• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019/2020 OFF SEASON THREAD

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or move Seager to his natural position that is 2B. Seager is only a 3B because was an after thought as a prospect then was hitting like .500 in AA then AAA so they switched him to 3B because Ackley was the 2B of the future. My idea is far fetched but I just like the idea of spending the money on FA’s a year too early than a year too late like they did with Cruz.

Agreed!

The problem is your over paying for Cole and Redon, lets face it this franchise has to for the lack luster respect this front office has through the players in the league.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

The problem is your over paying for Cole and Redon, lets face it this franchise has to for the lack luster respect this front office has through the players in the league.

As a fan obviously I don’t care about money, but as a franchise they have set themselves up where that can overpay for Cole and Rendon for a few years while they payroll is going to be lower. Totally a pipedream on my part I know.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or move Seager to his natural position that is 2B. Seager is only a 3B because was an after thought as a prospect then was hitting like .500 in AA then AAA so they switched him to 3B because Ackley was the 2B of the future. My idea is far fetched but I just like the idea of spending the money on FA’s a year too early than a year too late like they did with Cruz.

I actually forgot that Seager was initially a second baseman. Wonder if he'd be able to make the switch back this late in his career.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually forgot that Seager was initially a second baseman. Wonder if he'd be able to make the switch back this late in his career.

2B is the easiest position on the infield to switch to as long as you aren’t 1B material. Realistically the hardest switch between the infield is SS to 2B because of muscle memory when it comes to touching 2nd with the correct foot on a DP. Seager would do fine at 2B, it’s just if (they would do my fantasy of signing Rendon) if Seager would be stunting the growth of a younger stud like say Long or anyone else who has a future in the organization. Cole and Rendon won’t happen I know but with the financial flexibility the Mariners have an what baseball agents now are asking for in terms of contracts they really isn’t a down side. Player and club options will allow them to get out in 2 years if Jerry’s timetable isn’t coming to fruition and if it isn’t, at least Rendon will fetch a nice haul because he is still young and if Cole stays healthy he is a coveted trade deadline piece.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan obviously I don’t care about money, but as a franchise they have set themselves up where that can overpay for Cole and Rendon for a few years while they payroll is going to be lower. Totally a pipedream on my part I know.

yeah agree on the money part, if they are going to roll these younger guys out in 2020 then why not over pay for veterans that help lead

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

I believe you over pay for elite pitching but pay market value for hitting and marginal pitching. I wouldn't pay for Rendon personally, but would Cole and even Strasburg. You can build the best young core on earth but if you don't have an elite 1-2 punch at SP (and we don't anywhere in the system) then you have little chance at the WS.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hummina..hummina..cristal ball
Prediction
Gilbert will make it to majors next year..
Kerby and williamson the year after

That is 2 RHPrs..and 1LHP
Mariners draft..asa lacy..LHP..#1

More hummina ..hummina..cristal .ball..later.....lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassetta stubbs
Juan then
And
Jorge benitez
Had good years..at aqua sox

There are..a lot of other good pitchers there..who..will be at
Virgina next year.
That is good news..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlson..seems lost..i have.
No news on him...????

You guys have any...???

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news on him...????

You guys have any...???

Minnesota's Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017, Carlson skyrocketed up Draft boards that spring as his velocity improved to go along with his advanced pitchability. Unfortunately, the Mariners haven't gotten to see him pitch competitively much, as he made just a few outings during his summer debut, then needed Tommy John surgery last July without throwing a pitch in a game.

Carlson was just finishing his rehab as pitchers and catchers were getting set to report to Spring Training and was playing catch out to 120 feet. The Mariners obviously won't rush the process, but they are eager to see how Carlson's stuff plays, especially because he's filled out his 6-foot-4 frame and is more man than kid now. During that senior year, Carlson's fastball sat in the 93-97 mph range and there's no reason to believe he can't get back to that, if not beyond that once he gets going, and he pairs it well with his fading changeup. His slider would flash plus before the injury, but it was inconsistent, so that will likely be an area of focus, and he always was able to fill up the strike zone with all three pitches.

If all goes well, Carlson will get some mound time at the end of the summer in the rookie-level Arizona League. The 2020 season will be the first time the Mariners will get to see exactly what kind of pitcher Carlson might become.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you over pay for elite pitching but pay market value for hitting and marginal pitching. I wouldn't pay for Rendon personally, but would Cole and even Strasburg. You can build the best young core on earth but if you don't have an elite 1-2 punch at SP (and we don't anywhere in the system) then you have little chance at the WS.

Yup just look at the Yankees. Relied too much on the pen to cover just an ok rotation and they just couldnt match up with Houston. If you dont have one, you wont get there.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news on him...????

You guys have any...???

Probably the best chance the system has a legit ace but it wont be anytime soon. Certainly not in Dipotos window

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you guys have subscriptions to The Athletic, but I found this pretty interesting:

Bowden: Ranking the top 35 free agents, and predicting their...

I'm unsure on the reasoning behind this, but the players the Mariners were listed as "best fits" for were the following:
- Marcell Ozuna
- Nicholas Castellanos
- Didi Gregorius
- Yasiel Puig
- Avisail Garcia

Kind of strange that he thinks the Mariners should/would go after outfielders given the prospect depth we have.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you guys have subscriptions to The Athletic, but I found this pretty interesting:

I'm unsure on the reasoning behind this, but the players the Mariners were listed as "best fits" for were the following:
- Marcell Ozuna
- Nicholas Castellanos
- Didi Gregorius
- Yasiel Puig
- Avisail Garcia

Kind of strange that he thinks the Mariners should/would go after outfielders given the prospect depth we have.

Every prediction site I have read have M's going after OF's which just blows me away. It doesn't make a lot of sense which means that is probably their path.

Didi was a guy I said to myself today I would love to take a chance on. Play him at 2B and backup SS.

Castellanos will be overpaid for his few months with the Cubs. I like him, but not where we need to spend money.

Ozuna has been good, bad, and good again. I have seen him throw in the past and he had a Johnny Damon arm. Maybe he was hurt in 2018, but I was shocked how bad his arm was.

Puig is a guy I can't figure out. Not sure if he is a hot head or just a competitive guy that fires his team up. I love his fire, but not sure if it is controllable.

Garcia is just another guy we have and not worth spending on for me.

Get two Aces!!!!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Marcell Ozuna
- Nicholas Castellanos
- Didi Gregorius
- Yasiel Puig
- Avisail Garcia

No, No, No. What the hell is the point of rebuilding if you chose to block all of your best fielding prospects. Pipedream is sign Cole and Rendon then let Kelenic and Rodriguez break camp as starters.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No, No. What the hell is the point of rebuilding if you chose to block all of your best fielding prospects. Pipedream is sign Cole and Rendon then let Kelenic and Rodriguez break camp as starters.

Yeah agreed!

This Rodriguez kid is something special.... We haven't had that in a long time...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Marcell Ozuna
- Nicholas Castellanos
- Didi Gregorius
- Yasiel Puig
- Avisail Garcia

None of those guys interest me in the least bit. Like 3 years too late on Ozuna

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would gladly smoke out of that pipe as well

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi gregorius..that is interesting
Yankees did not..tender him

And no draft pick.
Compensation..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017, Carlson skyrocketed up Draft boards that spring as his velocity improved to go along with his advanced pitchability. Unfortunately, the Mariners haven't gotten to see him pitch competitively much, as he made just a few outings during his summer debut, then needed Tommy John surgery last July without throwing a pitch in a game.

Carlson was just finishing his rehab as pitchers and catchers were getting set to report to Spring Training and was playing catch out to 120 feet. The Mariners obviously won't rush the process, but they are eager to see how Carlson's stuff plays, especially because he's filled out his 6-foot-4 frame and is more man than kid now. During that senior year, Carlson's fastball sat in the 93-97 mph range and there's no reason to believe he can't get back to that, if not beyond that once he gets going, and he pairs it well with his fading changeup. His slider would flash plus before the injury, but it was inconsistent, so that will likely be an area of focus, and he always was able to fill up the strike zone with all three pitches.

If all goes well, Carlson will get some mound time at the end of the summer in the rookie-level Arizona League. The 2020 season will be the first time the Mariners will get to see exactly what kind of pitcher Carlson might become.

Nice
Carlson....added.to
Kerby and co...at Virginia
Or
To the next class.of mariners draft picks..will be nice