• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry.

I know I will get fried on here for this opinion- but I want Reddish. Unless Barret falls, which he wont, id take Reddish 4.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Barret
4. Reddish
5. Culver
6. Hunter
7. Garland
8. Sekou
9. White

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers will probably take Culver---- but Hunter would be such a great fit for them. If they have the two similarly rated then I would take Hunter as hes a great fit with LeBron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry.

I know I will get fried on here for this opinion- but I want Reddish. Unless Barret falls, which he wont, id take Reddish 4.

I said I think he is most likely a bust but I have mixed feelings as well. I also think the Cavs might take him.

The thing is he we haven't seen his ceiling or close to it, that could be a bad thing or a good thing. Does he have it? or is he a bust?

I think he would fit good next to Sexton but I also like Culver.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a grinder, effort guy- not a workout guy- basically opposite of Reddish.

Culver is that guy. Makes me think if he is there at 5, they take him and it's a SAFE pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I think the Cavs list looks like now:

1. Barrett

2. Culver
3. Reddish

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culver is that guy. Makes me think if he is there at 5, they take him and it's a SAFE pick

I like quite a bit about culver.

his shot selection does leave something to be desired.

That was why he struggled in his last 3 games more than anything else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like quite a bit about culver.

his shot selection does leave something to be desired.

That was why he struggled in his last 3 games more than anything else.

His biggest "concern" imo is his jumpshot but overall nothing really concerns me about his game. He is a feisty defender, can get you buckets, pretty much do it all. He just needs to work on his shot, somewhat inconsistent at this point. I liked that he is actually around 6'7". That is a huge plus.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a grinder, effort guy- not a workout guy- basically opposite of Reddish.
Waiters was a "grinder, effort guy"? I think he's a decent player, but that's not how I'd describe him (or Bennett or even Kyrie)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry.

Yeah, that's a tough call. If he pans out...it's a great pick. If not...it's Bennett all over again.

On the other hand though, while I don't think the talent drop is as big after #3 as some do, there seem to be quite a few boom or bust guys that we may not know how good they are for 3-4 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters was a "grinder, effort guy"? I think he's a decent player, but that's not how I'd describe him (or Bennett or even Kyrie)
i dont think Gilbert was the driving force behind drafting any of those guys. I think Gilbert has taken the reigns more as he has seen his front office make choices like Bennett over Oladipo when Gilbert preferred Oladipo, when Gilbert wanted to draft Draymond, fellow MSU alum, etc. etc.

Sexton was without a doubt Gilbert's pick and I think Gilbert will be making the pick this year again. Where he used to defer, i think he is now pretty much done deferring --- which is why Griffin is gone nad 1st time GM Kobe Altman who is what? 30 something years old? is the GM

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Gilbert was the driving force behind drafting any of those guys. I think Gilbert has taken the reigns more as he has seen his front office make choices like Bennett over Oladipo when Gilbert preferred Oladipo, when Gilbert wanted to draft Draymond, fellow MSU alum, etc. etc.

Sexton was without a doubt Gilbert's pick and I think Gilbert will be making the pick this year again. Where he used to defer, i think he is now pretty much done deferring --- which is why Griffin is gone nad 1st time GM Kobe Altman who is what? 30 something years old? is the GM
All this could be true, but hard to know. Could be very possible the guys he hired in the FO also liked Sexton. And every team passed on Draymond Green. GS passed on him and took Festus Ezeli. Contrary to popular belief, Gilbert does not want every player and coach who went to MSU. There were reasons Green went so late.

Supposedly he liked Kay Felder....is he a grinder, effort type?

will say that was an impressive 2nd round that year. Cavs took Crowder FWIW.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a tough call. If he pans out...it's a great pick. If not...it's Bennett all over again.

On the other hand though, while I don't think the talent drop is as big after #3 as some do, there seem to be quite a few boom or bust guys that we may not know how good they are for 3-4 years.

There's gaps between even the top 3 players.

And even Morant and Barrett both have serious shooting questions. Morant is a twig. The good news is that strength and shooting are the two most common things that can be added at the NBA level.

This looks like one of those weird drafts where you'll get a star at 15ish (my guess there is Romeo).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Lakers aren't exactly looking for a rookie haha.

No doubt the kid has top 3-5 talent but injuries and he only weighed in at 208. I mean he is so damn lanky and can shoot, so I guess he isn't a bang on the block type of center but the injuries would really worry me.

He's a perimeter big offensively that has a solid handle and a shot blocker defensively. His weight/strength becomes an issue when getting dislodged defensively, but that length should allow him to recover against most IMO. That weight is actually a plus considering his injury. Despite his size, he's not really putting excessive pressure on those feet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a perimeter big offensively that has a solid handle and a shot blocker defensively. His weight/strength becomes an issue when getting dislodged defensively, but that length should allow him to recover against most IMO. That weight is actually a plus considering his injury. Despite his size, he's not really putting excessive pressure on those feet.

Considering that most seem to think that there's a fairly significant drop after #3, his talent intrigues me enough that I wouldn't be too upset if the Lakers took him at 4.

But a big with foot issues (even a lightweight like Bol Bol) scares the hell out of me. Especially since he'd need to to get up to at least 220, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that most seem to think that there's a fairly significant drop after #3, his talent intrigues me enough that I wouldn't be too upset if the Lakers took him at 4.

But a big with foot issues (even a lightweight like Bol Bol) scares the hell out of me. Especially since he'd need to to get up to at least 220, imo.

Tons of talent but injuries are a serious issue. I would take him later but no way at 4.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of talent but injuries are a serious issue. I would take him later but no way at 4.

Yeah, I think that from a pure talent perspective, he's top 5 level.

Sometimes, with young players, injury issues are something they are able to get past. Steph and Kyrie come to mind. Embiid maybe too (jury's still out on him, imo).

But a big with foot injury issues...that's usually not a good sign.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that from a pure talent perspective, he's top 5 level.

Sometimes, with young players, injury issues are something they are able to get past. Steph and Kyrie come to mind. Embiid maybe too (jury's still out on him, imo).

But a big with foot injury issues...that's usually not a good sign.

Greg Oden comes to mind