• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019/2020 OFF SEASON THREAD

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Healy isnt a huge deal to me. I was actually not convinced he would play again or be the same anyway given his back injuries. I still think either Santana/Vogs, more likely Santana goes as well. First shouldnt be to hard to fill, until White is ready.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally they’d go for Cole because they lack an ace but doubtful and truly I hope they go after Cole and Rendon to jump start the rebuild.

Yeah I have zero hope of landing either of those guys. I just hope I dont have to see them in LA or Texas. Cole would be an ideal just because if they are supposedly 12 months from competing, they need an ace and i dont see that happening from within. Rendon always hurts because that is the guy I wanted badly in 2011. I dont claim to be a draft expert but that was one of the few years I just knew thats who i wanted. So close to Rendon and Strasburg but instead we got Ackley and Hutlzen. Just life as a Mariner fan

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be pretty up to date as it includes Leblancs departure. I'd expect Beckham to be non tendered or gone soon as well

upload_2019-11-1_8-0-22.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have zero hope of landing either of those guys. I just hope I dont have to see them in LA or Texas. Cole would be an ideal just because if they are supposedly 12 months from competing, they need an ace and i dont see that happening from within. Rendon always hurts because that is the guy I wanted badly in 2011. I dont claim to be a draft expert but that was one of the few years I just knew thats who i wanted. So close to Rendon and Strasburg but instead we got Ackley and Hutlzen. Just life as a Mariner fan

I know it’s a pipe dream but you are right on why I feel that way. If they are one season away why not try and get 1 or both instead of scrambling when they are ready to compete. Rendon and Cole are both positions of need that they lack in the farm system, sorry Seager.

I don’t follow the draft at all so just follow the MLB network and the interweb but Rendon was the guy they were linked to the entire time then they went with Hultzen. How different would the organization be if they could’ve gotten the two they were linked to in Trout and Rendon instead drafting 2 busts. I’ll never blame them for drafting Ackley, that’s kind the luck of the draw but they lost that comp pick that everyone said it was going to be this kid no one really had a gauge on because he played HS ball in Jersey.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s a pipe dream but you are right on why I feel that way. If they are one season away why not try and get 1 or both instead of scrambling when they are ready to compete. Rendon and Cole are both positions of need that they lack in the farm system, sorry Seager.

I don’t follow the draft at all so just follow the MLB network and the interweb but Rendon was the guy they were linked to the entire time then they went with Hultzen. How different would the organization be if they could’ve gotten the two they were linked to in Trout and Rendon instead drafting 2 busts. I’ll never blame them for drafting Ackley, that’s kind the luck of the draw but they lost that comp pick that everyone said it was going to be this kid no one really had a gauge on because he played HS ball in Jersey.

How different if we lost 1 more game back in the day and got Strasburg and then drafted the smart pick in Rendon? That is why Nats ended their WS streak and we are still light years away from doing so.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think ..anyone wants.to trade.for haniger..until.he provs
It..again..then..they will..again

The mariners..prob see

Haniger
Voggy
Santana
As future...hart of the order..

If haniger comes back..the old..haniger..and needs paid..to stay..they will do it..if he wants
Traded..they..would..prob..but..
Not till the right time..to maximize his value...

I would look..for..a RHP..to sign..
Not an ace though..and..not a long contract...maybe a comeback guy..that could be traded later...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think..the mariners are..one year away still..from signing any
Big time..free agents

Cuz.they still need to figure out
What they have..before...filling in
With..free agents..

Also dont think..gordan.is going.anywhere
Cuz they need an infield leader
And he is it
Even if he would come off the bench..or a utility player..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i still think..is they...need a platoon guy..for..3b.right handed
Power hitter.type..
Seager..is still a good defender

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healy..could have been..that 1b/3b RH power hitter

But they want..someone...mo better
And letting healy go..lets them
Search..for one../ss or 2b who could do the same.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How different if we lost 1 more game back in the day and got Strasburg and then drafted the smart pick in Rendon? That is why Nats ended their WS streak and we are still light years away from doing so.

Or, lose that series to the A’s, get Strasburg and Trout, then get Rendon as well?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodrigez..prob will not be in the
Big leagues..next year...but may just be..the next..
Gilbert..and a lot of other guys..
One year..could make..a lot of diff for..

##

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez==== Either haniger..or..santana..unsure..
Which..lolololol

If

He makes it

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that Seager would be nearly impossible to move, I'm not sure adding a third baseman is the best idea unless they planned on moving Rendon to second or maybe first.

Also for whatever it's worth, Seager hit really well the last two months of the season. Not implying he's a long-term solution, but if he were to replicate that type of performance he could be a decent option at third going forward.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Haniger. Right now his value is quite diminished due to the injury and poor start to the season. If they want to move him, it needs to happen when he reminds the league what he's capable of. I think the 2018 version of Haniger deserves a substantial haul. Unfortunately even if he plays in 2020 like he did in 2018 we wouldn't receive the type of return that a player of his caliber deserves and it could bite us in the ass.

My biggest concern about holding on to him is that @NWinAZ pointed out a while back that apparently Haniger wasn't interested in discussing an extension.

When it comes to Vogelbach, he really struggled at the plate after the HR derby and he has hit very poorly against lefties. I don't really think we'd get much in return for him given his limitations on the base paths and defensively.

There could be a possibility we could move Dee Gordon. I'm a bit biased because I like guys like him, but the game has moved away from players like Gordon. Personally I think he'd be really useful for an NL team as a utility player/pinch runner. If the Mariners eat half of his 2020 salary or more they could get a long-shot player in return.

I'm kind of on the fence regarding signing a FA pitcher. The Mariners will have a lot of money to spend, but I worry that if the prospects/"plan" doesn't materialize, we'll once again be on the hook for a player with an exuberant contract that we need to try to move.

If you plan..to...move the guy..you sign..it works out..
For..everyone..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TACTICS;....tampa bay rays
See
Nathan Eovaldi.. ( not one around every corner)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, lose that series to the A’s, get Strasburg and Trout, then get Rendon as well?

With Trout all we had to do is not sign the freaking RP from the previous draft at the deadline then we would have drafted right before Angels. Of course we would have still passed him over, but this is a fantasy thread so let us dream...lol.

For the record, we didn't need to lose the series to the A's. All we needed was to lose 1 of the 3 games and we had the #1 pick. Damn M's can't even lose right!!!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Trout all we had to do is not sign the freaking RP from the previous draft at the deadline then we would have drafted right before Angels. Of course we would have still passed him over, but this is a fantasy thread so let us dream...lol.

For the record, we didn't need to lose the series to the A's. All we needed was to lose 1 of the 3 games and we had the #1 pick. Damn M's can't even lose right!!!!!

I didn’t recall how many games they needed to drop. I know they swept but wasn’t sure if they needed to drop 2 of 3 or what. Sadly for me the last few weeks of baseball season it has become background noise during the beginning of football. And I really dislike that until just recently no local sports talk host were tolerable for me to listen to when they talked baseball.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Seager would be nearly impossible to move, I'm not sure adding a third baseman is the best idea unless they planned on moving Rendon to second or maybe first.

Also for whatever it's worth, Seager hit really well the last two months of the season. Not implying he's a long-term solution, but if he were to replicate that type of performance he could be a decent option at third going forward.

Or move Seager to his natural position that is 2B. Seager is only a 3B because was an after thought as a prospect then was hitting like .500 in AA then AAA so they switched him to 3B because Ackley was the 2B of the future. My idea is far fetched but I just like the idea of spending the money on FA’s a year too early than a year too late like they did with Cruz.