• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019/2020 OFF SEASON THREAD

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton trade is starting to lean more to the Ms as winners ..

This injury stuff is getting to be a common thing for the Ms, if these kids can’t spend more time on the field instead of the trainers room then move on!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton trade is starting to lean more to the Ms as winners ..

This injury stuff is getting to be a common thing for the Ms, if these kids can’t spend more time on the field instead of the trainers room then move on!

Agreed, the only way they coulda done it better is if they sold him a year early but they didnt want to admit they werent contenders at that point.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second young pitcher claimed that we released because of our need for 35+ old vets in our rebuild...

22 yr old all star last year ( granted AA) but still, if this guy takes off for St Louis someone's ass better be out of a job in the front office for making this call

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the only way they coulda done it better is if they sold him a year early but they didnt want to admit they werent contenders at that point.

Yeah I have that problem as well, I think I'm 200 lbs but reality is Im 245......

"admitting" is hard to do!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will forever be looked at the deadline that could’ve changed the franchise but they kept Jerry and didn’t deal guys who would’ve been the top of the market.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Mariner Possible Alert-

Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports that the Indians are near a one-year, $1 million deal with free agent outfielder Domingo Santana.
Santana was non-tendered by the Mariners after hitting .253/.329/.441 with 21 homers and 69 RBI along with eight steals in 121 games in 2019. The outfielder has defensive issues and piles up the strikeouts, but he's still capable of hitting for power as a 27-year-old. At the very least, Santana should be able to serve as a lefty-killer for Cleveland as they try to compete for an AL Central title in 2020. That makes him more of a DFS play than one who has value in redraft formats, at least to start the season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy but this is what I truly believe but I disagree with us being winner in any trade when the jury is still out on the prospect. Until Justus Sheffield shows 1-2 seasons where he is a capable starter the Yankees have the edge in that trade.

We are all excited about Kelenic and Dunn but until they get called up and show they are who they project to be the Mets still have the edge on that trade.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy but this is what I truly believe but I disagree with us being winner in any trade when the jury is still out on the prospect. Until Justus Sheffield shows 1-2 seasons where he is a capable starter the Yankees have the edge in that trade.

We are all excited about Kelenic and Dunn but until they get called up and show they are who they project to be the Mets still have the edge on that trade.

Right completely agree. Fortunately these moves weren't made to look good in 2019 or even 2020 necessarily. And another big component is the salary relief both will ultimately provide. The reality was the best of Paxton and Cano was either behind them or will be behind them before the M's can compete.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to worry about "being that guy" cause there is a whole fan base that feels the same way.
They have burned time and time again, so anything they say is just lip service to us.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will forever be looked at the deadline that could’ve changed the franchise but they kept Jerry and didn’t deal guys who would’ve been the top of the market.

2018 was almost as damaging as 2009 in the sense that the team played way above their head. At least Jerry was ultimately smarter then Jack in that regard. However ideally the team wouldnt have started the 1st half of 2018 good so they could have got the rebuild started sooner.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times reports that the Mariners have a "standing offer" out to free agent right-hander Taijuan Walker.
That offer consists of a one-year deal and an opportunity at the fifth spot in the Mariners' rotation. Walker is just a few days removed from a workout in front of about 20 scouts and is said to be mulling multiple offers. It's unclear if a decision is imminent. Walker, now 27 years old, has been limited to 14 innings over the past two seasons due to Tommy John surgery and a shoulder issue.

Free agent right-hander Taijuan Walker is throwing in Cubs' camp on Monday.
The two sides don't have a deal in place, as the Cubs merely plan to take a look at him. Things could progress depending on how things go. Walker has barely pitched the past two seasons and reportedly struggled with his velocity in a recent workout, but that hasn't stopped teams from calling. The Mariners reportedly have a one-year "standing offer" on the table.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay I’ll say it first, that has got to be the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard of, “ letting the higher seed pick who they want to play”

Why do you care you are a Mariners fan so it will never matter...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life as a Mariners fan when DIPoto talks future playoffs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess this woulda been newsworthy a few years ago. He showed last year that he may not be much without Coors Field though