• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick look at the cap..

51.2M spent on:
Giroux
Voracek
JvR
Couturier
Raffl
Patrick
Lindblom

Niskanen
Ghost
Braun
Hagg
Morin

Hart

Gudas retention, AMac buyout

Assumption for adders:
Hayes - 6.5M
Hartman - 2.5M
Laughton - 1.7M
Konecny - 3.3M (bridge deal)
Sanheim - 2.9M (bridge deal)
Provorov - 6.7M (6 years)
Backup Goalie - 2.75M (based off Elliot's last deal)

Total: 77.5M / projected 82M cap (11 fwd / 7 d / 2 g)

So they've got about 4.5M to spend on a 3W, 13th fwd, and/or bigger deals for Konecny or Sanheim.

That's tighter than I realized, and a little uncomfortable. Was hoping to be able to do like a 4.5 x 4 for Sanheim and a 5x5 for Konency. Take the risk on overpaying them now in hopes they progress in to steals in the next couple years. That leaves you 1.2 for your last 2 fwds, so I don't think you can do both of those.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they've got about 4.5M to spend on a 3W, 13th fwd, and/or bigger deals for Konecny or Sanheim.
I keep seeing the Hartman $2.5 million number. I dont get it. I think Brett Connoly would fit into 3W nicely and be affordable.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing the Hartman $2.5 million number. I dont get it. I think Brett Connoly would fit into 3W nicely and be affordable.

That's the projection EW came up with. Could be more, could be less. IMO, he doesn't deserve that much, but I guess we'll see. Could always elect to let him walk, but I'd love to see a Raffl-Laughton-Hartman 4th line.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning still have some work to do with just under $7 million in projected cap space. The team has Brayden Point to sign to a big contract. They also must deal with smaller RFA contracts for Adam Erne, Cedric Paquette, and Danick Martel, though none of them will be busting the bank. The Lightning will have to deal with Ryan Callahan and his $5.8 million cap hit and the team is exploring trade options for the right winger.

If the team cannot trade Callahan, then they will need to buy him out before the end of the buy-out period which ends June 30th. J.T. Miller could also end up on the trading block if the Lightning need to find more salary cap space for Point’s contract and another addition in free agency.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Mildly irritated by that one. We don't know all the details of course, but on the surface that sure looks like a play the Flyers could have and should have made.

We'll see how Trouba's RFA negotiations go with NYR.

Also Chevaldayoff is an idiot. Why wouldn't you let other teams negotiate with Trouba? Absent that certainty nobody was going to give a major haul for him. Only reason I can think of to do that would be if Trouba has said "I'm going to UFA no matter what". But still, even if that's the worst case, how is that any worse than not letting them talk to him?
Apparently Trouba boxed them in with a list of three teams. I'm hearing that he also wouldn't sign beforehand to keep his leverage. This guys a piece of work I want nothing to do with him. Who knows he may screw over the rags which would make me laugh...

The Jets are probably saving around 6 M as Pionk is around 2 M so they may be thinking about another FA or trade. Myers may stay and they need money for their own. Will be interesting how things play out...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa it's done. I think that it's a good fit as he will be the third line center when Patrick earns it. He could also play wing and kill penalties. This team is looking good for playoffs and possibly more if the young guys keep improving...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a lot of money for Hayes, but I think this signing had to be done. I feel better about this getting done and I understand it was a fifth rounder being thrown out, but I love having those picks. I'm the end, it was worth giving up a fifth to have this happen. As for Braun, it's tough given up a 22nd and 3rd rounder for an 32 year old dman. However, it's business and this addition may be what exactly we need to continue to improve our young defensemen. I'm starting to like this deal the more I think about it. I also think Fletcher has one more trade possibly in the making. It may be to move up in the draft from 11 and move into anywhere from 5-10 spot?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh. That’s a big contract. I like the fit, but yowza.

Fletch didn’t waste any time spending all that cap space. Taking into account the RFAs they have to sign, they’re about out of space now.

But the on ice product is going to be significantly better next year. We have that to look forward to.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now someone cancel Fletcher’s long distance plan. Your own RFAs only from here on out Chuck.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll be the minority, oh wait looking at Flyers nation they agree, a horrible signing! Seven years for this fuckin dude, really? What a fuckin waste of money. Welcome to the above mediocre Flyers for the next 5 fuckin years. Might as well trade Hart to for some old vet goalie with about three years left. Funny part is people think Hayes is a great player, I must be seeing a different player I guess. Seriously if you think these 3 signing put our team in any cup conversation you're higher than me. Small improvements if they pan out, another 3 year plan begins.:L

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok I'll be the minority, oh wait looking at Flyers nation they agree, a horrible signing! Seven years for this fuckin dude, really? What a fuckin waste of money. Welcome to the above mediocre Flyers for the next 5 fuckin years. Might as well trade Hart to for some old vet goalie with about three years left. Funny part is people think Hayes is a great player, I must be seeing a different player I guess. Seriously if you think these 3 signing put our team in any cup conversation you're higher than me. Small improvements if they pan out, another 3 year plan begins.:L
i just dont understand how a player who had never eclipsed 55 points in a season gets 7 years at 7.1 million. He's essentially the same player as couterier but not as good. oh well, not sure where the money for any of our RFA's is going to come from now. was really hoping we went out and got a goal scorer, but i guess thats JVR's role, our big signing last year :L

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just dont understand how a player who had never eclipsed 55 points in a season gets 7 years at 7.1 million. He's essentially the same player as couterier but not as good. oh well, not sure where the money for any of our RFA's is going to come from now. was really hoping we went out and got a goal scorer, but i guess thats JVR's role, our big signing last year :L
Seriously though, who was even giving this guy 5 years at 7.1? Why do we always get the worst of both worlds, if you are going to give him that annually why do we have to do 7 friggin years. So he gets along with Vigneault, all things considered the chanced he is here 7 years from now is slim. WTF

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to see what Duchesne's contract looks like before I evaluate this signing. It certainly won't be at the 6.5 mil/yr someone on here suggested back when we were discussing Hayes at 6 mil. :nono::lol:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other side of Trouba is the fit with the Flyers. His major value is being an offensive defensemen. If Ghost still QB's PP1 and you take that away from Trouba, he puts up significantly fewer points. What do you do with a 7M+ OFD that doesn't play PP1 and doesn't put up 45+ points?

The Flyers have their offensive defensemen in Sanhiem and Ghost. Provorov and Myers possibly too. They needed guys to shut it down on the backend. Braun and Niskanen fit that better than Trouba does.

I'm still skeptical that Trouba wasn't the better add. But there's logic to doing what Fletcher has done instead.
I would think if we landed Trouba that Ghost would be traded thus resolving that conflict.