• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, they would be trading Ingram or Ball rather than both.

I think Ingram has more upside than Kuzma so, as much as I love Kuzma, I'd prefer that they keep Ingram.

Having said that, if the best ability is availability, then it would be better to keep Kuzma. Kuzma is likely as good as he's going to be (which is pretty good). But Ingram was playing at an all star level when he got hurt.

End of the day though, if they have to give up Ball and Ingram to get Beal, I think they need to do it.

As for filling out the roster. I wouldn't think that they'd have too much trouble finding solid vet role players to join a Lebron/Kyrie/Beal combo for MLE's or vet minimum type deals.
Two Things:

Griffin, Rich Paul and Anthony Davis met today and reportedly agreed to work something out. Davis made it clear that he wants out

New Orleans reportedly has several people who were very high on Ingram and Lonzo Ball - but there is a catch now. Many in Los Angeles are concerned that blood clot situation with Ingram may lower his value and no one will want him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Things:

Griffin, Rich Paul and Anthony Davis met today and reportedly agreed to work something out. Davis made it clear that he wants out

New Orleans reportedly has several people who were very high on Ingram and Lonzo Ball - but there is a catch now. Many in Los Angeles are concerned that blood clot situation with Ingram may lower his value and no one will want him.

Who is this "many"? The reports I have read about the clot and the surgery to correct it indicated that that he should have a full recovery.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah apparently, Alvin Gentry really likes the Lakers kids and Griffin said that he'd have made the trade that was offered during the season. Plus, the Gayle Benson "over my dead body" rumor was apparently not true.

As for Ingram's blood clot, it was a structural issue that was corrected with surgery. Not a Chris Bosh situation. What could hurt his trade value though is that this is now the 2nd straight season where he has missed significant time. So there may be concern that he can't stay healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pelicans really do like these young Laker players and they can somehow get AD...it isn't just about acquiring AD but it immediately attracts other big FA's. Still don't think Kawhi or KD would come to LA but specifically Kemba or Kyrie maybe even Jimmy.

If they did get AD is seems like Kuzma, Ingram and Ball would be going along with the #4 pick.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pelicans really do like these young Laker players and they can somehow get AD...it isn't just about acquiring AD but it immediately attracts other big FA's. Still don't think Kawhi or KD would come to LA but specifically Kemba or Kyrie maybe even Jimmy.

If they did get AD is seems like Kuzma, Ingram and Ball would be going along with the #4 pick.

There is only one problem... The Pelicans are NOT trading AD!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I think they'd probably have to add a future first or 2 as well.

That #4 pick was huge for the Lakers. Prior to getting that pick, there was no way they could put together a package that could have beaten what the Celtics or Knicks could offer. Now, they are at least solidly in the mix.

Even if they don't get AD. It could still be used in a trade for another top player. Bradley Beal would be a nice consolation prize.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Bucks are kicking the tires on offering Snell in a package. Might change their mind.

I kid.....I kid.
Still the Pels aren't trading AD... I don't kid... I don't kid...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Bucks are kicking the tires on offering Snell in a package. Might change their mind.

I kid.....I kid.

No way is David Griffin dumb enough to turn down a package that includes Snell.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah apparently, Alvin Gentry really likes the Lakers kids and Griffin said that he'd have made the trade that was offered during the season. Plus, the Gayle Benson "over my dead body" rumor was apparently not true.

As for Ingram's blood clot, it was a structural issue that was corrected with surgery. Not a Chris Bosh situation. What could hurt his trade value though is that this is now the 2nd straight season where he has missed significant time. So there may be concern that he can't stay healthy.
As long as the Lakers do not trade for Chris Paul

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kid.....I kid.
You had a great post here until the last line. Don't go soft on us now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this "many"? The reports I have read about the clot and the surgery to correct it indicated that that he should have a full recovery.
I think some or many will be concerned until he proves it by staying healthy. I'm a bit nervous, but my mother had the exact same problem and she was 85 when she recovered from her blood clots

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a really big way because The Salaries for Lonzo Ball and Ingram together add up to 15 million. Davis is at 25 million and the Lakers would have his bird rights next year and still room for a maximum contract this year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mention the Cavs at all; what would they offer to move up? Next year's 1st?

It's been rumored before, rumors that Cavs love Barrett and would inquire about moving up to 3. All rumors though.

Yeah next year's first or attach that JR Smith valuable contract with their 5th and 26th pick and take back salary from the Knicks...like I said though, rumors.