savings should let the warriors use the mle.