• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure Patrick will be available to be that third line center. I think Rubstov is playing well enough to take that spot in his often injured career.
If healthy I think it will be Patrick for sure. If not, Rubstov would be my pick over Frost.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy I think it will be Patrick for sure. If not, Rubstov would be my pick over Frost.
so ... what is the expectation of the 3rd line ? Additional scoring ? Shutdown line ? We're just putting the best players on the ice and hoping for the best ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ahead just a bit...
I have to believe that AV with his two top assistants will be light years better game day coaches than Hakstol and company. That being said, what will the line match ups look like to make it difficult for the opposition to match up to.
Seems like we are building a 1st line that is all about speed and skill; a second line that is big and bulky; so what to do with the 3rd and 4th ?

Do the Flyers do traditional 3rd line "checking line" and whatever the 4th line is ....., or is there something more innovative? There are more 2 way forwards these days.... Do the Flyers try to have a 'skill & speed' 3rd in order to wear down the oppositions traditional 'checking line' ?

My biggest hope is that we see a very innovating game day approach and force the opposition to match us, versus Hakstol being at least 2, mostly 4 line changes behind the competition and always trying to catch up.
We just need to get off to a good start whichever lines we use because traditionally we start off bad and we play catch up all season long.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to get off to a good start whichever lines we use because traditionally we start off bad and we play catch up all season long.
Agree - first 5 - 10 games are critical to get off to a good start.... But what do we do to get there ? I believe with the coaching horsepower behind the bench, we should be super aggressive with getting the match ups - on ice - that we want.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this are shaping out to look like this

Giroux Couturier Konecny
JVR Hayes Voracek
Lindbolm Patrick Farabee
Raffl Laughton Pitlick/Voroybev/Rubtsov/NAK (not sure what happens here, think it mainly depends on Pitlick's health)

I think this is pretty close. They seem to be keeping Rubtsov and Frost at center in camp. So I would say 3W is Farabee's to lose at this point. If he wins it, you have something like EVille posted here. If he loses it, based on Rubtsov playing every preseason game so far, I think he's your 4C and Laughton/Raffl/Pitlick move up to 3W.

Frost, to me, seems ticketed for the AHL. They've been playing him at C, where there really isn't an opening in the top 9 where you'd want to play Frost.

Unless Patrick isn't ready to start the season. Then there's any opening there IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - first 5 - 10 games are critical to get off to a good start.... But what do we do to get there ? I believe with the coaching horsepower behind the bench, we should be super aggressive with getting the match ups - on ice - that we want.

I think Line 3 is another scoring line. They have the horses for it. Patrick and Lindblom/JvR will make up 2/3rds of it. Which was essentially what you started last year with as a potential 2nd line. The 4th line becomes more of your energy/checking line. Laughton and Raffl are stout defensively, and pending who that 3rd guy is, you've got a good checking line. Especially considering the coaches probably want Giroux/Couturier out there against the other team's top line. So the 'checking line' is really looking to shut down the other team's #2.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant watch tonight so whoever sees the game posts a report.
Going to try to watch... but my analytical skills aren't anything to brag about

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through 2 periods
nisky / provy - liking it
48 /49 - frost / farabee - looked like they belong. but have to play with other youngsters old guys don't seem ready for their creative puck movement. just add 50... rubtsov... make one of them a winger

myers looked lost
elliot shaky for 30 minutes
something is wrong with ghost

probably have this all wrong

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through 2 periods
nisky / provy - liking it
48 /49 - frost / farabee - looked like they belong. but have to play with other youngsters old guys don't seem ready for their creative puck movement. just add 50... rubtsov... make one of them a winger

myers looked lost
elliot shaky for 30 minutes
something is wrong with ghost

probably have this all wrong
Bruins 3, Flyers 1: Another preseason game, another loss

According to this you were pretty spot on.

If Ghost looked like he did the first game he needs to get a lot better.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far we have played three game and have 4 goals. We need to pick up the scoring a bit.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3