• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wrote in 2016 once the cavs lose, "that excuse of not having kyrie and love will finally be put to bed"

Owned again sweetheart LO

No.

Because that comment does not in any way imply the Cavs are better without Kyrie and Love. All it says is that the Warriors were better than the Cavs with or without those guys.

Which has always been true. Even in 2016 when the Cavs won.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too close? Really?

Coming from the two biggest Cleveland homers on the planet?

Cmon now.

You claim I am biased against Kyrie. I have admitted where I have been wrong about him. But, 100% of
My analysis comes from a point of objectivity. You on the other hand? Not so much.

So we are homers now? Are team made the finals 4 times and won a championship. You can try to spin that all you want lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Because that comment does not in any way imply the Cavs are better without Kyrie and Love. All it says is that the Warriors were better than the Cavs with or without those guys.

Which has always been true. Even in 2016 when the Cavs won.

So the cavs beat the much better warriors, than the previous year warriors with kyrie and love

But would have lost to the much worse warriors the year before? That makes sense...lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not all that he said. But i figured you would try to glance over the finals comments. We are biased, under your name it says "kyrie hater". Draymond is on a stacked team, and Kyrie went toe to toe with lebron in 2016, draymond couldn't do that.

what exactly did you get from Those comments? Green was asked about Kyrie commenting on his belief that the Celtics could beat the Warriors. All he said was that Kyrie should believe his own team has a chance. That doesn't mean Draymond thinks the Celtics have a legit chance. Because barring injuries
To GS, they don't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily

2gtwz831.gif

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly did you get from Those comments? Green was asked about Kyrie commenting on his belief that the Celtics could beat the Warriors. All he said was that Kyrie should believe his own team has a chance. That doesn't mean Draymond thinks the Celtics have a legit chance. Because barring injuries
To GS, they don't.

That is not what he said actually. He said he should believe in his own team because he has done it before. He has hit the big shots on the biggest stage.

You also claimed Irving wasn't the leader of Boston and here is a video refuting that...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the cavs beat the much better warriors, than the previous year warriors with kyrie and love

But would have lost to the much worse warriors the year before? That makes sense...lol

The 2016 Cavs were much better than the 2015 version. They had more experience and a coach that the players actually respected, who happened to kick Steve Kerr's ass all series.

With or without Love and Kyrie, GS was better in 2015. Then, in 2016, the Cavs needed a Draymond suspension, injuries to Iggy and Bogut and Curry playing on 1 leg to eke out a 7 game victory requiring epic performances from both LeBron and Kyrie to do so.

Cleveland won, but GS was the better team over the course of the 2016 season.

Also, if we want to revisit past comments, I remember distinctly you saying GS made a mistake signing KD and that it would make them weaker. If you really want to dredge up old comments, you will lose. Mine are all defensible. Some of yours are just plain stupid.

Eventually, you might actually move on from your delusions. All that matters is that the 2 teams met in the Finals 4 times, and GS won 15 out of 22 games played. They were a lot better. Be thankful your Cavs were able to get the one that they did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what he said actually. He said he should believe in his own team because he has done it before. He has hit the big shots on the biggest stage.

You also claimed Irving wasn't the leader of Boston and here is a video refuting that...

I didn't say that. He probably is their leader. He is definitely their biggest name player with the most playoff experience. He might even be their best player on paper.

But they are damn good without him. And there is absolutely 0 evidence from the entire history of Kyrie Irving's playing career suggesting he has anywhere near as much impact on his team as the truly elite players do. Since LeBron arrived in Cleveland, Kyrie's teams have only been marginally better when he has been on the court vs. when he has been off it.

And in the NBA Finals?

When Kyrie was on the roster, Cleveland was 5-8 in games where Kyrie played, and 2-3 in games he didn't. And no, that doesn't mean they were better without him. But they weren't as much better with him as you think.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016 Cavs were much better than the 2015 version. They had more experience and a coach that the players actually respected, who happened to kick Steve Kerr's ass all series.

With or without Love and Kyrie, GS was better in 2015. Then, in 2016, the Cavs needed a Draymond suspension, injuries to Iggy and Bogut and Curry playing on 1 leg to eke out a 7 game victory requiring epic performances from both LeBron and Kyrie to do so.

Cleveland won, but GS was the better team over the course of the 2016 season.

Also, if we want to revisit past comments, I remember distinctly you saying GS made a mistake signing KD and that it would make them weaker. If you really want to dredge up old comments, you will lose. Mine are all defensible. Some of yours are just plain stupid.

Eventually, you might actually move on from your delusions. All that matters is that the 2 teams met in the Finals 4 times, and GS won 15 out of 22 games played. They were a lot better. Be thankful your Cavs were able to get the one that they did.

The 2016 cavs were much better than the 2015 version BECAUSE they had Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. What's next, the Celtics in 2019 are better than the 2018 Celtics because they have Kyrie and Hayward?

I disagree. In 2015, that was the first finals appearance for the Warriors. None of them had finals experience. They had the wind at their back going into the next season, with finals experience and home court once again in the finals. The number back this up that 2016 was a much better team than 2015. The warriors struggled to beat the cavs in 2015 with the next best player as delly, and holding HC it still went 6.

The only time GS (pre durant)beat the cavs core was when GS didn't face Irving or love. You say they "needed" a green suspension but glance over the fact that Love and Irving also missed a game in that series. Nice excuse tho? What was your excuse for the other 2 games Green played in that they lost? Injuries to curry? You mean the guy that was putting up 30+ and doing 360's in the layup line in the series before the cavs? An injury means you miss the entire series, like Irving and Love did kid.

As for the GS comment, that was more just a hope it plays out, but not actually believing it. You actually think a cavs team with Kyrie and love is no better than a cavs team without them lol

GS core of Curry, Thompson and Green never would have beaten the Cavs in a 7 game series, and all that matter is they never did. There is a reason Green went crying in the parking lot to call durant after they loss.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that. He probably is their leader. He is definitely their biggest name player with the most playoff experience. He might even be their best player on paper.

But they are damn good without him. And there is absolutely 0 evidence from the entire history of Kyrie Irving's playing career suggesting he has anywhere near as much impact on his team as the truly elite players do. Since LeBron arrived in Cleveland, Kyrie's teams have only been marginally better when he has been on the court vs. when he has been off it.

And in the NBA Finals?

When Kyrie was on the roster, Cleveland was 5-8 in games where Kyrie played, and 2-3 in games he didn't. And no, that doesn't mean they were better without him. But they weren't as much better with him as you think.

Actually not really...

This year:

Kyrie Bos without him (in the east)

25-16

Curry GS without him (in the west)

24-12

As for the finals you are including once Durant got added to try and skew a statistic lol

Before that the Cavs were 4-3 with Kyrie vs GS and 2-4 without him

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016 cavs were much better than the 2015 version BECAUSE they had Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. What's next, the Celtics in 2019 are better than the 2018 Celtics because they have Kyrie and Hayward?

I disagree. In 2015, that was the first finals appearance for the Warriors. None of them had finals experience. They had the wind at their back going into the next season, with finals experience and home court once again in the finals. The number back this up that 2016 was a much better team than 2015. The warriors struggled to beat the cavs in 2015 with the next best player as delly, and holding HC it still went 6.

The only time GS (pre durant)beat the cavs core was when GS didn't face Irving or love. You say they "needed" a green suspension but glance over the fact that Love and Irving also missed a game in that series. Nice excuse tho? What was your excuse for the other 2 games Green played in that they lost? Injuries to curry? You mean the guy that was putting up 30+ and doing 360's in the layup line in the series before the cavs? An injury means you miss the entire series, like Irving and Love did kid.

As for the GS comment, that was more just a hope it plays out, but not actually believing it. You actually think a cavs team with Kyrie and love is no better than a cavs team without them lol

GS core of Curry, Thompson and Green never would have beaten the Cavs in a 7 game series, and all that matter is they never did. There is a reason Green went crying in the parking lot to call durant after they loss.

Wrong.

The 2016 Cavs were much better than the 2015 Cavs were before Love and Irving got hurt.

I am not talking about the version that faced the Warriors in the Finals. I am talking about the fully healthy version.

And if they had been as good, David Blatt would have never been fired. How quickly you forget the dysfunction when it fits your narrative.

Yes, the 2016 Warriors were a lot better than the 2015 Warriors also. However, the version that the Cavs actually faced in the Finals was not because of the injuries, suspension and Harrison Barnes' epic face plant.

See how that works?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually not really...

This year:

Kyrie Bos without him (in the east)

25-16

Curry GS without him (in the west)

24-12

As for the finals you are including once Durant got added to try and skew a statistic lol

Before that the Cavs were 4-3 with Kyrie vs GS and 2-4 without him

Nope.

The Cavs were actually 4-4 with Kyrie.

And according to you, adding KD was a bad move for the Warriors, so why can't I use that?

And I have no idea what your Curry/Irving win loss totals attempt to prove. GS is an all time great team. They are clearly not as good without Curry, just like Boston isn't as good without Kyrie. The difference is that Kyrie is Boston's "best player", while Curry is not for GS.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

The 2016 Cavs were much better than the 2015 Cavs were before Love and Irving got hurt.

I am not talking about the version that faced the Warriors in the Finals. I am talking about the fully healthy version.

And if they had been as good, David Blatt would have never been fired. How quickly you forget the dysfunction when it fits your narrative.

Yes, the 2016 Warriors were a lot better than the 2015 Warriors also. However, the version that the Cavs actually faced in the Finals was not because of the injuries, suspension and Harrison Barnes' epic face plant.

See how that works?

David Blatt was fired in 2016, the year they won the championship lol

So let me get this straight. The Warriors in 2015 with homecourt took 6 games to win with the cavs having actual injuries to both stars who missed actual entire series. Then the 2016 GS warriors, who had their entire team, a much better team with championship experience loses on their own court in a 7 game series. You know why teams have never lost a 7 games series after being up 3-1 and game 7 on their own court? Funny i don't see any comments about injuries when they took their 3-1 lead in the 2016 finals thread? You have to be significantly better to win a 7 game series on the road, let alone a game 7 on the road. It's no coincidence that the Cavs had a much better offensive ranking and close to the same defensive ranking and that explains who really was the better team. So if we conclude that the cavs were significantly better in 2016, odds are they were way better in 2015. You can try the injury excuse, but that didn't seem to come up until they started losing. You can even pretend the Cavs also didn't have any injuries that year either or in the finals? Maybe they got the injuries after game 4? Odd!

Lets also not forget this was Kyrie and Love's first finals experience and playing time. You can desperately try to claim injuries that were not there or you could except the more logical explanation that a team of Lebron/Kyrie/love is just better than a team of Curry/Thompson/Green

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@lebron23james

Here is your problem. What exactly does Boston need to do to prove you right? A championship would be a good argument, but even then it would be debateable. Because if you look at team comparisons, the 2004 Pistons is probably the closest comp for the current Celtics. They had a lot of very good players and a great coach, but no superstar.

Given what they accomplished last year, along with projected improvement for the young stars and the addition of Hayward, the Celtics SHOULD win 65 games and make the NBA Finals. Anything less than that would be more evidence on my side of the Kyrie case.