• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Blatt was fired in 2016, the year they won the championship lol

So let me get this straight. The Warriors in 2015 with homecourt took 6 games to win with the cavs having actual injuries to both stars who missed actual entire series. Then the 2016 GS warriors, who had their entire team, a much better team with championship experience loses on their own court in a 7 game series. You know why teams have never lost a 7 games series after being up 3-1 and game 7 on their own court? Funny i don't see any comments about injuries when they took their 3-1 lead in the 2016 finals thread? You have to be significantly better to win a 7 game series on the road. It's no coincidence that the Cavs had a much better offensive ranking and close to the same defensive ranking and that explains who really was the better team. So if we conclude that the cavs were significantly better in 2016, odds are they were way better in 2015. You can try the injury excuse, but that didn't seem to come up until they started losing. You can even pretend the Cavs also didn't have any injuries that year either or in the finals? Maybe they got the injuries after game 4? Odd!

Lets also not forget this was Kyrie and Love's first finals experience and playing time. You can desperately try to claim injuries that were not there or you could except the more logical explanation that a team of Lebron/Kyrie/love is just better than a team of Curry/Thompson/Green

The Curry injury was discussed ad nasuem throughout the playoffs.

Bogut and Iggy got hurt in game 5. So of course those injuries weren't discussed when GS was up 3-1. And honestly, with a hobbled Curry + Iggy and Ezeli playing Bogut's minutes, the Cavs were the better team. But it required every bit of that to happen.

Nice try though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Blatt was fired in 2016, the year they won the championship lol

So let me get this straight. The Warriors in 2015 with homecourt took 6 games to win with the cavs having actual injuries to both stars who missed actual entire series. Then the 2016 GS warriors, who had their entire team, a much better team with championship experience loses on their own court in a 7 game series. You know why teams have never lost a 7 games series after being up 3-1 and game 7 on their own court? Funny i don't see any comments about injuries when they took their 3-1 lead in the 2016 finals thread? You have to be significantly better to win a 7 game series on the road, let alone a game 7 on the road. It's no coincidence that the Cavs had a much better offensive ranking and close to the same defensive ranking and that explains who really was the better team. So if we conclude that the cavs were significantly better in 2016, odds are they were way better in 2015. You can try the injury excuse, but that didn't seem to come up until they started losing. You can even pretend the Cavs also didn't have any injuries that year either or in the finals? Maybe they got the injuries after game 4? Odd!

Lets also not forget this was Kyrie and Love's first finals experience and playing time. You can desperately try to claim injuries that were not there or you could except the more logical explanation that a team of Lebron/Kyrie/love is just better than a team of Curry/Thompson/Green

Exactly.

Meaning Blatt was the coach in 2015. Duh.

He wasn't fired because of a cold stretch in 2016. He was fired because of the team dysfunction throughout his tenure as coach. LeBron had no respect for him.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Curry injury was discussed ad nasuem throughout the playoffs.

Bogut and Iggy got hurt in game 5. So of course those injuries weren't discussed when GS was up 3-1. And honestly, with a hobbled Curry + Iggy and Ezeli playing Bogut's minutes, the Cavs were the better team. But it required every bit of that to happen.

Nice try though.

Curry is always injured when they are not winning right?

How do you explain Curry putting up the same stats when he was healthy then. You would think an injury would affect that. You think the Cavs were 100%, Love and Irving both missed a game and mozgov got injured as well. You can make excuses all you want but the numbers on offense and defense said the cavs were the better team, even before your excuses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you explain Curry putting up the same stats when he was healthy then. You would think an injury would affect that. You think the Cavs were 100%, Love and Irving both missed a game and mozgov got injured as well. You can make excuses all you want but the numbers on offense and defense said the cavs were the better team, even before your excuses.

He tore his meniscus dude. And he came back like 3 weeks later.

If you watched the games, he was nowhere near right. That is the reason you are able to claim Kyrie owned him in that series. Because, by every other measure every other season Curry has clearly been the superior player and it isn't close.

But this has gotten so far off track it isn't funny. Point is, you called me biased, and I don't think there is a single poster in this forum more biased than you. And that is saying something, because there are a few serious trolls in here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving did not miss a game. The Cavs played their best game of the series when Love sat and Mozgov was basically out of the rotation. He played 25 minutes in 5 games. Most of which coming in games 2 and 3 garbage time.

Damn this is easy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

@lebron23james just sent me another DM saying this:

"Damn I just slapped you around today"

The hilarious thing is that he probably really believes that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

funny how you say if one player's injured, it's an excuse, but if the other guy is out, it becomes the capper for his argument...

I dunno, coach... :heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how you say if one player's injured, it's an excuse, but if the other guy is out, it becomes the capper for his argument...

I dunno either.

The other funny thing is that a pretty high percentage of his stats are completely fabricated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

He can't back up anything he says and then pretends hes the expert on the matter.

I mean DAMN and you thought I was bad lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tore his meniscus dude. And he came back like 3 weeks later.

If you watched the games, he was nowhere near right. That is the reason you are able to claim Kyrie owned him in that series. Because, by every other measure every other season Curry has clearly been the superior player and it isn't close.

But this has gotten so far off track it isn't funny. Point is, you called me biased, and I don't think there is a single poster in this forum more biased than you. And that is saying something, because there are a few serious trolls in here.

Here’s how many days Curry will have before each round: (avg injury lasts 14 days)

Days until second round begins: 6–8 days
Days until conference finals begins: 21–23 days
Days until Finals begins: 38 days

So, assuming Curry misses about two weeks, the Warriors star could be expected to miss a solid chunk of the second round.

In round 3 he was scoring 30+ and doing 360's in the layup line, clear sign of someone who was "hurt"

He had a grade 1 sprain in the 1st round of the playoffs lol....3 weeks later is actually longer than the average time for that type of injury and the finals was over a month from when it happened.

Irving hurt his knee and hurt his leg in game 6.

You do realize that Irving at 23 was winning the nba championship well Curry couldn't even get his team to the playoffs

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving did not miss a game. The Cavs played their best game of the series when Love sat and Mozgov was basically out of the rotation. He played 25 minutes in 5 games. Most of which coming in games 2 and 3 garbage time.

Damn this is easy.

Irving injured his foot in game 6

Damn that was easy

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in my example the 2 players who were actually hurt didn't play the entire series

In his example the players played every game and claimed he was fine, well Tlance claims he wasn't...Seems quite different, but that's just me lol

My example is real, his is just an excuse for why they lost

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in my example the 2 players who were actually hurt didn't play the entire series

In his example the players played every game and claimed he was fine, well Tlance claims he wasn't...Seems quite different, but that's just me lol

My example is real, his is just an excuse for why they lost

we'll as far as Curry saying "he was fine", what was he SUPPOSED to say? man, I'm as gimpy as a duck...?

but honestly imo NEITHER should be used as an excuse. Injuries happen. It is what it is...

and quite honestly, even if BOTH players were healthy who's to say what the outcomes would been...?

#letthepastBEthepast

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll as far as Curry saying "he was fine", what was he SUPPOSED to say? man, I'm as gimpy as a duck...?

but honestly imo NEITHER should be used as an excuse. Injuries happen. It is what it is...

and quite honestly, even if BOTH players were healthy who's to say what the outcome would been...?

#letthepastBEthepast

I consider an injury when a player doesn't play. Who is to say what % any player is that plays. Neither team goes into a finals at 100% so it's just dumb to bring up tbh.

If you look at the playoff stats for 2016 which Tlance keeps glancing over..

Cavs had an offensive rating of 112.5 and a defensive rating of 103.5

GS had an offensive rating of 108.4 and a defensive rating of 102.1

The cavs injuries aside had the better offensive and a similar defense, hence the fact that they were still able to win even on the road in a game 7. They were just a superior team. Had that game 7 been in Cle, it likely would have been a blowout.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the minuscus thing goes, had a close friend tear HIS when I used to ball. yeah, that's an injury you simply AIN'T bouncing back from in a matter of a few weeks...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the minuscus thing goes, had a close friend tear HIS when I used to ball. yeah, that's an injury you simply AIN'T bouncing back from in a matter of a few weeks...

Google him dancing around dropping 40 on portland in the 2nd round and the same on OKC...He was fine...Who dances around with a minuscus tear...he was moonwalking at one point lol

No surgery after the finals either...Which means it was a very low grade injury