• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hope our youngsters come along... there are a number of years of development, and I do have visions of Flyers becoming a consistent contender. Thinking about the Blues this year... a lot will have to go our way (as happened with the Blues) to bring home the hardware.

The Flyers cannot dictate the market price for players. I would go even further to say that based on the futility over the last 4 decades, and the nasty nature of the fan base, Flyers have to pay a premium to get players interested. IF we ever get to consistency and contention for the CUP, then you might see players actually wanting to come to Philly
So adding mediocre players to the rooster does what?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see if we lose anyone due to lack of cap space now.

There's already talk of Ghost getting dealt to make more cap space.

And for what???? I thought Ghosts contract was so cap friendly....It's just insane.

Then add to it you trade a guy that was productive on D and hang onto 30% of his contract....WTF

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? Tell me who you are getting for 7 million a year
Hayes has only cracked 50 points once, isn't that great of a skater and can kill penalties but is not awesome at it, and also I believe has never played a full season, he was over paid in every fashion. Oh well at least I'm used to not making the cup so I wont be upset Come next spring, or next spring, or next spring...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes has only cracked 50 points once, isn't that great of a skater and can kill penalties but is not awesome at it, and also I believe has never played a full season, he was over paid in every fashion. Oh well at least I'm used to not making the cup so I wont be upset Come next spring, or next spring, or next spring...
So would you rather have them brought in Matt Duchene for 10 million a year

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's already talk of Ghost getting dealt to make more cap space.

And for what???? I thought Ghosts contract was so cap friendly....It's just insane.

Then add to it you trade a guy that was productive on D and hang onto 30% of his contract....WTF
I'm sure There's a 30+ year old with exp we can trade him for, maybe get 2 years of use from.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Rangers did? How do you know what he wants

You still all twisted about the comments I made towards G's leadership???
I've stated nothing different than anyone else here yet you want to get your panties twisted over what I said....

How do you know it isn't what he wants????
Let's play this game Jr.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have improved defensively and on the PK significantly but are we a stanley cup team? Im not looking for just being improved after waiting so long for a cup.I thought we could've made better use of the second and third round picks and think if we were going to over pay for a 2nd line center we should've overpaid Duchene. But that's just me trying to get us a cup any way i can.
You're assuming Duchene would sign here. As I said above, we are improved for the short term. We still could use a top 9 player to play 3RW. As awaz mentioned above, the cap space has fallen like a rock over the last few days.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else a little nervous? I mean really?

7+ million for Hayes? Was that really going to be the market value? It feels like we just bought out AMac so we had to pay another role player top line money so we had a whipping boy.

I hope that Hayes works out, I really do, but that is just a lot of money for a 2/3 when you know Patrick is going to be coming off his entry level next year. And you have the shopping list of RFA's to deal with.

OOh, and don't worry about Hartman. Let him walk. IMHO.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've started nothing different than anyone else here yet you want to get your panties twisted over what I said....

Let's play this game Jr.
??? G's comments. Dude get over yourself. I have no memory of having anybdebate of the source with you.
Stay on topic you mentioned trouba. We signed a forward not a defenseman. It's apples and oranges bud

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was thinking last night.... before the Hayes deal was announced. If I'm Fletcher, I'm saying to Hayes' agent - $5.5MM / 5 years. Deal comes off the table on June 23, 12:01AM, because I will be putting offer sheet into Point for $9MM/7 years.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated nothing different than anyone else here yet you want to get your panties twisted over what I said....

Let's play this game Jr.
If you think my panties were Twisted then buddy you have a sensitive side man. Sorry but I can't help you with your issues

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming Duchene would sign here. As I said above, we are improved for the short term. We still could use a top 9 player to play 3RW. As awaz mentioned above, the cap space has fallen like a rock over the last few days.
So how do we work a 3rw and sign our remaining players?