• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz when we signed Elliott we broke the Minnesota trend. i dont believe he has any ties to Minny.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go, to prove I’m not always defending Fletch.

If Miller (VGK) was available for a 2nd and 5th, Fletcher should’ve done that over Niskanen or Braun. He’s better. He’s cheaper. And that’s pittance to give up.

He missed the boat here.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go, to prove I’m not always defending Fletch.

If Miller (VGK) was available for a 2nd and 5th, Fletcher should’ve done that over Niskanen or Braun. He’s better. He’s cheaper. And that’s pittance to give up.

He missed the boat here.

I’m going to disagree with you. I’m going to defend Fletcher from the standpoint of the fact that he had a clear plan and he executed it. His goal was to improve the overall team defensive play. All of Hayes, Niskanen, Braun and Pitlick are strong defensive players. Did he overpay a little for Braun? Yes, but he got the guy he wanted. Those saying he should have gone after Subban or Miller are missing the point. Neither of those guys are good defensive players, and we just watched two strong defensive teams compete for the Cup.

Was Fletchers plan itself a good one? We won’t know until October, maybe even longer as it will take time for any chemistry to develop with all of the new faces.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to disagree with you. I’m going to defend Fletcher from the standpoint of the fact that he had a clear plan and he executed it. His goal was to improve the overall team defensive play. All of Hayes, Niskanen, Braun and Pitlick are strong defensive players. Did he overpay a little for Braun? Yes, but he got the guy he wanted. Those saying he should have gone after Subban or Miller are missing the point. Neither of those guys are good defensive players, and we just watched two strong defensive teams compete for the Cup.

Was Fletchers plan itself a good one? We won’t know until October, maybe even longer as it will take time for any chemistry to develop with all of the new faces.

Definitely see your/Fletcher’s point. But given the assets traded and the caliber of player, I would’ve preferred Miller to Braun at least.

We’ll see how it works out in the end. I’m definitely excited to see how this team performs. I do think they’re significantly better than last year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers buying out Schlemko. Kind of an odd move. Could’ve just buried him in the minors, only save 125K more buying him out, at the expense of 600k on the cap next year. Must want the contract slot and the playing time for the kids?

Fletcher has said in his interviews we should expect some signings, likely mostly depth signings, in free agency here. So I guess we’ll see what happens.

He’s definitely cleaning out the garbage though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be true but IMO we are a better hockey team with a better shot at going deep into the playoffs with PK Subban on our defense instead of Nisky and Braun.
I have to disagree sum of the parts. These guys will help the team in more areas especially the PK. Subban is weak in areas of need plus a pussy diver.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tic toc. Tomorrow will be interesting across the league.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the number of people around the league who just don't think much of Fletcher...and the fact that TK and Provorov remain unsigned....I am really finding it hard to even be enthused about Free Agent Frenzy.

I don't see anything happening unless it is to further muddy the waters. I actually am starting to miss Clarke and Homer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple names that don't seem to be tagged anywhere quite yet..

Ferland
Vanek
Chiasson
Pominville
Wilson
Simmonds
Ennis
Cousins

If Fletch is looking for a 3W.