• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart was good its so nice to see him be one step ahead of the shooters on cross ice passes

Aube-Kubel probably the best forward on the Flyers last night

Raffl good in spurts

Laughton also good in spurts

Sanheim invisible

Hagg was terrible in the first and played better as the game went on but nothing that will make him crack the line up

Gabriel should never wear a Flyer uniform again after dropping his gloves and not fighting at all and crying to the linesmen
Fight: Johnston Goes After Flyers Tough Guy - MSGNetworks.com

Another 6 shot first period as per usual.

Havent seen the pace pushed in the first two games maybe Coach V is waiting for everyone to get settled in.
I thought Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov looked pretty good. Rubtsov better work on face-offs, however, if he wants to play Center.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart was good its so nice to see him be one step ahead of the shooters on cross ice passes

Aube-Kubel probably the best forward on the Flyers last night

Raffl good in spurts

Laughton also good in spurts

Sanheim invisible

Hagg was terrible in the first and played better as the game went on but nothing that will make him crack the line up

Gabriel should never wear a Flyer uniform again after dropping his gloves and not fighting at all and crying to the linesmen
Fight: Johnston Goes After Flyers Tough Guy - MSGNetworks.com

Another 6 shot first period as per usual.

Havent seen the pace pushed in the first two games maybe Coach V is waiting for everyone to get settled in.
I agree with your assessment of the game. I watched it to and just figured it was a bunch of kids not going to make the squad. And yes that Gabriel dude was quite embarrassing!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov looked pretty good. Rubtsov better work on face-offs, however, if he wants to play Center.
You are correct Rubstov looked good i forgot to add him. Good catch.:thumb:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment of the game. I watched it to and just figured it was a bunch of kids not going to make the squad. And yes that Gabriel dude was quite embarrassing!
Surprising he wasn't one of the cuts today.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like TK, if he truly thinks this then he needs to play 100% every game. He should be a true leader this season, hope to see him and others finally step up this year.
He lead by example last season and i have no doubt he will do the same this season.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ahead just a bit...
I have to believe that AV with his two top assistants will be light years better game day coaches than Hakstol and company. That being said, what will the line match ups look like to make it difficult for the opposition to match up to.
Seems like we are building a 1st line that is all about speed and skill; a second line that is big and bulky; so what to do with the 3rd and 4th ?

Do the Flyers do traditional 3rd line "checking line" and whatever the 4th line is ....., or is there something more innovative? There are more 2 way forwards these days.... Do the Flyers try to have a 'skill & speed' 3rd in order to wear down the oppositions traditional 'checking line' ?

My biggest hope is that we see a very innovating game day approach and force the opposition to match us, versus Hakstol being at least 2, mostly 4 line changes behind the competition and always trying to catch up.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ahead just a bit...
I have to believe that AV with his two top assistants will be light years better game day coaches than Hakstol and company. That being said, what will the line match ups look like to make it difficult for the opposition to match up to.
Seems like we are building a 1st line that is all about speed and skill; a second line that is big and bulky; so what to do with the 3rd and 4th ?

Do the Flyers do traditional 3rd line "checking line" and whatever the 4th line is ....., or is there something more innovative? There are more 2 way forwards these days.... Do the Flyers try to have a 'skill & speed' 3rd in order to wear down the oppositions traditional 'checking line' ?

My biggest hope is that we see a very innovating game day approach and force the opposition to match us, versus Hakstol being at least 2, mostly 4 line changes behind the competition and always trying to catch up.
I'm thinking this are shaping out to look like this

Giroux Couturier Konecny
JVR Hayes Voracek
Lindbolm Patrick Farabee
Raffl Laughton Pitlick/Voroybev/Rubtsov/NAK (not sure what happens here, think it mainly depends on Pitlick's health)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this are shaping out to look like this

Giroux Couturier Konecny
JVR Hayes Voracek
Lindbolm Patrick Farabee
Raffl Laughton Pitlick/Voroybev/Rubtsov/NAK (not sure what happens here, think it mainly depends on Pitlick's health)
Are we sure Patrick will be available to be that third line center. I think Rubstov is playing well enough to take that spot in his often injured career.