• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why Kurtis Gabriel is still on this team and wasn't one of the cuts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan Frost will be sidelined for the final two preseason games
This will straw which has him become a Phantom and one of the first call ups.

Yep. Unfortunate. I really want to see what Frost can do in the NHL. He's got the highest offensive upside of any of the prospects IMO. Looks like Farabee and maybe Rubtsov are ahead of him in terms of NHL readiness anyway, so he was probably AHL bound regardless. I'm just excited to see him, whenever that is.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Unfortunate. I really want to see what Frost can do in the NHL. He's got the highest offensive upside of any of the prospects IMO. Looks like Farabee and maybe Rubtsov are ahead of him in terms of NHL readiness anyway, so he was probably AHL bound regardless. I'm just excited to see him, whenever that is.

I have to assume that is why he wasn't that impressive. Hope he heals up and comes back stronger.
No way he isn't an early call up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say anyone has been overly impressive in this one. Other than Pasternak and Marchand. They’ve kinda been dominating unfortunately.

I like how quick Hayes’ stick his. Helps him win a lot battles on the boards. He’s also pretty aggressive which I like. I think Laughton has played a real strong game. Lindblom has been fine. Nice feed by JvR on TK’s goal, other than that the top group seems to be playing a lot of defense. Don’t really like the makeup of that line anyway.

To my eyes, Friedman, Morin, Braun, and Myers all kinda fighting it tonight. Makes it tough to really get anything going.

Haven’t noticed Rubtsov at all.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say anyone has been overly impressive in this one. Other than Pasternak and Marchand. They’ve kinda been dominating unfortunately.

I like how quick Hayes’ stick his. Helps him win a lot battles on the boards. He’s also pretty aggressive which I like. I think Laughton has played a real strong game. Lindblom has been fine. Nice feed by JvR on TK’s goal, other than that the top group seems to be playing a lot of defense. Don’t really like the makeup of that line anyway.

To my eyes, Friedman, Morin, Braun, and Myers all kinda fighting it tonight. Makes it tough to really get anything going.

Haven’t noticed Rubtsov at all.

Reading some twitter post game, seems the hockey writers thought the Braun/Ghost pair was "very good again". So maybe I missed something.

Also feel like the Flyers must've dominated the 3rd period, because most of the professionals seem encouraged by the game on the whole. I thought they were kinda meh through 2 periods haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also saw a gif of AV saying "Eh, can't win with goaltending like that, it's shit". Definitely thought the 1st goal was soft. 2nd was fine. Didn't see 3 and 4.

We'll see how Elliot handles that being caught on video though. Hopefully it's no big deal, he seems like a good dude, probably knows when he didn't play well.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster down to 27. Sent down today Rubstov, Vorobyev, Aube-Kubel. With Patrick and Pitlick injured, it looks like Farabee, Bunnaman and Twarynski may make it. Frost is also one of the 27. For unknown reasons, Stewart is also one of the 27.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster down to 27. Sent down today Rubstov, Vorobyev, Aube-Kubel. With Patrick and Pitlick injured, it looks like Farabee, Bunnaman and Twarynski may make it. Frost is also one of the 27. For unknown reasons, Stewart is also one of the 27.

Surprised a little bit at Rubtsov and Aube-Kubel. Thought Rubtsov would stick around a little longer. Aube-Kubel is a bit surprising because he needs waivers. I'm not super concerned he'll get claimed, but there's a bit of a risk.

Also notable on the good side, Andreoff and Gabriel both on waivers as well. Won't be wasting NHL roster spots on those guys.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that leaves..

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom/JvR-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom/JvR-Laughton-Farabee
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twarynski

Stewart, Frost (inj), Pitlick (inj), Patrick (inj)

Provorov-Niskanen
Ghost-Braun
Sanheim-Myers

Morin, Hagg, Welinski (inj)

Hart
Elliot

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that leaves..

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twarynski

Provorov-Niskanen
Ghost-Braun
Sanheim-Myers

Hart
Elliot

So Stewart is the last guy we really need to 'worry' about making the team. I'd prefer JvR with Hayes/Voracek, Lindblom with Laughton/Farabee. Mostly because I think JvR-Laughton-Farabee would be pretty ineffective.

Curious to hear some updates on Frost/Patrick in particular.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised a little bit at Rubtsov and Aube-Kubel. Thought Rubtsov would stick around a little longer. Aube-Kubel is a bit surprising because he needs waivers. I'm not super concerned he'll get claimed, but there's a bit of a risk.

Also notable on the good side, Andreoff and Gabriel both on waivers as well. Won't be wasting NHL roster spots on those guys.
I think his lack of success on FO's got him sent down.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that leaves..

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twarynski

Provorov-Niskanen
Ghost-Braun
Sanheim-Myers

Hart
Elliot

Just my thoughts: I'm going to pull a lasgop and beat my past dead horse about Laughton - no way he should be 3C for any length of time. Bump Giroux to 3C, Laughton to 4C and Farabee to 1LW. Hopefully this is very short term, but I think we're all having doubts about Patrick returning. If Stewart makes the team as the 13th forward and signs for less than $1 mil. I'm fine with it. He's a good character guy and can probably play 25-30 games bringing energy/toughness to the 4th line. A bigger role or more money and forget it. The Sanheim-Myers pairing has not been good. I know Myers has been hot and cold but they just don't seem to gel regardless. Since the other two pairings seem to be working out I hope it doesn't mean we see more of Hagg than we should. Not sure what happens with Morin. The ideal course would be to send him to the Phantoms to get some playing time, but I would guess it's less than 50% likely he clears waivers. Having him sit as the 8th d-man does no one any good, though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts: I'm going to pull a lasgop and beat my past dead horse about Laughton - no way he should be 3C for any length of time. Bump Giroux to 3C, Laughton to 4C and Farabee to 1LW. Hopefully this is very short term, but I think we're all having doubts about Patrick returning. If Stewart makes the team as the 13th forward and signs for less than $1 mil. I'm fine with it. He's a good character guy and can probably play 25-30 games bringing energy/toughness to the 4th line. A bigger role or more money and forget it. The Sanheim-Myers pairing has not been good. I know Myers has been hot and cold but they just don't seem to gel regardless. Since the other two pairings seem to be working out I hope it doesn't mean we see more of Hagg than we should. Not sure what happens with Morin. The ideal course would be to send him to the Phantoms to get some playing time, but I would guess it's less than 50% likely he clears waivers. Having him sit as the 8th d-man does no one any good, though.

I think I'd rather gamble that a Lindblom-Laughton-Farabee line can tread water for a few weeks (hopefully) and those 1st and 2nd lines can carry play; rather than break up Giroux/Couturier. Mostly because it throws other turmoil in there. If your preferred 2nd line is JvR-Hayes-Voracek, and you keep that together, then you have Couturier/Konecny on the top line, Giroux/Farabee on the "3rd line". Which line gets Lindblom? And the other one gets, Raffl? I don't really love that scenario either.

Maybe you break up the 2nd line too, but at that point you're just throwing everything in to a blender and putting the forward chemistry/gelling on pause until Patrick (or Frost?) can take over as 3C. I don't love that. They need a good start this year, I think going blender style builds in another excuse for a slow start. If you keep Giroux on the wing, at least your top 6 can remain constant and build chemistry. 2/3rds of your 3rd line can too. Laughton on the 3rd line isn't ideal, but hopefully it's short term.

Unless they plan on playing Hagg (not what I want either), I don't see how the 3rd pair isn't boom/bust all season. They only have 3 guys that can really be the calm/anchor influence on a pair, and you're using two of them on the Provorov/Niskanen pair. Whatever combination ends up your 3rd pair, Sanheim/Myers (most likely it seems) or Ghost/Myers, is going to be two risk takers that try to push play. Sometimes that's going to work, sometimes it's not. I think we just have to hope the former outnumbers the latter. Unless AV and Yeo can figure out how to reign them in without crippling their best traits.